Found Some Great Cards for Cheap Today

PokeDan23

Pokemon Fan Since 1999
So, my friend and I found some great deals on cards today from a store in southwestern Ontario. We got the following cards for the prices listed:
  • Luxray GL Lv.X - $3
  • Infernape Lv.X (DP) - $3
  • Gliscor Lv.X - $3
  • The rest of the rares ranged from $0.50 - $1.50 each
In total we spent $23 on all the rares! Images of them can be found below:

IMG_0401.jpg

IMG_0395.jpg
IMG_0393.jpg
IMG_0391.jpg
IMG_0397.jpg

*You can see from one of the images that we found an error Vaporeon card from Jungle set (it's missing the set symbol)*

^Congrats on the gets.
If I was allowed to do trading, I'd trade for the Vaporeon, Jolteon & Voltorb (the one in the 1st photo).

You. Are. So. Lucky! I wish I had a local store that sold Luxray X's for 3$.

A Luxray GL Lv.X for THREE DOLLARS!!!!!! Can I buy it off of you for four? (At least you're making a profit...)

Just kidding. Anyway, that's amazing. Those are some great finds.

EDIT: Now that I think about it, I had a dream that I bought a whole bunch of Luxray GL Lv.X's for $2.50 each. They were in bins and the store was run by Willy Wonka. Weird, huh?

I need a second opinion. Does the colorless energy look small and off-center to you?

Those are legit! Awesome AWESOME finds, I wish I had a local card shop like that, or a card shop anywhere in my city...

These look pretty real. But that's absolutely ridiculous. You could've gotten about 20 of those Luxray GL LV.X for the usual price of one... wow. Just wow.

bad troll is bad he just put them in a sleeve with the $3 sticker.No way in hell anyone would sell Luxray GL LV.X for $3 unless it was a beat up WC version

arapokemaster is probably right. No card shop or company would ever sell a luxray X for that little. They run a buisness, not a givaway. They did their research and thus they sell their cards accordingly.

There is no way in heck that he actually bought a legit Luxray GL Lv X for only $3 dollars. Nope.

Even after rotations, luxray will still be worth $15+.

Okay, first, why would he go to all that work just to fool us? It doesn't make sense.

Second, you said yourself, shadoworganoid, that people insult things that they can't have.

shadoworganoid said:
I've learned that people tend to insult things they cannot have or do.
So maybe you're jealous of a $3 Luxray GL Lv.X? I'd be, too, (and I am :3 )but I wouldn't doubt.

I can't believe the store didn't bother to just type their names into ebay. Great finds though!

Decamaster: Not fair. I said that for a different topic. Plus, even if that is true, (which it very well likely is...) this is most likely a fact.

Dont you find it very unlikely that a Luxray GL Lv X could be found for only $3 dollars? I mean really.

People do all kinds of things to look cool or stand out. Its not too farfetched.

shadoworganoid said:
No card shop or company would ever sell a luxray X for that little. They run a buisness, not a givaway. They did their research and thus they sell their cards accordingly.
You're right. Mostly. But not always. I found a card shop (not so local, but no more than 40 minutes away) that sold me a Base Set Charizard for $15. And, I heard (they were all sold out when I got there) that they sold 1st Edition Base Set Charizards for $25 (or was it $35?). Plus, they sold sealed 1st Edition Jungle packs for $2.99 apiece (I bought 15 =P)

So, the point of all this is that they most always do their research, but not always.

And yes, it is unlikely that a Luxray GL Lv.X was found for $3, but again, not impossible.

Me league sells base 1st Ed. Jungles for $3 also. They also sell base set packs, sadly not first edition.

There is a big difference between selling a booster for the original price and selling a popular card cheap.

Back