• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Garchomp/Lucario

darkmaster1415

Aspiring Trainer
My cousin recently has started to show some interest the TCG and I figured the best way to introduce him was to have him play the online version with my old account and 2 copies of the Mach Speed theme deck which I am surprised to hear is a decent tier 3 deck. Thoughts and fixes on it? Note its built of old cards I own, random packs, and cards from the other free theme decks.

Pokemon:17
4x Gible (Ascension)
4x Gabite (Ascension)
4x Garchomp
2x Riolu (70/147)
2x Lucario
1x Oranguru

Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums:31
4x Choice Band
4x Cynthia
1x Energy Lotto
3x Evosoda
1x Float Stone
1x Guzma
1x Lillie
2x N (Considering adding a 3rd one)
2x Pal Pad
2x Pokemon Fan Club (I currently lack Bridgettes)
2x Professor Sycamore (Considering running more copies)
3x Puzzle of Time
4x Ultra Ball

Energies:12
4x Double Colorless
8x Fighting

Other cards I would add if I had them Bridgette,4x Puzzle of Time, and Tap Lele.

The strategy of the deck is to get Garchomp that can deal 100 damage or 200 with Royal Blades when you use Cynthia on the field quickly with Lucario which allows you to search anything while you control a Garchomp.

Last edited:
I'm playing this right now, actually!
However, I don't have Spiritomb, I find that two Pal Pad is enough to go through the entire game.
Carbink? While it's good, it has no relation in this deck at all.
I'd swap the counter catcher out, too, unless you feel you need it.
Giovanni's Scheme! I love that card! Unfortunately, it is completely outclassed by Professor Kukui.
Actually, I'd take out the rare Candy, because as long as you have Ascension you can go through the entire evolution chain in the same time it takes to Rare candy.
All that goes for:
Two more Choice Band, you need them to OHKO your favorite weakness, Gardevoir GX.
3 Wally. As long as you're going to do it without Rare Candy, you need to evolve.
1 More Evosoda.
And one Devoured Field in case anyone is playing Decidueye.

In summary:
-2 Spiritomb
-1 Carbink
-1 Counter Catcher
-1 Giovanni's Scheme
-3 Rare Candy

+2 Choice Band
+3 Wally
+1 Evosoda
+1 Devoured Field

May the Prize Cards be ever in your favor.

I'm playing this right now, actually!
However, I don't have Spiritomb, I find that two Pal Pad is enough to go through the entire game.
Carbink? While it's good, it has no relation in this deck at all.
I'd swap the counter catcher out, too, unless you feel you need it.
Giovanni's Scheme! I love that card! Unfortunately, it is completely outclassed by Professor Kukui.
Actually, I'd take out the rare Candy, because as long as you have Ascension you can go through the entire evolution chain in the same time it takes to Rare candy.
All that goes for:
Two more Choice Band, you need them to OHKO your favorite weakness, Gardevoir GX.
3 Wally. As long as you're going to do it without Rare Candy, you need to evolve.
1 More Evosoda.
And one Devoured Field in case anyone is playing Decidueye.

In summary:
-2 Spiritomb
-1 Carbink
-1 Counter Catcher
-1 Giovanni's Scheme
-3 Rare Candy

+2 Choice Band
+3 Wally
+1 Evosoda
+1 Devoured Field

May the Prize Cards be ever in your favor.
I recently got 2 Choice Bands from trading so I will add those and make the following choices

-1 Carbink (Only used it for its attack and anti ex ability)
-2 Spiritomb (I only used it for its recycling supporter attack)
-1 Giovanni's Scheme
-1 Nest Ball
+1 Oranguru
+2 Choice Bands
+1 Devoured Field (I will try that out)
+1 Evosoda
+3 Puzzle of Time
+2 Wally ( I currently only own 2)

Last edited:
Back