Forum Games Resources & General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: Game Suggestions & General Discussion

We have seen the submission thread and have been working on the feedback. You'll receive a reply with the feedback soon! I did not receive a PM from you about it, however.

Is it possible to only remove the function to delete posts in werewolf threads or other games which require no deleting? Just because it can be a nuisance in other threads like I just accidentally demonstrated in the Kingdoms thread! >_<

If not then it's no big deal, I was just wondering.

The setting is only there for the forum, not for threads, sadly. I'll delete your other post.

RE: Forum Game Resources & General Discussion

Updated this thread to include links to the Werewolf Master Document, as well as the new RPG Master Document. If we ever make more Master Docs or other FG resources, they will be included in the OP. I (or another FG mod) will make a post in this thread when I (or they) add something to the OP.

Is anyone else (besides Turtwig) thinking about making any RPGs? It seems that RPGs have died since 2011, I think we should be reviving them. I'm free to help any player who is making any RPGs BTW.

bbninjas said:
Is anyone else (besides Turtwig) thinking about making any RPGs? It seems that RPGs have died since 2011, I think we should be reviving them. I'm free to help any player who is making any RPGs BTW.

I'll be running an RPG once I finish Fog Of War, but that won't be for a while.
It's going to be very Dungeons & Dragons-like, most likely falling under the Interactive Story category as defined in the RPG Master Document.
It would also:
- Give each player an individual character to control, level up/grow/evolve, and play as.
- Be Player VS Enemy, as opposed to the majority of current similar forum games that are Player VS Player
- Be Pokemon-themed, with player characters being Pokemon.
- Be visually interesting. A lot of RPGs are text-only, with the only imagery being the banners promoting the game. While that's perfectly fine, I don't find that type of thing very exciting. So, I'm not being text-only. I hope you guys like my artworks~

This is just a reminder to say that applications to host the sixth season of 'The Challenge' are still open. As it has been a while since applications were opened we are asking people who have applied to host it already to confirm that they are still interested in hosting it. If you would like to host The Challenge 6, PM [mod]Ice Espeon[/mod], [smod]Drohn[/smod], [mod]Machamp The Champion[/mod] or [mod]BigfootAUS[/mod] your application. Here's what you'll need to PM us:
  • The number of players and teams your game will have.
  • Any initial plot/theme your game has (such as the Arceus/Dialga/Palkia/Giratina story PG24 used in his game).
  • Any other important information about the game that is public to the players.
We encourage potential applicants to have a co-host, but we do not require it.

Since we recently requested applications for The Challenge 6, there are no new applications currently on the table, nor have either of our previous 2 applicants re-confirmed their interest in hosting.

This means we're still looking for more applicantions! There's no competition right now, so don't be afraid to give it a shot. :)

RE: Forum Games Resources & General Discussion | Looking for Hosts for The Challenge 6

A guide on how to make forum games has just been released! This should help demonstrate what it takes to make a game and get it approved here in Forum Games, and help you make the best game you can!

You can read the guide here.

RE: Forum Games Resources & General Discussion | Looking for Hosts for The Challenge 6

Great idea Bigfoot!

I'm still trying to decide if I should have a co-host for any future WW game. Why do you guys think WW hosts need a cohost?

Co-hosts help you ease in to hosting a complex game like Werewolf by splitting your hosting workload. You can also rely on a co-host as a "backup-host" for when you aren't available on the forums, allowing your game to continue regardless of whether or not you're able to manage it all the time due to IRL commitments or emergencies.

bbninjas said:
Why do you guys think WW hosts need a cohost?

In addition to what Bigfoot said, you can look at TwistedTurtwig's Werewolf XX(in the WW Master Document), which got abandoned(TT was nowhere to be found, IIRC) and the game was never finished. If he had a co-host, he/she could have taken care of the game and it wouldn't have been cancelled.

Luispipe8 said:
bbninjas said:
Why do you guys think WW hosts need a cohost?

In addition to what Bigfoot said, you can look at TwistedTurtwig's Werewolf XX(in the WW Master Document), which got abandoned(TT was nowhere to be found, IIRC) and the game was never finished. If he had a co-host, he/she could have taken care of the game and it wouldn't have been cancelled.

Exactly. Don't make the same mistake I did, guys: co-hosts are definitely the way to go with bigger, more extensive games. Also I think I may regret not finishing Seleno City for the rest of my life lol

While I'm not a huge fan of co-hosts for Werewolf games I strongly recommend having one for The Challenge. DNA and I co-hosted The Challenge 3 and coming up with challenge ideas was hard enough - I couldn't imagine doing it on my own.

hey guys, i can run the challenge :^)

(kek)

speaking from experience, require a co-host on board for season six. it's a pain having to come up with stuff on your own as theguy pointed out. plus, it prevents having to deal with an ass like me when the unexpected happens.

Awww. I thought both of you (James and TT) did a great job as hosts. Life isn't always predictable, so I do agree some back-up can give a sense of security and be of great help if needed. We read before that many members didn't want back-up hosts or co-hosts to be a requirement, so we won't force it. We do recommend it (especially for longer games), however. Preparing back-up also shows traits of responsibility, which is important when people depend on you.

I can co-host the next Challenge, but there will be times in this and next year that I'll be away from home meaning that my internet access will be a bit restricted. It should be an interesting experience for me, partly because it means I'd still be involved but I don't have to constantly put effort into doing challenges.

I mentioned this in the Challenge 5 thread but I may as well mention it here too that I would be happy to act as back-up for a hopeful Challenge host. I would prefer to not start off as a full co-host, but if you'd like someone reliable to have down on your team as a back-up in case of shenanigans, feel free to toss me a line.

When hosting a game, remember to change the tag to match what part of the game you are in. This can be done by editing the original post in the full edit menu.

This also serves as a note to say that we still have not had any applications to host the sixth season of The Challenge, so there is still no competition if you want to apply! :)

Ice Espeon said:
When hosting a game, remember to change the tag to match what part of the game you are in. This can be done by editing the original post in the full edit menu.

This also serves as a note to say that we still have not had any applications to host the sixth season of The Challenge, so there is still no competition if you want to apply! :)

Are you looking at me? :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back