Discussion Garbodor Partners

Hippydude

Aspiring Trainer
hey guys I'm working on something garbodor oriented for states and I'm trying to find an attacker for him. So far the only things ive seen for partners is lucario ex and garchomp. I'm currently trying out regice hammers with it but I'm not sure I really like it. So what do you guys think would be a good partner for garbodor?

Giratina might be a good idea, unless you're up against Mega decks. Though if you are against Mega decks, you could just not play down Garbodor.

I tried Mega Mewtwo/Yveltal/Garbodor at a Cities and did okay with that, though it was a bit clunky. Seismitoad/Garb is an obvious good choice, but you'd need to find some way around the lack of damage. Maybe Bursting Balloon?

Though that said, I bet Yveltal/Garb might be decent too.

I like MegaMan Garb because you can Turbo Bolt, take damage, then retreat and Rough Seas. Garb blocks Shaymin recoveries, Giratina, and Bats and Hypno.

I think Night March could be a good choice. You can shut off Greninjas, Bats, and Milotics (Probably not big, but eh). Now you do not need your own Milotic, either.

I like MegaMan Garb because you can Turbo Bolt, take damage, then retreat and Rough Seas. Garb blocks Shaymin recoveries, Giratina, and Bats and Hypno.
Or you could just use normal manectric and head ringers to hit for big numbers for cheap energy. You could call the deck the Garbage man! (Trash man for any recent X files fans :D)

I'm checking M houndoom with it currently with the entei/Charizard draw engine. Though atm it's feeling pretty forced with garbodor in it

I tend to run Garbodor with other no-Ability, low energy required, attacking Pokemon. For example, have you also considered Pokemon like Manectric EX, Sceptile EX, Seismitoad EX, etc.?

I've heard Vespiquen is a good partner. If you don't need it, just throw it away so it does more damage.

When XY sets were fairly new I played Yveltal EX / Seismitoad EX / Garbodor for regionals in California, it was my first major tournament and I place in the top 40 out ~300 masters. Its a great deck, that has a lot more versatility now, and it is definitely a deck to be looked at again for Standard this season.

When XY sets were fairly new I played Yveltal EX / Seismitoad EX / Garbodor for regionals in California, it was my first major tournament and I place in the top 40 out ~300 masters. Its a great deck, that has a lot more versatility now, and it is definitely a deck to be looked at again for Standard this season.
That, like many other good decks pretty much auto-losses to a lone Jolteon-EX. I really dislike how much that card is effecting the metagame right now.

That, like many other good decks pretty much auto-losses to a lone Jolteon-EX. I really dislike how much that card is effecting the metagame right now.
An easy way to fix that is to include Gallade. Solves the problem right quick. And also helps matchups against other Electric decks as well. Ultimately it just truly depends on the meta the deck is going to be played in.

Back