Help Garbotoxin

craig_jp

Aspiring Trainer
What is a good deck that supports Garbotoxin? Any suggestions or decklists would be very much appreciated as thinking about using it this weekend coming at my local.

Thanks

What is a good deck that supports Garbotoxin? Any suggestions or decklists would be very much appreciated as thinking about using it this weekend coming at my local.

Thanks

Other than a regular Garbodor/Drampa GX or Garbodor/Espeon GX deck, you can try Golisopod GX/Garbodor. I would think that the last option is the best of the three, the only problem with the deck is the lack of late-game draw support, so just watch out for that. If you need a list, just let me know and I'd be happy to help!

I think that the biggest ones are Golisopod Garb (My favorite, and my main deck), Drampa Garb, and Espeon Garb.

It has seen a decline in play lately, so you could probably take some people by surprise.

Frostbiter and I must have been typing at the same time. Here is my list:

Pokemon: 16

3x Wimpod
3x Golisopod GX
3x Trubbish
2x Garbotoxin
1x Trasholanche
1x Tapu KoKo
2x Tapu LeLe
1x Tapu Fini ( This is because my brother is playing Gardivior. I will talk about replacements for this later.)

Supporters: 15

4x Professor Sycamore
4x N
3x Guzma
3x Acerola
1x Brigette

Items: 18

4x Float Stone
4x Choice Band
2x Field Blower
3x Heavy Ball (This is a choice that I have since wanted to change. I will again go over what I will be doing later)
4x Ultra Ball
1x Rescue Stretcher

Energy: 11

4x Double Colorless Energy
4x Rainbow Energy (Will touch on this in a moment)
3x Grass Energy

So, this list was made before a bunch of testing, and I would make some changes to it. Mainly:

-1x Tapu Fini
-1x Heavy Ball
-1x Rainbow Energy

+1x Skyla
+1x Grass Energy
+1x Something Else

The Tapu Fini is not really necessary. It is in here for the Gardovior matchup, but it is no longer the most popular card in the format. I do not think you should run Fini unless you come across a lot of Gardy players at your locals. Heavy Ball was a great Idea, but the card becomes dead late game. It is a fantastic way to automatically get you whichever boss Mon you need whenever you like, but 2 is plenty especially with the new inclusion of Skyla. Rainbow Energy comes out because now you do not have two Pokemon depending on it (Garb and Fini), and the Garb that needs it is a one of in here.

Skyla is a fantastic tutor card. With it, you have access to everything in the deck except for energy. Need a Golisopod? Skyla into Ultra Ball into Golisopod. Need Float Stone? Just take it. Topdeck Tapu Lele, but needed an Item? Tapu into Skyla into the Item you need. Topdeck Ultra Ball and you need a Choice Band to get the last knockout you need? Ultra into Lele into Skyla into Choice Band. The possibilities are endless!

Then the last spot is whatever tech you need. Feel free to ask questions about choices. Hope this was useful!

Frostbiter and I must have been typing at the same time. Here is my list:

Pokemon: 16

3x Wimpod
3x Golisopod GX
3x Trubbish
2x Garbotoxin
1x Trasholanche
1x Tapu KoKo
2x Tapu LeLe
1x Tapu Fini ( This is because my brother is playing Gardivior. I will talk about replacements for this later.)

Supporters: 15

4x Professor Sycamore
4x N
3x Guzma
3x Acerola
1x Brigette

Items: 18

4x Float Stone
4x Choice Band
2x Field Blower
3x Heavy Ball (This is a choice that I have since wanted to change. I will again go over what I will be doing later)
4x Ultra Ball
1x Rescue Stretcher

Energy: 11

4x Double Colorless Energy
4x Rainbow Energy (Will touch on this in a moment)
3x Grass Energy

So, this list was made before a bunch of testing, and I would make some changes to it. Mainly:

-1x Tapu Fini
-1x Heavy Ball
-1x Rainbow Energy

+1x Skyla
+1x Grass Energy
+1x Something Else

The Tapu Fini is not really necessary. It is in here for the Gardovior matchup, but it is no longer the most popular card in the format. I do not think you should run Fini unless you come across a lot of Gardy players at your locals. Heavy Ball was a great Idea, but the card becomes dead late game. It is a fantastic way to automatically get you whichever boss Mon you need whenever you like, but 2 is plenty especially with the new inclusion of Skyla. Rainbow Energy comes out because now you do not have two Pokemon depending on it (Garb and Fini), and the Garb that needs it is a one of in here.

Skyla is a fantastic tutor card. With it, you have access to everything in the deck except for energy. Need a Golisopod? Skyla into Ultra Ball into Golisopod. Need Float Stone? Just take it. Topdeck Tapu Lele, but needed an Item? Tapu into Skyla into the Item you need. Topdeck Ultra Ball and you need a Choice Band to get the last knockout you need? Ultra into Lele into Skyla into Choice Band. The possibilities are endless!

Then the last spot is whatever tech you need. Feel free to ask questions about choices. Hope this was useful!

Guess we were, sorry about that! Anyways, I really like this list and would suggest it as a viable option for you @craig_jp, the only thing I would suggest is to add maybe a third Tapu Lele GX if you have it, Brigette, Acerola, and Guzma in replacement of two Heavy Ball, Tapu Fini GX, and a Rainbow Energy (using the original list before your changes @Anthony Mooney). That is what I would do, but either way works. Your list @Anthony Mooney works just as well!

Salazzle seems like a pretty interesting card. Do you have a list that you are playing? And why would you specifically use Garb with it? Seems better in a faster, more turbo oriented deck as to take advantage of Salazzle's First ability, and to earn prizes as soon as possible.

Garb is a late game/long game strategy. The longer Garb is on the field, the more advantage you have gained. This is supplemented by something aggressive because you are covering both sides of the game, hence the use of Drampa and Golisopod. Salazzle seems like a card that also needs to get to late game to start being insane. The Second attack is fine, but the damage output is outclassed by easier to use cards with more utility.

Actually, Salazzle could replace Garb in one of these variants due to how good it is late game, similar to how great Trashalanche gets better over time. The first thing I can think of is Drampa. Maybe 3 Drampa with a 2-2 Salazzle line. Or a 3-2 line, whichever you feel comfortable with. I am not too sure what kind of fire support there is in the format, but if there are any Fire specific Items or Supporters then it is definitely worth considering. Kinda want to brew something up for Drampa/Salazzle...

Back