• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Florges EX Swarm (Florges EX / Cherrim / Serperior)

Milennin

*Hugs Absol*
Pokemon:

• 2x Florges EX
    3x Snivy
    2x Servine
    3x Serperior (Royal Heal)
    2x Cherubi
    2x Cherrim
    2x Flabebé (Flower Veil)
    2x Floette
    1x Diancie
    1x Shaymin
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums:

• 3x N
    3x Sycamore
    2x Skyla
    1x Pokémon Fan Club
    1x PokéCenter Lady

1x Computer Search
    2x Rare Candy
    2x Level Ball / Evosoda
    2x Ultra Ball
    2x Professor's Letter
    1x Super Rod / Sacred Ash
Energy:

• 5x Fairy Energy
    10x Grass Energy

Strategy:
The idea is to fill up the field relatively fast and start hitting stuff with either Florges EX or Serperior, while the other benched Pokémon will play a support role to make sure the main attackers stay alive longer. The deck isn't necessarily meant to be played in a highly competitive setting, but I'd like it to still be pretty solid and consistent and for it to be able to stand its ground in more casual matches.

Obviously the deck list isn't complete yet, and it's mostly the trainers that I'm not 100% sure about. I was thinking of maybe going with Virbank + Lasers, but that would take up the stadium slot which I may want to use for Fairy Garden or Training Center instead. Otherwise, maybe I could bring a Lysandre or 2 to snipe targets?

Looking for ideas and suggestions.
The deck doesn't necessarily have to be standard, so if there's something that may fit in really well that's from older sets feel free to suggest it. Since I'm playing the TCG in the online game, any card from the HG/SS set or newer can be considered.

I think I would go with Shaymin-EX over vanilla Shaymin, Synthesis seems like a more useful ability than Call for Family as an attack, also the one problem I see with the deck is that you don't have anything that could really take a big hit, a lot of the useful Pokemon have 70-90 HP which has be a little worried but if you're able to get Floette & Serperior in play quickly I could see this being an effective deck.

I would definitely go with a Training Center or 2, and Fairy Garden would be very effective with your Fairy-types in play. I'm not a huge fan of Hypnotoxic Laser, but I could see it working in this deck without any huge damage dealers minus Florges-EX with a full bench. I'm a big fan of Pokemon Fan Club, I would recommend running 2 of those, and with all the evolutions in the deck I would use 4 Evosoda. Same with Ultra Ball, you want to get your evolutions out there, I would go with 3/4 of those in my opinion. Lysandre is a staple in my mind and I would go with 2 of those for sure.

With my recommendations here's what I'd start with -
Pokemon: x20
2x Florges-EX
3x Snivy
2x Servine
3x Serperior (Royal Heal)
2x Cherubi
2x Cherrim
2x Flabebé (Flower Veil)
2x Floette
1x Diancie
1x Shaymin-EX

Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums: x28
3x N
3x Professor Sycamore
2x Skyla
2x Lysandre
2x Hypnotoxic Laser
2x Training Center
2x Fairy Garden
2x Pokémon Fan Club
1x PokéCenter Lady
1x Computer Search
2x Rare Candy
4x Evosoda
3x Ultra Ball
2x Professor's Letter
1x Sacred Ash

Energy: x12
4x Fairy
8x Grass

Maybe a little short on Energy but I would maybe go with that and tweak a little further from that.

Thanks for the reply and the in-depth suggestions. Is it worth running 2x two different stadiums, though? With so few Fairy energy maybe I want Training Center only, and then replace the Fairy Garden for 2x Muscle Band?
Also I was thinking if going 4-1-4 line for Serperior would be worth it with maybe adding 1 more Rare Candy, or is a 3-2-3 line more solid?

Yeah, now that I'm thinking of it, unless your opponent is playing counter-stadiums, you might be better with just Training Center, and the Fairy Gardens replaced with Muscle Band seems like a good idea to me. I'd only be worried about running the 4-1-4 line and the extra Rare Candy with not being able to draw into the Level 1 Evolution or the Rare Candy, so I think the 3-2-3 would be more solid.

Back