Flygon's Cities Report :D

Flygon

I'm a girl :F
Wooot, my 2nd cities after years of playing and quitting. :X Slept early and woke at 2am to discuss and playtest with my friend, BM1014. I was staring at my deck wondering what card I was missing, I was sure I'm missing 1 important card.
At around 10am, we left for The Comics Corner at Subang. I reached there at around 10.20am, BM1014 abit earlier :p To my surprise I saw a group of SG players coming specially for this Cities :p

Okay anyways I filled up my decklist and waited for Cities to start. There were 30 Masters, 5 Rounds for us and a Top4 cut. I was playing Kingdra with 4 Crobat Gs btw.

Round 1 - Ujin (Vilegar)
Yay what a nice start to cities, and over half my deck consists of T/S/S. I got an OK start. But since I can't use any trainers, once my bats were down, they'll be stuck on the bench unless my opponent knocks it out or a Seeker comes out. ): Can't remember the game much, but I knew I took my last prize by playing a Seeker, he only has 1 choice, his benched Vileplum, then I took a bat up, played it + 2 Poketurn, attached a Belt to my active Kingdra and KO his Gengar ftw :D
1-0
BM1014 lost to Gyarados :D He was playing Charizard.

Round 2 - Ze Nian (Vilegar)
Yay another Vilegar, still no trainers for me then. Can't remember much also, but I gave a few free turns as I couldn't do anything after he Giratina - Let Loose me. =/ He took some prizess, after a couple thousand years, I finally got to setup a Kingdra or 2 and started whacking his Pokes. We were down to 1-1 prize left, I KOed his Gengar, and he flipped heads for Fainting Spell. =.= So we had to play another game, 1st prize wins. Oh well.

We shuffled and drawed. I got a bat start == Him with Oddish I think. I think I went 1st and passed. He collectored for Unown Q, Spiritomb and Ghastly I think, attached energy to Ghastly, retreated Oddish and Darkness Graced. My turn, I was thinking about what to Collector for, then it occured to me, I could kill him if I drawed into an energy, so I took 2 bats and an Uxie, dropped the bats and another 1 from my hand, and Set up-ed hoping for an energy or that's it for me. Luckily the 3rd card I drew was an energy :D Showed it to him and it was gg.
Good game ze nian :p
2-0
BM1014 lost again to Machamp I think. 0-2 for him :p

Some time in Round 2, I tried to Cyrus for a Palmer then I realised thats the card I've been trying to think of =_= GREAT. Had to survive my Cities without any Palmer in my deck. Good job @@. This added to my stress as I need to becareful of what goes into the discard pile =_=

Mae extended lunch time to 1.30, so we had 1hour to find food and come back. Me and BM1014 decided to eat McD, but we had no idea where it was, so we walked around and asked for directions 4 times =.= Still couldn't find it, then we saw KFC so we decided to just eat there. On the way back, we saw McD. -.- ughh.
Back to the Comics Corner, I was actually quite surprised I could go 2-0, and I'm sure the next match was gonna be hard.
Sure it was, I was playing with JitHow. ==

Round 3 - JitHow (Luxchomp)
Great. I didin't play my LuxChomp tech or things might have turned out differently ):
I started with a Horsea, him with Bronzong. I did nothing. He got a Luxray out, belted it and just whacked everything of mine. Aaaaaaah D:
2-1

Round 4 - YeeWei (Vilegar)
-.- I managed to take 2 prizes anyway.
2-2

Round 5 - Can't remember name (Donphan/Crobat)
My start wasn't too good, so I tried to buy some time with Chatot locking his active Spiritomb. He setup 3 fat Donphans on the bench @_@ After I finally got a Kingdra out, I retreated Chatot and KOed his Tomb. After that it was pretty much all 1HitKo as Donphan is weak to water 2x. If damage wasn't enough I would just drop some bats/poke turns to finish it off :p
Btw, he flipped 4-5 tails in a row for Reversals and SSUs. Sad guy :x
3-2

I checked the results and figured I could most problaly Top8 as my opponents went 3-1, 2-2, 3-1, 3-1 and 2-2. Hehehe.
Finally after the last pair finished their match, standings were out. Sure enough, I was #7 :D
Happyyyyyyy! :D 1st Cities in Masters and I'm #7. Wheee
BM1014 went 2-3 and got 17th placing :x
So took my 2 packs, got a Nidoking and craps ):

Hung around for a bit, played in Mini Tournys where winners get a folder/cap. Sadly didin't win any ):
Bought a Blaziken FB LvX for RM40 and went home soon after.

Overall it was quite a fun day as I didn't think I would make it to Top8. Hehehe.

What proportion of Kingdra Prime and Kingdra LA do you run? 2 of each? Or do you lean more towards one or the other?

I can see that you fought a lot of Vilegar that day; does it really fare that well in your meta that it can hit for very high damage consistently against any deck? Or is your meta a sort of 'anything goes' meta, but it weighs heavily in with Vilegar?

I can see, somewhat, how Kingdra manages to survive, as it can hit for very high damage with only 1 energy, but Dragon Pump can only really snipe if you discard cards. I always see Kingdra LA as another sort of Regigigas, but they work a lot differently (coin flip versus discarding 2 cards each time), but I guess the low energy count is what has kept it going. Almost like Jumpluff.

Also, I didn't know that Malaysia had a sizable Masters population (but I'm guessing the top cut only went up to 4th, then), so it's great to hear you got some actual competition. Props.

I play 2-2 Prime/LA.
My meta is mostly Gyarados, Vilegar and LuxChomp I guess. Haha

And the Top4 were all Gyarados actually.. Haha

Thanks anyways

The Top 4 for Masters were all Gyrados, Top 2 for Seniors was also Gyrados. D:

I can sorta see why. Judging by the looks of your meta Gyarados looks like it would deal the most harm, and have the best record.

Yeah, 2-2 Kingdra ratio is optimal for this deck. Aside from your missing Palmer's I'd say your deck was fine that day. Great job.

Hi Flygon and BM. Remember me ? >:)

Props on doing well in your first tournament in Masters. I'm hoping the number of players keep it at that as long as we run Premier Events, as the sizable population of Masters were due to a group of Singaporeans that decided to attend our Cities, resulting in us suddenly having some 10 more Masters. It was good competition. :)

I played floatzel x in my kingdra deck. My deck consisted of ONLY floatzel, kingdra line, uxie, and crobat g lol. Super fast, usually t1 kingdra. Warp point worked wonders because I could level up floatzel then retreat and keep whomping. I went 4-2 at a br with this, only losing to 2 luxchomp lol. We usually have about 80 masters at our cities.

DeepBlue Squirtle said:
Hi Flygon and BM. Remember me ? >:)

Props on doing well in your first tournament in Masters. I'm hoping the number of players keep it at that as long as we run Premier Events, as the sizable population of Masters were due to a group of Singaporeans that decided to attend our Cities, resulting in us suddenly having some 10 more Masters. It was good competition. :D

Ahhhhh who are you...?
Nah I'm just joking :p

Yeah the number of players really decreased the past few years :/
SG even has more players than us at tourneys lol.

crm103top09 said:
I played floatzel x in my kingdra deck. My deck consisted of ONLY floatzel, kingdra line, uxie, and crobat g lol. Super fast, usually t1 kingdra. Warp point worked wonders because I could level up floatzel then retreat and keep whomping. I went 4-2 at a br with this, only losing to 2 luxchomp lol. We usually have about 80 masters at our cities.

Thanks but I think I'll skip Floatzel :p

Back