Garchomp C- The format breaker

Darkartisan

We will bury you
Garchomp C. He's a beast. I'd make an article but I dont wanna hear "spoonfeeding, or" about how I didn't add stuff or how I forgot things.

Garchomp C

Advatanges:
-Hits hard quickly (3 for 80 snipe, or 2 and energy gain)
-Snipes(3 for 80)
-Heals(when you drop the Lv X you heal all sp pokemon on your side of the field)
-Tanks(healer/damage dealer)
-Free retreat(self explanitory)
-SP pokemon so it can use energy gains and such

Disadvantages:
Semi Low HP, can be KO'd by flygon easily)
x2 Colorless weakness(^^)

By turn 2 you can be sniping for 80(with a flints)! That's HUGE and gamebreaking. You can quickly delete things that your opponent is setting up, even possibly DONK!

For example. My opponent was setting up a flygon. I sniped the Vibrava with 2 energy on it. She then had nothing left to work with. By t4 I was again swinging for 80.

With Luxray:(Offensively Minded) aka Lions and dragons

Best choice imo, you bring up bench sitters with Luxray, or even things with huge retreat, bring up Garchomp, and start dealing massive damage. If you take damage just drop the Garchomp C Lv X and heal fully!

With Palkia:(Defensively minded) aka Palkiachomp

Like Legoes but better. Using Mesprit to powerlock and negate things, then blowing them away, you use Garchomp to rush anything that gets in the way of you powerlocking and basically just slowly ripping apart your opponents strategy card by card. I run this deck and it's crazy good.

With Infernape:(Balanced) aka Monkeys and dragons

Using infernape as a benchsitter/late game hitter, you use Garchomp to stop anything from beating your Infernape to heck as you destroy their bench. Infernape's main purpose is to keep switching out pokemon to act as a disrupter.

With Dialga G: Snipelock

Dialga G is used to stop anything with bodies. I haven't played this deck and I don't know how well it does but it seems like the main idea would be to get Dialga sitting bench, while still beefing it up with sp metals to tank, while stalling and sniping with Garchomp C, and dropping Garchomp C Lv X anytime that Dialga G Lv x comes close to getting KO'd.

Just my little article, this deck is (dare I say it) BDIF, the card is ridiuculous!

I see you points, but there are problems with Garchomp C.

1. You said that you can just snipe Vibrava for 80. May I remind you of Rare Candy? That's in instant boost to 120HP, and in another turn or so then that's a Flygon Lv.X. They KO you. Sure, they have weakness to Garchomp. They will still have a Nidoqueen with them.

2. Machamp

3. Gengar. Obviously, Garchomp C Lv.X has a Poke Power. If you Unown G Garchomp, it'll require three energy to attack. Gengar requires only one, thus can outspeed Garchomp. Then they have Poltergeist.

4. Power Spray cancels that Power.

5. You discard energy!! Unlike Infernape 4 and Palkia G, after that discard you really don't have other ways to backup the attack (If you know what I mean.) Infernape 4's Fire Spin can be recoverd with RayStark, or the deck's heavy use of NM, Aaron's, or Palmer's. Garchomp C may have those needs, but perhaps not as much as Infernape. If Infernape struggles to recover any energy, he has Split Bomb. Garchomp's better attack hits his own bench. And for Palkia, he has Pearl Breath.

6. Speaking of Palkia, they Mesprit Lock you. Good game.

Gliscor said:
I see you points, but there are problems with Garchomp C.

1. You said that you can just snipe Vibrava for 80. May I remind you of Rare Candy? That's in instant boost to 120HP, and in another turn or so then that's a Flygon Lv.X. They KO you. Sure, they have weakness to Garchomp. They will still have a Nidoqueen with them.

Ok, it was a situation.

2. Machamp

Is stopped by techs or G'd Luxrays, or dragging out claydol. Hello.

3. Gengar. Obviously, Garchomp C Lv.X has a Poke Power. If you Unown G Garchomp, it'll require three energy to attack. Gengar requires only one, thus can outspeed Garchomp. Then they have Poltergeist.

No duh. Is it really hard to play around poltergeist? I lolled.

4. Power Spray cancels that Power.

Really? I had no clue.

5. You discard energy!! Unlike Infernape 4 and Palkia G, after that discard you really don't have other ways to backup the attack (If you know what I mean.) Infernape 4's Fire Spin can be recoverd with RayStark, or the deck's heavy use of NM, Aaron's, or Palmer's. Garchomp C may have those needs, but perhaps not as much as Infernape. If Infernape struggles to recover any energy, he has Split Bomb. Garchomp's better attack hits his own bench. And for Palkia, he has Pearl Breath.

And Infernape can't snipe.

6. Speaking of Palkia, they Mesprit Lock you. Good game.

Its called luxray buddy.

The idea of the deck is to take out everything on the bench, not the main attacker. Flygon will be dealt with accordingly, along with Gengar, as you don't even need to attack it, but just G everything or keep 2 things G'd and dont refresh the bench

Very solid card, I really like it and think that it should be used in most SP decks. The regular form is fail, but the LV. X more than makes up for it. It really helps against Flygon as well.

Sorry about my previous post, I'm actually starting to take a look at Garchomp C again.

My previous post is it being more of a mere tech, since I've been playing it that way. It actually is helpful, due to the epic snipe and its ability to deal with Flygon.

Darkartisan said:
Its called luxray buddy.

The idea of the deck is to take out everything on the bench, not the main attacker. Flygon will be dealt with accordingly, along with Gengar, as you don't even need to attack it, but just G everything or keep 2 things G'd and don't refresh the bench

And even Gengar I don't think you should be very afraid of.

You attach a G and it can outspeed you. Ok, but it is still not a very scary card. Honestly it is one of the most easily played around cards people use as a main pokemon.

Exactly, thanks guys for your valid opinions. The original card is quick, not very good, but the whole thing is since it's SP it can abuse energy gains/poke turns, which makes it amazing.

using the LV X to heal, poketurn, and use it whenever you want again. Definately a battle roads winner

I actually think it is great with luxray. Start with flash impacts and then heal them off with Garchomp.

Bronzong g really helps it too. Not only does it help charge the Garchomp but it also gets healed.

Edit: Just wrecked a Metal mother gengar list. It was missing Uxie/roseannes, but I mean it didnt seem to matter. T2 Garchomp X, I was thinking of maybe playing 2-3 flints spirit

think about it... T2 fully charged garchomp X! That's pure terror!

Also trying out the Monkeys and dragons vairent(aka infernape/garchomp)

Never saw the true potential in G-chomp C before. Very nice article! Shouldn't his be under the article submissions?

Garchomp C definitely looks great right now, but what I think is going to break him even more is double colorless energy. There, you have T1 Garchomp sniping for 80, if I'm not mistaken.

It's a DISTURBINGLY good card with double colorless.. with turns/swtiches, you're pretty easily sniping 80 every turn you need to, with huge healing on top of that.

I PLAYED Garchomp C/ Luxray the first week of BRs. It landed a 3rd and 2nd in the first BR of the season (I was 3rd :() And tbh, Garchomp C fails as a tech in LuxApe/ BlazeRay. He's too good to be a tech.

I found that Garchomp C LV.X works very well with Absol G LV.X. Luxray works well with Garchomp as well, but they kind of overlap.

Oh man, Double Colorless is going to make this thing BEASTLY.

Garchomp C X. Great card.

However, it fails miserably, just because of the only card you can use underneath. That, and discarding energy AND not being able to attack with an attack that would of been amazing if one of those factors were removed?

The one problem with this card is there isn't many SP pokemon you can keep switching with it to take it's place after it does it's attack, then put it back out when it's got the energies back on it. Luxray GL X is the only thing I can think of, but that's better when you're using it to force a switch on your opponent. The best thing you can do with that is use it, lay down an energy, lay down a energy gain, attack, and heal whatever with Garchomp C X. However, it doesn't work out too well when Garchomp C X is already out.

Plus, you might want to save those poketurns for more healing.

Overall, it is a usable card though. It just could use some more Pokemon that have a free retreat cost like it does. It also seems more like a metagame stabilizer, rather then a gamebreaker. That, and it really could use an Unown G over a Energy gain.

Maybe it could be used with Raichu X, Raichu GL, and Double Colorless Energy. Continously snipe things, and when your opponent has a lot of pokemon that could be knocked out with 10 or 20 HP, Gravitation with Metagross. Seems like too much of a build to be useful though LOL.

Garchomp C is great if you are using Heatran Lv.X with it and an Energy Gain.
The problem is you need 2 Garchomp C Lv.X's to keep deal 80 damage.

heatran X wouldn't help its the pokemon the energy's attached to that has to be fire or metal

The Pain said:
heatran X wouldn't help its the pokemon the energy's attached to that has to be fire or metal
Ehm,Chomp is Colourless so it doesn't matter.
Just use Heatran to get the energy back.

Shaymin Lv.X said:
Ehm,Chomp is Colourless so it doesn't matter.
Just use Heatran to get the energy back.

heatran can't... the pokemon has to be either {R} or {M} for his power to work

I'm also going to play Garchomp C pretty soon, but I need a good Mewtwo counter..any ideas?

Back