Discussion Gardevoir GX Potential Partners

WannabeWeeb

Dreaming (And Fiesty) Trainer
Hello There!

Gardevoir GX is one of the new GX cards coming out in the Burning Shadows set that will be releasing in August. Other cards will be releasing that were obviously meant to help a Gardevoir GX deck like Diancie (to accelerate evolution since Gardevoir is a stage 2) and Ribombee (who grabs energies out of the deck, giving you the energies in hand you need to use Gardevoir GX's ability).

Who is the better partner to Gardevoir GX? Other suggestions for pairings with this fairy type GX? Maybe even a rough draft of a decklist? (I'd be interested in seeing that^^)

Diancie's English translation: http://www.pokebeach.com/2017/06/diancie-from-sm3

Ribombee's English translation: https://kantopokedexpr.com/ribombee-sm3/

Gardevoir GX's English translation: https://www.reddit.com/r/pkmntcg/comments/6e6vil/gardevoir_gx_from_sm3/93-Gardevoir-GX-Burning-Shadows-147x200.jpg.pagespeed.ce.HjxQjJeJfH.jpg Diancie-SM3-143x200.jpg.pagespeed.ce.M7--HFViJQ.jpg Ribombee-SM3-Banner-1.jpg

The decklist I've been fiddling around with uses Gallade BKT. It's part of the same evolution line, meaning it's easy to get out and running a single copy really won't hurt your consistency, and uses Double Colorless Energy, which Gardevoir already runs. With a bulky 150 HP and a solid attack in Sensitive Blade, Gallade is a great, single-Prize backup hitter. Premonition is also an astoundingly good ability, letting you pick from the top 5 cards of your deck to draw next turn. While your opponent can take that away with an N, this isn't something they can do every turn, so over the course of the game Premonition will work out more often than not.

With espeon gx and the confusion I think comfey would be a great tech with his ability for no status effects

The decklist I've been fiddling around with uses Gallade BKT. It's part of the same evolution line, meaning it's easy to get out and running a single copy really won't hurt your consistency, and uses Double Colorless Energy, which Gardevoir already runs. With a bulky 150 HP and a solid attack in Sensitive Blade, Gallade is a great, single-Prize backup hitter. Premonition is also an astoundingly good ability, letting you pick from the top 5 cards of your deck to draw next turn. While your opponent can take that away with an N, this isn't something they can do every turn, so over the course of the game Premonition will work out more often than not.
Ohh I never thought about that. Thank you for the feedback! Adding Gallade would be a very nice addition for consistency, but don't decks with Gallade usually have Octillery as well..to draw the cards you put on top using Premonition?

With espeon gx and the confusion I think comfey would be a great tech with his ability for no status effects
Great idea! Comfey will also block the upcoming Alolan Muk GX from stacking status conditions on you and doing major damage.

Great idea! Comfey will also block the upcoming Alolan Muk GX from stacking status conditions on you and doing major damage.

Exactly also been looking to throw marshadow gx in also for the ability which hurts drampa and and zorark which are also popular and dark will be super popular

Exactly also been looking to throw marshadow gx in also for the ability which hurts drampa and and zorark which are also popular and dark will be super popular
Very good idea to add Marshadow GX, but I'm pretty sure it only copies basic pokemon and there are no attacking basics in the ideal Gardevoir GX deck, unless we add one just for the sake of Marshadow GX. However, the deckspace at that point might not work out.

Very good idea to add Marshadow GX, but I'm pretty sure it only copies basic pokemon and there are no attacking basic in the ideal Gardevoir GX deck, unless we add one just for the sake of Marshadow GX. However, the deckspace at that point might not work out.
I really wanna try xerneas break in this deck as well

Ohh I never thought about that. Thank you for the feedback! Adding Gallade would be a very nice addition for consistency, but don't decks with Gallade usually have Octillery as well..to draw the cards you put on top using Premonition?

Marshadow-GX really isn't necessary. It's also only able to use the attacks of Basic Pokemon with its Ability, so it can't even copy Gardevoir-GX's attack. Zoroark really isn't a threat due to Gardevoir-GX's Dark resistance. Even Zoroark BREAK won't be one-shotting a Gardevoir with Mind Jack or Foul Play. Drampa-GX can hit hard, but also won't be one-shotting Gardevoir. With a Fairy Energy and a DCE attached (which you can do in one turn thanks to the Ability), Gardevoir will hit for 180 on a loaded Drampa, which will deliver a KO if it doesn't have a Fighting Fury Belt. Gallade BKT will also one-shot Drampa regardless, since Sensitive Blade will hit for a whooping 260 damage if you played a Supporter.

Octillery a card that can be considered, but isn't really necessary. Abyssal Hand is an astounding Ability and works beautifully with Premonition if you can find room for another Evolution line. However, Gallade is still a powerful card even without out, as seen in Expanded Maxie's decks which don't run Octillery. In both Maxie's and in this deck, Gallade's primary role is a backup attacker, with the Ability being an additional perk, but it doesn't make the deck.

I really wanna try xerneas break in this deck as well
I like that idea as well. I'm mostly looking forward to playing Gardevoir GX as the only attacker and playing everything else to boost Gardevoir's acceleration and power. Xerneas BREAK could be used as a secondary attacker if you're willing to sacrifice speed.

Marshadow-GX really isn't necessary. It's also only able to use the attacks of Basic Pokemon with its Ability, so it can't even copy Gardevoir-GX's attack. Zoroark really isn't a threat due to Gardevoir-GX's Dark resistance. Even Zoroark BREAK won't be one-shotting a Gardevoir with Mind Jack or Foul Play. Drampa-GX can hit hard, but also won't be one-shotting Gardevoir. With a Fairy Energy and a DCE attached (which you can do in one turn thanks to the Ability), Gardevoir will hit for 180 on a loaded Drampa, which will deliver a KO if it doesn't have a Fighting Fury Belt. Gallade BKT will also one-shot Drampa regardless, since Sensitive Blade will hit for a whooping 260 damage if you played a Supporter.

Octillery a card that can be considered, but isn't really necessary. Abyssal Hand is an astounding Ability and works beautifully with Premonition if you can find room for another Evolution line. However, Gallade is still a powerful card even without out, as seen in Expanded Maxie's decks which don't run Octillery. In both Maxie's and in this deck, Gallade's primary role is a backup attacker, with the Ability being an additional perk, but it doesn't make the deck.
Yes exactly. Thanks for the input. Gallade will definitely make it into my Gardevoir GX decklist, even without Octillery. As for Marshadow..its not even usable or needed in the deck for flipping type matchups if theres a Gallade in the deck already. I'm still looking forward to the Diancie and Ribombee..although I can't see a consistent list being made with both of them in a Gardevoir GX deck.

Is an Espeon-EX a good pro-Gardy tech? In the event Trashalanche Garb doesn't have energy at time of gardy' s attack, and Garbotoxin is in play, as long as anything less than 10 items are in discard, no 1hko on garb(by 30 Hit points) or Gardy after choice band on garb, and if garb returns to bench after, only oricorio(provided at least 3 pokemon is in discard on Garb's side) or miraculous shine(devolves opposing Garb back to trubbish, then it is ko'd as a trubbish) can ko it...

Is an Espeon-EX a good pro-Gardy tech? In the event Trashalanche Garb doesn't have energy at time of gardy' s attack, and Garbotoxin is in play, as long as anything less than 10 items are in discard, no 1hko on garb(by 30 Hit points) or Gardy after choice band on garb, and if garb returns to bench after, only oricorio(provided at least 3 pokemon is in discard on Garb's side) or miraculous shine(devolves opposing Garb back to trubbish, then it is ko'd as a trubbish) can ko it...
Hmm well in that scenario..then the ideal play would be to attach double colorless energies while using the ability by the second turn to have at least 4 energies on Gardevoir which is enough to K.O. Garb. Plus Gardevoir's GX attack would definitely help, even though the set up of the ideal Gardevoir GX deck wouldn't require that many items to begin with, which lowers the damage output on Garb anyways. I think most of the time, Garb won't be a problem but we can only be sure once testing starts. The idea you gave for the Espeon tech is definitely still considered though. Thanks for the input!

Back