Forum Rules

Shining Raikou

Your friendly neighborhood Raikou fan!
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Just a notice that the forum rules are receiving a major update. If you have any specific concerns about anything rule or policy wise for the forum, please PM me or schedule a meeting via IM/Skype with me. I would like to hear what you have to say.

Thank you!

Non Sequitur said:
I assume this means moderation will not be as strict? If so, then this is what Pokebeach needs. Welcome change.

If I briefly skim over the portal post, I see no sentence that answers your question pertaining moderation strictness.

What has changed specifically? I read through and didn't notice anything different.

It hasn't been updated yet.

Non Sequitur said:
I assume this means moderation will not be as strict? If so, then this is what Pokebeach needs. Welcome change.
The rules themself are not too strict, but some moderators need to be less enthusiastic about issuing warnings for the most ridiculous reasons.

Well, rules should always be a bit stricter than actual execution. This gives staff the ability to be laid back when appropriate, but still hold people accountable when necessary.

A few of the rules are a bit outdated with current culture, so I am looking forward to this change.

And someone seriously needs to take my advice about the chat. I've been lobbying for such a change for years now, and have step-by-step instructions on how to make it happen.

Done.

Teal said:
What about the chat?

Chat is generally really lax. Granted it isn't anything goes; pretty much the only things that aren't allowed is inappropriate content, continuous language, harassing other members...you get the gist.

DNA said:
Chat is generally really lax. Granted it isn't anything goes; pretty much the only things that aren't allowed is inappropriate content, continuous language, harassing other members...you get the gist.

i do all of these things and the only thing i ever get kicked for is saying "yolo"

6-Dimension said:
i do all of these things and the only thing i ever get kicked for is saying "yolo"

Why would you get kicked for saying yolo? That doesn't even make sense.

On to the actual topic, I'm really glad to see SR helping with this. It's great to see something being done about warnings being given willy-nilly as if it's funny to do that type of thing. It's not like the police system. You don't need to fill out quotas.

Meatheart said:
6-Dimension said:

It's great to see something being done about warnings being given willy-nilly

They were not being "given willy-nilly", it comes down to interpretation, and opinion. If you have a question about a received warning talk it over with the issuer.

DNA said:
Teal said:
What about the chat?
Oh, I meant this:
Jay said:
And someone seriously needs to take my advice about the chat. I've been lobbying for such a change for years now, and have step-by-step instructions on how to make it happen.

The chat will be addressed after we work out some forum things. Sorry to kind of keep you in the dark but I do need to test a few things over the next day or two before I shutdown the forums for an update. If my testing works out well I might have a solution.

Back