Freak out on GG

Mewq

4th Place at swedish nats
Well i had stoped to play pokemon for a year and when i come back then what? The game has been invaded by wimpy litte dolls and thin gardevoir copies!! I know there good but still? isnt it a little to much to say to a total newbie that has come up with something original to change his deck to GG? i think that its rude and that it has to stop !

Oh yeh, G+G is sick and wrong, it has everything in one compact evolution line. At least last year there was a few dominating decks... but this year ALL I see at tournaments is G+G, I was the only 1 at regionals playing something that wasn't it! Hopefully with MD we'll finally get some more decks with the fossils, Eevees and Garchomp as the obvious ones.
Finally, as Mewq said, when a kid is building a deck, don't just come at them saying "play G+G" or "G+G will kill it". If they're in Junior their "metagame" seems to be Empoleon from what I've seen so the comments like that don't even apply. Wish I was in junior... they seem to be less up their ass about what they use >__<

Don't swear. kthx. ~ Amt

There's the format for you, GG and Magmortar. ;)

But, when MD comes out, it might change a little.

Wait a couple of weeks until Majestic Dawn is released.

There will be at least 6 big decks. And rogue will be semi-viable again.

IMO a Rouge Deck is the best deck you can use, cause it has much surprises for your opponent ^^

You wanna know the easiest way to counter G&G? Flygon ex {d}. Psychic Pulse 80 does 160 to those Gardy X's and 110 to Gardy SW, KOing them. Gallade can put up a better fight, but not much. So, I think that Flygon is just PWNage against GG.

Dudeman1993 said:
You wanna know the easiest way to counter G&G? Flygon ex δ. Psychic Pulse 80 does 160 to those Gardy X's and 110 to Gardy SW, KOing them. Gallade can put up a better fight, but not much. So, I think that Flygon is just PWNage against GG.

Flygon EX can't stand up to GG. You bring up a flygon EX, I'm going to sonic blade you down to 50 immediately, and push you back onto the bench. You'll have enough time to maybe take out one of my guys, but I'll be picking off two prizes from you next turn. Not a good trade at all.

You know, all i'm sayin' is people who play G&G are the noobs!!! i mean if you have to play a deck because everyone else plays it and its "good" then your not very creative and you are dragging down the world of the Pokemon TCG... arch type decks are for the people who can't think for themselves. i know this was blunt but if you are a arch type player you better step back and look at yourself and say why do i even play pokemon??? its about fun and creativity not hum drum arch type after arch type.... the long and the short of it is MAKE YOUR OWN FREAKIN DECK IDEAS!!!!

Evolve the TCG don't cut out the creativity!!!

Some argue that playing a rogue deck requires more skill than playing a deck that has already proved itself (or what we like to call "archetypes/metagame decks" )
In fact, this is partially true. However, if a deck proves to be good enough, people will start to copy, modify and improve it. In this case, the rogue deck will grow out to be an archetype deck. For example: if Banette didn't have the huge trouble with healing/tank decks like Magmortar, it might have been one of the leaders of the format like G&G and Mortar are now. But yeah, some Pokes just don't fit the format they landed it, which results in them being called rogues. This is something all decks went through. Among all decks, some become popular and some become not.
Then again, I'll always be a rogue player. I don't care how many times certain ideas have proved to fail, I still like to try them myself and check out how they work.

snowblind23 said:
You know, all I'm sayin' is people who play G&G are the noobs!! I mean if you have to play a deck because everyone else plays it and its "good" then your not very creative and you are dragging down the world of the Pokemon TCG... arch type decks are for the people who can't think for themselves. I know this was blunt but if you are a arch type player you better step back and look at yourself and say why do I even play pokemon?? its about fun and creativity not hum drum arch type after arch type.... the long and the short of it is MAKE YOUR OWN FREAKIN DECK IDEAS!!

Evolve the TCG don't cut out the creativity!!

Trouble is the way the TCG is right now is only allowing one big archetype to dominate. So we don't have much choice either. Even worse, they're from the same evolution line...

True, it takes more skill to play rogue but most rogue decks just don't live their expectations. Then blissvire and GG dominated, magmortar was considered rogue, believe it or not. It got 4th place in my local tourney and it beat me. So everyone copied it and now you have it, a new archetype.

In a nutshell,

Rogue deck=something new and unexpected
Archetype deck=expected cards to dominate
Good rogue decks=Archetypes in a week

snowblind23 said:
You know, all I'm sayin' is people who play G&G are the noobs!! I mean if you have to play a deck because everyone else plays it and its "good" then your not very creative and you are dragging down the world of the Pokemon TCG... arch type decks are for the people who can't think for themselves. I know this was blunt but if you are a arch type player you better step back and look at yourself and say why do I even play pokemon?? its about fun and creativity not hum drum arch type after arch type.... the long and the short of it is MAKE YOUR OWN FREAKIN DECK IDEAS!!

Evolve the TCG don't cut out the creativity!!

Dude, chill out. Just because one plays G&G doesn't mean he is a n00b, and G&G itself is a bit hard to use, heck G&G is harder to use than magmortar. I ask you, could YOU make a deck so powerful that can beat G&G, magmortar, flydonEX delta, Mario, Empoleon and all those decks? I bet my soul you can't! True G&G and magmortar are the only seen ones all around but it still takes skill to use G&G or any deck out there so even if a n00b uses a G&G he can't be a sure national champion because he has a G&G. He may have a powerful deck but can he use it properly? The thing with rouges is yes, they are fun as i use a couple on occasions but, they sometimes fail to the stronger decks, and we pay entrance fees to win, so as TSS said, you don't have a choice, it's PUSA's business so we should suck it up because you can't call someone a n00b just because he has a G&G.

PS: I speak based on experience as i used to hate G&G so much and i just learned to live with it because whining will never get me anywhere

snowblind23 said:
You know, all I'm sayin' is people who play G&G are the noobs!!

LOLOLOLOL

Says YOU of all people.

LOL

Most good players in the game play GG and I dont see you ranked high at all either

pichu bros. rox said:
snowblind23 said:
You know, all I'm sayin' is people who play G&G are the noobs!!

LOLOLOLOL

Says YOU of all people.

LOL

Most good players in the game play GG and I don't see you ranked high at all either

Some people also don't play in every tournament. Some of us judge.

Wow and I thought this game had a lot of freedoms other TCG's did not. That is why I came to Pokemon, to get away from TCG's where only 1 deck owned...I guess I was wrong and all TCG's are really the same...Cash Cows. Can't people make a TCG for the love of the game?

^How is Pokémon a cash cow? You don't need expensive cards to build a decent deck, not even rares sometimes. I try to build decks that everyone can build, since I hate searching for this one special card week after week.
In fact, two of the rarest cards around, Cresselia Lv. X and TSD, are hardly worth getting for gameplay purposes. Let alone paying for.
I admit that G&G is a quite expensive deck for Pokemon terms (like, 100 dollars), but next to it stands Magmortar, a relatively cheap deck. Also, Banette is the famous G&G counter and is one of the cheapest decks around atm (it took me about 20 dollars, merely the traveling costs to build my own version of it. Then again, I trade all my cards).

Back