• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Flygon/Accelgor [Non-competitive]

blaZofgold

Romans 8:38-39
Not familiar with the new set conventions, so bear with mine:

Pokemon
  • 3-2-2 Flygon BC
  • 3-2 Accelgor DX
  • Celebi EX
  • Groudon EX
Total: 14

Trainers
  • 4 Professor Juniper
  • 4 N
  • 2 Colress
  • 2 Skyla
  • 3 Cheren
  • 3 Ultra Ball
  • 2 Switch/Escape Rope
  • 1 Computer Search/Dowsing Machine
  • 2 Tool Scrapper
  • 2 Rare Candy
  • 3 Level Ball
  • 1 Frozen City
  • 2 Silver Mirror
  • 1 Float Stone
Total: 32

Energy
  • 4 Grass
  • 6 Fighting
  • 2 DCE
  • 2 Rainbow
Total: 14

Strategy
I'm getting back into TCG since I quit in 2011, and MAN has it changed. I'm not sure if this rogue deck is viable or not, please help. Strategy is simple, Flygon + Celebi = 80 to active, 30 to bench. Accelgor stun locks the active in place, Groudon is a strong finisher. I don't know how fast this will run, seems like a T2-3 setup to me.

This deck would have owned before when people used to carry 20-25 pokemon in decks and the benches used to be full but now...it seems to have changed? EDIT: Does this deck get shut-down by Mime 0.0

All advice is appreciated. Thanks!

RE: Flygon/Accelgor

ThirdEye said:
have you tried this deck? how is it against the current meta?
This is a rogue deck idea, has not been playtested. I quit TCG pre-BW, so I made this deck initially based off of what I knew then (this deck is similar to the Flygon X deck way back then).

Now, with Mr. Mime and fewer Pokemon on bench, I actually think this deck would be very difficult to pull off. However, it's still viable if there was a way to consistently remove Mime. Seriously, I came back right as Catcher gets errata'd (I left when Catcher came out) and I needed the old one lol.

I'll change the header to [Fun] since I don't find this deck competitive anymore.

You should have a 2-1-2 Dusknoir line in here, so that you can manipulate the damage to your liking

Back