• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Garchomp

DawnOfXatu

XXXatu
4 Garchomp
4 Gabite
4 Gible
3 Mewtwo EX
2 Stunfisk
1 Registeel EX
1 Emolga
(19)

2 Blend WFLM
4 Double Colorless Energy
7 Fighting Energy
(13)

4 Professor Juniper
4 N
3 Cheren
4 Pokemon Communication
3 Level Ball
1 Ultra Ball
4 Catcher
3 Switch
2 Rare Candy
(28)

Use the beefed up Garchomp line to get out multiple Garchomp early in the game while putting early damage with Stunfisk or Mewtwo. Then either engage in a Mewtwo war, or sweep with multiple Garchomps. The deck runs through the majority of its cards pretty fast, which makes getting the necessary cards at the right time fairly simple. Haven't faced anything that has given me a whole lot of trouble yet.

-2 gabite
+1 rare candy
+1 super rod

much faster. i dont see the use for registeel or stunkfish either, they just look like random fillers. if you want early damage then garchomp sweep in the end. my pokemon list for this line would personally look more like this:

4-2-4 garchomp
2 mewtwo ex
2 tornadus ex
2 emolga

IMO* that is solid and simple.

also maybe:
-1 level ball
-1 communication
-2 fighting
+2 blend wflm
+2 ultra ball

Trexroarr said:
You really can't run this deck without a few Altaria lines.

that's the most ridiculous thing i've ever heard.
why couldn't you?

a t2 potential hundred doesn't NEED an extra damage stack.

I don't get it. Your Garchomps aren't dealing enough damage to OHKO big threats, and you lose Mewtwo wars. I'm pretty sure you should just run a more streamlined list or at the very least explain your choices of techs.

If you're planning on Dragonblading everything, why do you only run two Blend energies and not four or better yet basic water energies? If they Enhanced Hammer, your chances of drawing that last Blend Energy are so slim, which means that you're stuck dealing a pitiful 60 damage which in most cases 3-4 KOs EXs and you lose Mewtwo wars. I'm pretty sure that's why people play Altaria with this deck to make Mach Cutter a much better attack, since it's effect is actually very usable.

You also run 0 super rod to counter act the milling effect of Dragonblade, not to mention that you also run four Professor Juniper. Mid game, Juniper will be a dead draw for you because you could have potentially gone through 10 cards in one turn trying to refresh your hand. When your main attack already mills you for two, you're going to deck yourself quickly. Conserving on resources when things get that dire just means you're going to be unable to draw or search for the things that you need to keep the momentum going for your deck, which would most likely be engaging the Mewtwo war, which again you'll likely lose.

JimboJumbo said:
I don't get it. Your Garchomps aren't dealing enough damage to OHKO big threats, and you lose Mewtwo wars. I'm pretty sure you should just run a more streamlined list or at the very least explain your choices of techs.

If you're planning on Dragonblading everything, why do you only run two Blend energies and not four or better yet basic water energies? If they Enhanced Hammer, your chances of drawing that last Blend Energy are so slim, which means that you're stuck dealing a pitiful 60 damage which in most cases 3-4 KOs EXs and you lose Mewtwo wars. I'm pretty sure that's why people play Altaria with this deck to make Mach Cutter a much better attack, since it's effect is actually very usable.

You also run 0 super rod to counter act the milling effect of Dragonblade, not to mention that you also run four Professor Juniper. Mid game, Juniper will be a dead draw for you because you could have potentially gone through 10 cards in one turn trying to refresh your hand. When your main attack already mills you for two, you're going to deck yourself quickly. Conserving on resources when things get that dire just means you're going to be unable to draw or search for the things that you need to keep the momentum going for your deck, which would most likely be engaging the Mewtwo war, which again you'll likely lose.

I'd have to agree. I could see Garchomp with maybe a suprise Mewtwo or two and some DCE's working, but this just doesn't seem to have any potential.

Putting DCEs into this deck solely for Mewtwo makes even less sense as in that current list, you can only search for one mewtwo and otherwise, DCE is a completely dead draw to the rest of the deck.

garchomp destroys mewtwo?

1 energy for 60 and you discard their specials so mewtwo has to reattach each turn while hes doing 60 to you with xball?
pokemon has surely lost it's flavor and it's the children who have destroyed it.
the game has evolved into a boring ohko matchup where it's not a good game if it doesnt end within 8 turns.
i remember when you could have a battle that could last 30+ minutes and still be 1/2 through.
the game is getting too commercial, and poppy with big numbers and big attacks. i feared it would happen when nintendo bought out wizards and it has.

if i can remember right, just a few months ago donphan was destroying mewtwo. 1 energy for 60 damage. and he was damage his own bench.

ashtavakra said:
garchomp destroys mewtwo?

1 energy for 60 and you discard their specials so mewtwo has to reattach each turn while hes doing 60 to you with xball?
pokemon has surely lost it's flavor and it's the children who have destroyed it.
the game has evolved into a boring ohko matchup where it's not a good game if it doesnt end within 8 turns.
i remember when you could have a battle that could last 30+ minutes and still be 1/2 through.
the game is getting too commercial, and poppy with big numbers and big attacks. i feared it would happen when nintendo bought out wizards and it has.

if i can remember right, just a few months ago donphan was destroying mewtwo. 1 energy for 60 damage. and he was damage his own bench.

None of your post has any accuracy at all regarding how the game state is currently. Not all decks rely on waiting for DCE to attach to Mewtwo, nor do those decks use Mewtwo to score OHKOs on opposing Pokemon that aren't Mewtwo.

The biggest Pokemon in the format (arguably) only does 90 damage which isn't score OHKO's on anything huge, so explaining that should be fun. If Nintendo thought the game wasn't lasting long enough, they would've tried to slow the format down by reintroducing the usability of Stage 2 Pokemon by making their abilities and their attacks worth using. Wait... that's kind of what's already happening now...

Garchomp doesn't destroy Mewtwo in any means. It has a good match up against it but it's not impossible for Mewtwo to come out on top. If they attach basic energy to Mewtwo in the case of Darkrai Hydregion decks or Eelektrik decks, scoring a 2HKO on Garchomps is not bad while without Altarias in this deck, you're going to 3HKO evolited Mewtwo and lose 6 cards from your deck, or 5HKO Mewtwo otherwise.

JimboJumbo said:
None of your post has any accuracy at all regarding how the game state is currently. Not all decks rely on waiting for DCE to attach to Mewtwo, nor do those decks use Mewtwo to score OHKOs on opposing Pokemon that aren't Mewtwo.

The biggest Pokemon in the format (arguably) only does 90 damage which isn't score OHKO's on anything huge, so explaining that should be fun. If Nintendo thought the game wasn't lasting long enough, they would've tried to slow the format down by reintroducing the usability of Stage 2 Pokemon by making their abilities and their attacks worth using. Wait... that's kind of what's already happening now...

Garchomp doesn't destroy Mewtwo in any means. It has a good match up against it but it's not impossible for Mewtwo to come out on top. If they attach basic energy to Mewtwo in the case of Darkrai Hydregion decks or Eelektrik decks, scoring a 2HKO on Garchomps is not bad while without Altarias in this deck, you're going to 3HKO evolited Mewtwo and lose 6 cards from your deck, or 5HKO Mewtwo otherwise.

haven't seen it. i must not be playing as good of competition as you. lol

From playing a garchomp deck this past week I find that they play great early but don't have a very solid mid to late game run, super rod would help to get a garchomp back to extend the deck's play time but since you're running mewtwo as an additional attack line it's almost not needed. However I would suggest a couple e. switch for mewtwo wars.

Also he's playing registeel EX which is a much better tech in comparison to altaria.

To end the argument between the two above me, ashtavakra you contradicted you're first post entirely so you're point is invalid and tool scrapper and plus power 2HKO.

Mora said:
I'd have to agree. I could see Garchomp with maybe a suprise Mewtwo or two and some DCE's working, but this just doesn't seem to have any potential.

On second thought, I think I'd just run Mewtwo with Energy Switch if I were to use it. And I think I'd still include Altarias, because it seems like it would be way more consistent if you were to focus on Garchomp, and at that point, the Altarias will probably be worth it.

Back