• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Gardevoir GX/Sylveon GX Deck

Ampharos142

Aspiring Trainer
Hi, I am going to be playing this exact deck to the Sheffield regional tournament this year, what do you think and is there any improvements that can be made?

##Pokémon - 15

* 2 Eevee SUM 101
* 4 Ralts BUS 91
* 3 Kirlia BUS 92
* 2 Sylveon-GX GRI 92
* 3 Gardevoir-GX BUS 93
* 1 Gallade BKT 84

##Trainer Cards - 30

* 2 Rare Candy SUM 129
* 1 Professor's Letter BKT 146
* 1 Lillie SLG 62
* 3 Ultra Ball SUM 135
* 1 Acerola BUS 112
* 1 Brigette BKT 134
* 2 Choice Band GRI 121
* 2 Fairy Garden FCO 100
* 3 N FCO 105
* 2 Guzma BUS 115
* 4 Professor Sycamore BKP 107
* 1 Professor Kukui SUM 128
* 2 Nest Ball SUM 123
* 1 Skyla BKT 148
* 2 Field Blower GRI 125
* 1 Fisherman BKT 136
* 1 Karen PR-XY XY177a

##Energy - 15

* 11 Fairy Energy 9
* 4 Double Colorless Energy SLG 69

Total Cards - 60

Oh boy, where do I begin? First of all, Forbidden Light is legal, so pick up 3 Diantha, it makes Fairy Pokemon much, much stronger.

Drop 2 Kirlia for 2 Rare Candy. You absolutely need 4 in this deck, and the strategy is to use Sylveon to grab Rare Candy, Gardevoirs, and usually some supporter.

Right now, I'm contemplating how to explain this, but: there are a LOT of unnecessary cards in the deck. Most of these are one-of supporters/items, and the lack of some other staples this deck usually plays.

Alrighty, I'm automatically assuming you have no Leles and don't plan on getting them. However, if this is not the case, Gardevoir decks usually play up to 3.

The clunky cards I mentioned earlier were cards like:
  • Lillie
  • Acerola
  • Kukui
  • Skyla
  • Fisherman
  • Karen
And to a certain degree, even Brigette, since you have no way to search it turn 1. Brigette gets it's power from having Leles and having a sufficient enough way to hit it ASAP.

Cynthia, Diantha, 4 Rare Candy, and 4 Ultra Ball are needed to make any Gardevoir variant playable. It's also common for Gardevoir players to have 3 Guzma, Float Stone(which means no Fairy Garden) and Parallel City. Parallel City allows you to cripple your opponent by forcing them to choose 3 Pokemon to keep, and Plea GX-ing them to 1 Pokemon on their bench. Fairy Garden isn't that useful anyway, since manually retreating doesn't really hurt you. But Float Stone is there just as reassurance.

The reason you don't want those supporters are because they're too situational for only running one copy(even though Skyla usually works well) and Sylveon's searching is only useful to a certain point, since you want to only really use it for setting up Gardys.

You have 2 Nest Ball, so dropping Brigette doesn't make much of a difference either way.

-2 Kirlia
-1 Lillie
-1 Acerola
-1 Brigette
-2 Fairy Garden
-1 Kukui
-1 Skyla
-1 Fisherman
-1 Karen
If you make these changes, you'll have 11 free spots. I recommend using these spots for
+2 Rare Candy
+1 Ultra Ball
+1 Float Stone
+1 Parallel City
+1 Guzma
+2 Cynthia
+3 Diantha
Because Gardevoir also runs a lot of precious resources, it might also be worth considering
-1 Sycamore
+1 Cynthia.
If you're worried about no recovery, I thought that through too.
-2 Fairy Energy
+2 Super Rod

This in total leaves the list with all its best parts, and leaving it well-rounded, consistent(Sylveon does not equal consistency. Sylveon equals setup), and powerful deck. You can take the basis of these changes and play around with certain card counts as you'd like.
But I do have to warn you, not hitting turn 1 Brigette very much so hurts the deck, Gardevoir is very Lele reliant. Without Lele, I don't expect you to do so hot as you would like. Even just borrowing them from friends that are going to the same regional means you can play Brigette and make the deck a lot stronger.

But good luck with the deck. I hope I helped!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the advice, If I were to purchase 2 tapu Lele GX what changes would need to be made to support these two cards?

Back