Forretress Emboar takes first place!!! 8D

sillykyle

boop
Hey guys, this tourney report won't be as detailed as my previous one, but hopefully you'll still enjoy it.

So for Spring BR's I decided to play Forretress Emboar (otherwise known as BOOM). Many people doubted it, but I played it anyway.

My list: Sorry guys, It's a secret. ;D

Before the tourney: So I wake up at like 6:30, get ready to go, and then waste an hour and a half of my life until it's time to go. When we get to the tourney, we find out that there's 16 seniors (just enough for top 4!). I get my deck ready to go and wait for the pairings.

Round 1 vs Joe with Luxchomp:

I slow him down with Spiritomb while setting up. I get the win like turn 3.

1-0

Round 2 vs *insert name of person I played in round 2 here* with Reshiboar:

He has trouble getting out Emboar due to trainer lock, and I manage to set up but not too well. Fortunately, I get a bunch of tails with Iron Shell and I'm able to finish his Reshiram off with Heat Crash.

2-0

Round 3 vs Nathaniel with Sabelock:

I start lone Spiritomb. He starts Sableye and has Crobat G, Pokemon Collector and SP. dark in his hand. :/

2-1

Round 4 vs Thomas with Zekrom:

I know I need to win to make top cut. Unfortunately, my deck decides that this is the perfect time to give me the following hand: x1 Pineco, x1 SSU, x5 Fire Energy. I get T2'd.

2-2

So I didn't make top cut. Oh well. At least I had fun. ;D

Pros:

BOOM being the funnest deck ever.
Kiko winning in seniors.
Paz getting second in seniors.
Azul getting second in masters.
Sabledonk not winning.
Pulling some decent stuff out of a few packs I bought.
Tricking you all into thinking I got first. ;D

Cons:

Afro-G not being there.
Not making top cut.
Getting a horrid starting hand in round 4.
Getting donked in round 3.

-sillykyle!

It did win a BR though. Ah, sillykyle!, you're amazing talent to linking people to rickrolls and threads such as these never cease to surprise me.

I love Kaboom; it's one of the most innovative OTK decklists ever, and it's amazing for it. It's like a super gimmick deck.
Although it is a shame that you did not get topcut, at least you had fun playing Kaboom, I assume. (Which probably made the day worthwhile.)

Kaboom is an awful name. We call it Yahtzee! here in Chatt Town.

I about went insane when I thought you had won with it.

^What's the reasoning behind the name Yahtzee!, may I ask? Or is it just one of those funny names you give a deck to make the name stick?

Probably because Yahtzee involves rolling a ton of dice. I also used to have a cat named Yahtzee... :(

I still stand by Kaboom, mostly because I wrote that 6p article. Anyway, it's a very VERY fun deck, and in the currently busted metagame, definitely tier 1, because it's much more difficult to scrub away than sabledonk.

Tyraniking said:
150 HP wall, 80 damage to finish things off?

Exactly. What if they have a T-Tar or something? Simple. Clear the field aside from T-Tar and then KO it with Heat Crash. Besides, what am I supposed to bring up, Forretress?

-sillykyle!

When I played this deck, sometimes I'd bring up an Uxie if I had a feeling I couldn't win this turn.

Tyraniking said:
When I played this deck, sometimes I'd bring up an Uxie if I had a feeling I couldn't win this turn.

Well, you really have to be careful with this deck. You have to do all the damage in one turn or you lose. So, if you don't think you can win, don't retreat Spiritomb. =p

-sillykyle!

Back