• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Garchomp Altaria

Diet

In a dilemma
I make decks often, and was gonna run Darkrai Hydreigon/ZekEels, but a certain pull at the Dragons Exalted Prerelease changed my mind.

This is BW-on.

4x Gible (Half Deck)
3x Gabite (Half Deck)
4x Garchomp (Dragons Exalted)
4x Swablu (Dragons Exalted)
3x Altaria (Dragons Exalted)
3x Emolga (Dragons Exalted)
1x Shiny Rayquaza (Dragons Exalted)

4x Professor Juniper (Dark Explorers)
4x N (Dark Explorers)
3x Cheren (Dark Explorers)
2x Bianca (Emerging Powers)

4x Pokemon Catcher (Emerging Powers)
3x Level Ball (Next Destinies)
3x Rare Candy (Dark Explorers)
2x Super Rod (Noble Victories)
2x Switch (Black and White)

7x Fighting Energy Fighting (Any set)
4x Blend Energy (Lightning, Water, Metal, Fighting) (Dragons Exalted)

Strategy (for those who do not know xD): T1 Emolga, Gible, Swablu, T2 Level Ball Gabite, Ability for Altaria, T3 Garchomp, attach fighting energy, Mach Cut for 60. (Goal)
Or, Rayquaza T1, early DONK on Tynamo/Gible/Deino/etc.

CHANGES:
-1 Switch, +1 Swablu (Thanks Mora!)
-1 Level Ball, +1 Emolga (Thanks ESP!)

Thank you for your time.

-1 Switch: You shouldn't need to many of these with one retreat on everything except Rayquaza.
+1 Swablu: 40 HP and {L} Weakness; it's almost guaranteed one of them is going to be KO'd.

you have bainca and cheren i say drop 2 baince of those and add some random receiver
so
- 2 bainca
+ 2 random receiver

^ Yeah. The only time I find Bianca being more helpful than Cheren would be after an N.

Looks fine from the view I have.
I'll have to say, threads look a lot nicer when people take the time to write out the whole set name rather than abbreviate it. (Not that there is anything wrong with abbreviations. I'm just saying it looks nicer. Meaning this thread looks nice. Yes.)

What's your reasoning on only 2 Emolga? If that's part of your goal/main strategy, I'd argue you need at least 3, possibly 4. I'd drop a Level Ball as Gabite is a good search card for you already, and you don't need as many Level Ball if you use Emolga to get your basics out.

@ESP The reason for 2 Emolga is because it's really annoying late-game if I keep getting Emolga. I have thought of 3, however. I think I might try 3 Emolga 3 Level Ball. 2 Emolga doesn't work out too well for me T1 so I'll try it. Thanks! =)

Back