• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Gallade/Octillery

FrostBiter12

Upcoming Worlds Competitor!
I was looking for a good one-prize attacker based deck and I came across Gallade/Octillery. With the recent release of Zoroark GX and Raichu GX, I expect people to be playing both the moment they are legal for tournaments. So, the easiest counter for the deck also happens to be what I was looking for. Here is my list.

Pokémon*19

Ralts*4 BKT
Kirlia*3 BKT
Gallade*4 BKT
Remoraid*2 BKT
Octillery*2 BKT
Tapu Koko*1 PR
Tapu Lele GX*2 GRI
Turtonator GX*1 GRI

Trainer*37

Professor Sycamore*4 BKP
N*3 FCO
Guzma*3 BUS
Professor Kukui*4 SUM
Brigette*1 BKT
Ultra Ball*4 SUM
Rare Candy*4 PRC
Field Blower*2 GRI
Rescue Stretcher*3 GRI
Special Charge*2 STS
Choice Band*4 GRI
Float Stone*2 BKT
Parallel City*1 BKT

Energy*4

Double Colorless Energy*4 SUM

The strategy is simple. Set up as many Gallade as you can, using the ability Premonition (Once during your turn (before your attack), you may look at the top 5 cards in your deck and put them back on top of your deck in any order) along with Octillery's Abyssel Hand (Once during your turn (before your attack), you may draw cards until you have 5 cards in your hand. ) to draw cards you need to keep streaming Gallades. After set up, Gallade must begin using Sensitive Blade: 60 damage (If you played any Supporter card from your hand during your turn, this attack does an additional 70 damage.) to keep the prize trade in you favor.

The most quirky part of this list is the Prof. Kukui. Even though four copies may be a bit excessive, they have proven very useful in recent tests to hit that 180 HP along with a Choice Band. Consistency is key, so playing an even amount of everything is crucial. The only techs I play are Turtonator GX (to help against Metagross GX), Tapu Koko (to help set up knockouts or take prizes on weakened Pokémon), and Parallel City (to remove any unnecessary benched Pokémon that may prove a set back {Tapu Lele GX, weakened Turtonator GX, etc.}).

The only bad match ups for Gallade are Garbodor and Metagross GX.

Metagross GX crushes Gallade with the exact math on the 150 HP knockout proving to be a threat. My best solution at the moment is Turtonator GX, but it isn't as useful as I need it to be. Any other suggestions against Metagross would be great!

Garbodor is also really rough, with ability lock and weakness to psychic, Gallade is pressured a lot early game. Turtonator GX and Tapu Koko are worthy attackers until Gallade is needed to take a crucial K.O. Not as bad as Metagross, but definitely a worthy opponent.

Let me know what you think and any suggestions along the way. Thanks!

Back