• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Alt. Format For Fun Shiftry FLF deck (XY-STS)

Rippin717

Aspiring Trainer
I made this deck for an upcoming tournament I'll be part of. The rule for deckbuilding is we are only allowed to use Grass and Fairy types, all trainers and energy are allowed. I chose Shiftry as my first choice over other decks like Serperior and M-Gardevoir because of its Leaf Draw ability. I would like to take any suggestions to make this as consistent as possible, I already have it to the point where I can attack with Shiftry by turn 3 ~70% of my games. So here's the list.

Pokemon:18
4-4-4 Shiftry FLF
1-1 M-Sceptile EX (just here as a backup attacker)
3 Foongus STS (bench filler and great ability, imo)
1 Klefki STS (need at least 1 fairy type in the deck, counters M-Sceptile)

Trainers:33
3 Sycamore
4 N/Birch
1 Fisherman
1 Skyla

4 VS Seeker
3 Acro Bike/Trainer's Mail (undecided on which is better)
2 Battle Compressor
2 Captivating Poké Puff
2 Revitalizer
3 Poké ball
1 Prof. Letter
1 Sacred Ash
1 Sceptile Spirit Link

4 Skyfield
1 Forest of Giant Plants

Energy:9
5 Grass
4 DCE

The first thing I should explain is the stadium split, I chose to focus on Skyfield as my main stadium to take advantage of Shiftry's attack but I also wanted to be able to use Leaf Draw on my first turn with FoGP. I also can assume that most everyone at the tournament will be playing some sort of grass deck as well, which means that most will play FoGP for me, then I can play Skyfield when I'm setup. If I'm going first, I have Skyla in there to search it out for me.

I'd like any suggestions for a backup attacker, I've looked at most options but none of them really appeal to me, I'd really like a basic attacker that doesn't need more than 2 energy to attack since I only have 5 basic energy to work with.

Cards I've considered adding but haven't found room: Special Charge, Puzzle of Time, Town Map, Muscle Band, Rare Candy, Lass' Special, Ninja Boy, Pokémon Ranger.

I'd be happy to answer any questions you have, I've only had 4 days to think about this very limited format but I think I've gotten a good grasp of what to expect 4 days from today.

I'm dropping this deck in favor of a more consistent Serperior deck since no one helped me with this deck and the tournament is tommorow

I recently tried to include Shiftry in my M Sceptile EX list because of the awesome ability, awesome counter attack to M Rayquaza EX, and being an alternative non-EX attacker. Pretty sad therefore that I missed the chance to provide some advice on this deck. I do have one thing to suggest though... what's the deal with dual types in this tournament? If they are allowed, then you could pop a 2-2 of Volcarona STS into whatever deck you want and smash your opponent's for weakness. This would also synergise well with Max Elixir and DCE which I would perhaps recommend if running this Shiftry deck in order to nail that first turn running start!

Dual types weren't allowed because we weren't allowed any other types other than those that were pulled randomly (in this case Grass/Fairy). If an ability caused a pokemon to gain a secondary type, then it would be allowed - but because dual type cards can only be those 2 types, it would be against the rules.

I took Serperior/Virizion and didn't place b/c I got a game loss from evolving w/o Forest of Giant Pants. My friend however took second and I made him a Vespiquen/Pinsir deck.

Back