Ruling Gallade's "Powerful Storm" Attack with Gardevoir

SheNinja

Aspiring Trainer
Gardevoir
Gallade

Regarding Gallade's "Powerful Storm" attack:

If Gallade had 2 Psychic Energy attached to it and Gardevoir was in play (Garbodor was not in play), would "Powerful Storm" do 80 damage or would it do 40?

My guess would be that it does 40, because it says "...amount of Energy attached to all of your Pokemon.", and providing 2 Psychic Energy is not the same as having 2 Psychic Energy attached.

If Gallade had 2 Psychic Energy on it, Gallade's Powerful Storm attack would do 80 because Gardevoir's Psychic Mirage 1 Psychic Energy count as 2.

That's what I thought at first, but I am asking because it says "energy attached", not "energy".

EDIT: Sorry, just found this:

Compendium said:
Q. If I have a Double Colorless Energy attached to Tangrowth, will its "Grind" attack do an extra 20 or 40 damage for that energy card?
A. It will do an extra 40 damage. Grind looks at the total amount of energy attached, not energy cards. (Call of Legends FAQ; Feb 10, 2011 PUI Rules Team)

I believe what you're thinking of is "Energy attached" versus "Energy cards attached".

and providing 2 Psychic Energy is not the same as having 2 Psychic Energy attached.
Yes it is. A Basic Psychic Energy card is attached to your Pokemon, and provides 2 units of Psychic Energy (when under the Psycho Mirage conditions).

Back