Garchomp....

Serperior

~
Advanced Member
I'm thinking of playing Garchomp for States, as when you have a Psychic Energy for instance, Cresselia is OHKO'd. Fighting Energy? Same for Darkrai. What do you guys think about Garchomp, and should I play it or not?

I played Garchomp with Weavile and it did exceptionally well! Well it depends what is your metagame? If your metagame is G+G,Darkrai varients,Blissey varients,and Cresselia varients,then yes I would play Garchomp! Play it with Boundary and a 1-0-1 Blastoise {d} to cover up your Blissey weakness! That way,Boundary makes everything x2 Blastoise covers your weakness! Start with Smeargle for sure! Its your choice on whether you want to play Aerodactyl {d} for his power to get energy through his power! Be sure to play 2-4 Boost so you can quickly go Garchomp if you go 2nd candy Boost 70! Hope I helped!

Uh, Uchiha, you do realize that Boundary has no effect whatsoever on anything not weak to colorless, which is Garchomp's actual type, right? Since, y'know, Garchomp's body does NOT alter his type. You're thinking of Porygon-Z.

Anyway, there are a few options.
- Smeargle SW for the start. Can be backed up by Pachirishu, so you play like 4 Pachi 2 Smeargle 434 Garchomp.
- Aerodactyl with Holon Fossil. Not smart to play Mysterious Fossil in a deck with so few other basics.
- MagneCatty engine. Gets you the energy when you need it. Leaves little room for a good starter though, and a huge Battle Frontier weakness.

Thats what I'd pick from.

OK! Thanks about BLissey, forgot about her; I'm actually playing somewhere I have NO CLUE what the metagame is, so that's a problem. I don't think Aerodactyl is great because Roseanne's does the work for me already. Should I play a 4-2-4 line or a 4-2-3 line?

Actually dont play Kecleon that is just as bad as playing Ho-oh! If he wants to start with SMeargle he cant have Kecleon in the way!

I wasn't going to play Kecleon. It's not powerful, but it can be used as a wall. I wan to attack, and not let my opponent set up.

Garchomp is a slow deck, and a lot of the times you will NEED to stall with out letting them KO vital Pokemon, and that's what Kecleon is for

Keep Stoise Kecleon is just bad even for stall also what you have to keep in mind is that when you are setting up while trying to stall your opponent is dealing damage and still setting up! So Kecleon is out of the picture keep Blasty because with Garchomp being weak to weak to Blissey,that could be a problem!

Hmmm...I can see BOTH your reasoning! I'm gonna try both lines out. Whichever works best, it's in!

What ?man meant was this.. Garchomp needs 3 energies and the right one at that to kill the pokemon you mentioned.. whereas they are basics and can beat you up early on.. And BTW T2 decks are gonna kill this one quickly.. But it's still a good deck.. You just need to cover speed and T2 deck problems

Pokeric mentions Kecleon to stall. Comments? What do you guys think about that? I'm still thinking that Blissey will kill me. Blastoise is perfect for coverup. However, Kecleon stalls EVERYTHING!(Except Blissey...)

i think you could use spinda as a starter , beacuse he can be a beast and has good hand draw.

4 spinda
3 aredactyl hp (4 holon fossil)
4-3-4 garchomp
2-1-2 togekiss

Back