• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Full Blitz! (Pikachu & Zekrom -GX)

ace-astra

Wayfarer
Pokemon (11):
2 Pikachu & Zekrom -GX
1 Jirachi (Stellar wish)
2 Jolteon GX
1 Tapu Koko Prism Star
2 Eevee
1 Tapu lele GX

Trainers(38):
1 Thunder Mountain Prism Star
3 Energy switch
4 Electropower
2 Pokemon communication
3 Ultra ball
1 Escape board (for Jirachi)
3 Cynthia
3 Guzma
1 Rescue Strecther
3 Electrocharger
2 Volkner
2 Choice Band
2 Lillie
1 Lisia
3 Erika's hospitality
1 Acerola
4 Switch

Energy(12):
12 Lightning

The idea is to have Jolteon up front and Tapu Koko on the bench, using Ultra balls to discard energy and search out Pikachu & Zekrom or any other Pokemon i need (like zeraora), then use dance of the ancients to charge up Pikachu and Zekrom quickly to hit for big numbers early on. Electropower + Electrocharger will allow me to OHKO stronger Pokemon with full blitz, along with choice band.

Last edited:
Buzzwole is 50/50 for Pikarom. Zapdos should help. Cut the Rays for Zap. And I'd cut the Viridian Forests for Energy Switch

I'd replace 1 Volkner with 1 Lisia - it gets you both Koko and Thunder Mountain so you can start accelerating with Full Blitz as early as T1. For the same reason, 2 or even 3 copies of Nest Ball wouldn't hurt either so you can actually have something to accelerate to. Also, only 3 copies of Cynthia as draw support is very, very low.

I think you're going to have to find some more draw power, for sure. Maybe Sophocles (to discard lightning energy for Tapu Koko)? A fourth Cynthia for sure. Erica's Hospitality, x2 to x4?

Honestly I'm not sure I see Volkner as all that necessary in this deck, either. You've got enough energy in it that if you just have the ability to draw sufficiently you'll do fine.

Does Jirachi buy you enough consistency to justify including it (at 3 Jirachi 3 Escape board)? Something to test. (And, people will be running Alolan Muk probably to counter various things including Jirachi, which isn't something this deck is super good at countering.)

Volkner is vital because it allows me to get electropowers for that extra bit of damage for a OHKO
Sophocles, however, is a good idea since as everyone is saying, draw support is low

-2 escape rope

+ 2 sophocles

Also, I guess I can search out any trainer card I want with Jirachi as I'm running Magcargo, so I guess it's worth it

I agree with @snoopy369 , relying on the Jirachi/Escape Board engine in a deck that's not Zapdos/Jirachi or some sort of Shrine deck is not a good idea, and Alolan Muk will probably find its way to some non-Zoroark decks as well. I'd play more draw supporters instead of the jirachis and boards - the deck should have at least 3 copies of Erika's Hospitality since it seems like it will be a good draw supporter in this meta. I think Magcargo isn't needed either. I'd up the count of Pikarom to 3, since if you start with it and go second you can already attack with Full Blitz if you get Koko and Thunder Mountain with Lisia. Also, at least 1 Lele is needed to get turn 1 Lisia.

Last edited:
Back