• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Full Metal Rayquaza (M Rayquaza EX / Bronzong)

Snyder005

Aspiring Trainer
Pokemon: 20
  • 4 Rayquaza EX
  • 3 M-Rayquaza EX
  • 4 Shaymin EX
  • 4 Bronzor
  • 3 Bronzong
  • 1 Cobalion EX
  • 1 Exeggcute
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums: 30
  • 4 Professor Juniper
  • 1 Colress
  • 1 AZ
  • 1 Lysandre
  • 1 Lysandre's Trump Card
  • 1 Switch
  • 1 Escape Rope
  • 1 Computer Search
  • 4 Ultra Ball
  • 3 Rayquaza Spirit Link
  • 2 Acro Bike
  • 3 VS Seeker
  • 3 Battle Compressor
  • 4 Skyfield
Energy: 10
  • 4 DCE
  • 6 Metal Energy
Strategy:

Strategy is your basic speed Rayquaza strategy aiming to swarm the field to power up a big Emerald Break by using Shaymin to draw through the deck. However instead of putting in techs to specific Pokemon, I decided to shape the Pokemon line to counter an entire counter-strategy, energy denial. The Bronzongs will let me keep Energy in play, and allow me to quickly power up a 2nd and 3rd M-Rayquaza. Cobalion EX is my Safeguard counter (and in a tight spot the Bronzongs can be useful), and has a built in Xerosic on opposing Toads.

Last edited:
Hi Snyder005,

Nice deck. Consider these modifications:

- 1 Bronzor (three are sufficient)
- 1 Bronzong (see above)
- 1 Eggs (not needed in this built)

+ 1 Cobalion Ex (he is a nice safeguard counter and has less retreat than Aegislash)

- 1 N (Colress is better in this built)

+ 2 Colress (nice draw with Skyfield)
+ 1 Vs Seeker (three allow you to discard one early on)

The rest looks fine to me. Hope this provides some assistance. Please let me know how this deck works out for you.

Made some updates. Not entirely sold on Colress vs. N. A 3-3 Bronzong line was not sufficient, so I went with 4-3. This is usually the ratio in successful Metal decks, helps fuel M-Rayquaza, and lets me set and forget Bronzors to be evolved later. This let me fit in the 3rd VS Seeker. I kept the Eggs, since they synergize well with M-Rayquaza EX and the Battle Compressors I already run to discard Energy and Supporters.

In my testing against my Gallade-EX deck, the biggest impediment is the opponent stalling by using Lysandre to pull out a Bronzong. I might test dropping the Eggs for Keldeo EX and trying to fit in some Float Stone.

Back