• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Garchomp/banette

Sonkyhaner

Aspiring Trainer
Seeing how the meta is revolving around mostly mega decks and ex decks with alot of fighting fury belts. i though i coult tweak my older list of garchomp that i posted before to the meta atm. currently it is running great. please do try it out and do give me feedback :)
****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

##Pokémon - 15

* 4 Talonflame STS 96
* 4 Gible BKP 68
* 1 Gabite BKP69
* 4 Garchomp BKP 70
* 1 Shupett ROS 30
* 1 Banette ROS 31

##Trainer Cards - 36

* 4 Trainers' Mail ROS 98
* 1 Escape Rope PRC 127
* 4 Rare Candy PRC 135
* 2 Silent Lab PRC 140
* 2 Faded Town AOR 73
* 2 Super Rod BKT 149
* 2 Lysandre AOR 78
* 4 Professor Sycamore BKP 107
* 4 Ultra Ball FLF 99
* 1 Teammates PRC 141
* 4 VS Seeker ROS 110
* 3 N FAC 105
* 3 Level Ball NXD 89

##Energy - 9

* 4 Strong Energy FAC 115
* 5 Fighting Energy Energy 6

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the PokémonTCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO******

You may want to incorporate a Pokémon Ranger; otherwise an opponent's Jolteon EX could just "wall" for the game win.

Why no Special Charge (I recognize that Garchomp can retrieve discarded Strong energy, but is that adequate)?

Decks like Rainbow Road and M Rayquaza EX are popular and require large benches; so, why no Parallel City?

Have you ever considered incorporating a Mew (FCO)?

You may want to incorporate a Pokémon Ranger; otherwise an opponent's Jolteon EX could just "wall" for the game win.

Why no Special Charge (I recognize that Garchomp can retrieve discarded Strong energy, but is that adequate)?

Decks like Rainbow Road and M Rayquaza EX are popular and require large benches; so, why no Parallel City?

Have you ever considered incorporating a Mew (FCO)?

First off all. ranger is not that iportant. i have not used it once. in the games where you can ranger for a KO u usually can just use a lysandre and get 2 prizes anyway.
secondly. special charge is not neccecary. the retrieval of garchomp himself is enough. given that i only need 1 strong energy it is enough.
parralell city, could work. but i believe that silent lab is even better. against rainbow road its a lost matchup anyway. and i believe that its better to run faded town.
mew does not work. it only works on basic pokemon, in that case you would need the mew EX, and that would not work. anyways, you could not attach strong energies to a mew anyway.

First off all. ranger is not that iportant. i have not used it once. in the games where you can ranger for a KO u usually can just use a lysandre and get 2 prizes anyway.
secondly. special charge is not neccecary. the retrieval of garchomp himself is enough. given that i only need 1 strong energy it is enough.
parralell city, could work. but i believe that silent lab is even better. against rainbow road its a lost matchup anyway. and i believe that its better to run faded town.
mew does not work. it only works on basic pokemon, in that case you would need the mew EX, and that would not work. anyways, you could not attach strong energies to a mew anyway.
Special Charge helps in the situation(s) when you can't afford to Turbo Assault attack, but still need to get the discarded Strong energy back into play. And after recent Regional Tournaments' results, Enhanced Hammer has again become popular.

Why concede a game to an opponent who can just wall you with Jolteon EX (popular and ran in a number of decks, at least in my area)? Pokémon Ranger is a nice counter to this situation, as well as others (e.g., Chaos Wheel). Even if you did manage to take other prizes, chances are (assuming you are playing against a good opponent), you'd still lose once the wall is in place.

Without Parallel City, you'll again, most likely lose to, in addition to Rainbow Road decks, M Gardevoir EX and M Rayquaza EX decks (which may or may not be popular in your area; so, again, it's a meta call) too. No doubt Silent Lab is a good choice for your deck too.

Apologies about the Mew - that was a mistake on my part (had something else on my mind).

Just a few thoughts for your consideration.

Back