Gamestop Groudon Promo, 'Trade & Play' Events Now Held at Gamestop with New Freebies!

I wonder if its a disgruntled Gamestop employee. When you have no choice but to work at Gamestop you stoop to lows you never thought you would just to get by.

If this event is happening (randomly) at Gamestop, you'd still think there'd be more than 1 listed. There were multiple Groudon listed the day that promo started, so you'd think a promo people were getting for free would be all over ebay. They certainly were with the TRU events. Within a couple of hours of the event starting there were plenty listed. This is...odd.

I figure they will be widely available once the Canadian TRUs wrap up their events, just like with the Fennekin promo. Unsurprisingly, no one is biting at $15 plus shipping on that one Treecko.

There was only 1 gamestop in my county that had the Trade and Play, they did it both Saturday and Sunday so we were able to get a few of the Treeko cards.
To the person asking about the Build and Battle boxes they will be out on the 17th, gamestop gets them in 2 weeks after a set is released(my husband is friends with a few people that work at our local gamestop so he's been able to find out more information) and some of them allow you to Pre-order a booster box online before a set is released and you receive it the day the set is released in store.

This has just been the weirdest. I still don't understand the dearth of eBay listings (and the stupid high price) given when and where this, at a minimum, took place (TRU Canada). Compared to how the old TRU events went, this has been a absolute train wreck.

I went to a GameStop which is like an hour away from where I live and they had the Treecko cards on the counter and you would just ask for one.

I went to 3 Gamestop in Maryland and none of them have it. Seems like people in the west coast is having better luck finding this Treecko promo. Card looks nice and would have loved to get my hands on one. Thinking about just getting one for $15 on ebay and of course, all the ones on ebay are from Canada.

i finally got to the ft wayne GSs, picked up a couple game codes and groudon promos for free. they said the didnt have events this weekend.

Do you think Pokemon Co will give these out at Leagues or something like that, or the release is done and it will become kind of a limited item?

So do they have boxes of unshipped Treecko's somewhere in the warehouse because Toys R Us went out of business in the US? LOL

Well, no (or maybe) this is the thing. TRU US has been dead for a while now. TRU Canada continued on and did an event as usual for Forbidden Light, but that's when they stopped being stamped "Toys R Us" and started getting stamped with the set name. So now this continues on in Canada and GameStop was supposed to pick up the torch for TRU US. They seem to have failed pretty hard in that regard. So more likely there are a bunch of GameStops out there sitting on a bunch of Treecko cards with no idea what they are supposed to do with them.

Back