• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Flight of Kanto (Pidgeot/Dragonair) legal modified

CarlosDuranJr

Carlitosbob
Pokemons (22 cards)
2-1 Dodrio HS UD
1 Dodrio P SV
2-2-2 Dragonite HS Trium
2 Farfetch'd D&P SF
2 Moltres D&P MD
3-3-2 Pidgeot HS Trium

Energy (19 cards)

4 Cyclone Energy
4 Double Colorless Energy
8 Fire Energy
3 Health Energy

Trainers (19 cards)

1 Black Belt
2 Buck's Training
2 Cynthia's Feelings
1 Energy Switch
2 Interviewer's Questions
2 Life Herb
2 Moomoo Milk
2 PlusPower
2 Professor Oak's New Theory
3 Super Scoop Up

since most decks now a days only have 10 or so energy cards, I thought I'd take avantage of Pidgeot and Pidgeotto to get rid of their energy cards as well as make the attack cost higher. Moltres is there for attack power as well as Dragonite while keeping in the Kanto theme. the Dodrios are there for their poke power and poke body.

any suggestions on maybe switching up trainers/supporters?
I have plus powers in there because normal types still have rather low attack strength

Pretty good.
-1 SSU
+1 Black Belt

-1 Interviewers (you have enough energy that you should draw what you need)
-1 Life Herb (you dont need so many healers with a powerhouse like dragonite)
+2 Pokemon Collector

Not much more than that. Might want to add in a defender for the same reason you put in pluspower

Pidgeot TM isn't really used as an attacker, though a semi-counter to heavy attackers like Chomp and Phan. I'm not trying to discourage you, but try a better focus on the Pokemon you REALLY want to use.

well, Pidgeot is the main attacker. essentially I will be using pidgeot to force them to add energy, then use a cyclone energy after they attack an energy to their active or retreat and use dragonite to KO their active and cause that extra energy to go to waste. there will be quite a bit of switching so I may swap the other Dodrio to keep the lines the same and also make Dragonite have a free retreat cost if I have both drio's on the bench. Don't know about that cuz drawing an extra card is also nice.

also fully intend to use a Pidgeotto often to discard up to 2 energy per turn off of coin flips.

I like the idea of adding collectors that way I don't have to rely on Pidgey to get the pokemon I want. I may do the swap for collectors as u suggested, but the SSU is used for both removing all damage, using a DCE for another pokemon that needs it more, or to use Moltres's poke power again if I get tails or after I use it's attack.

so far it's worked well against Donphan, Garrchomp, and even Vilegar with the added energy costs killing them all.
donphan decks suffer cuz of the resistance =)

@ yoshi, I really wanted to stick to the Kanto region birds. kind of makes it feel like I'm playing back when Team rocket's was the new expansion.

Then just cut the Dodrio. Pidgeot and Dragonite w/ a Moltres tech. Try that.

On a side note, Dragonite is not a bird. Lol. :)

Dragonite's attack cost-to-attack damage ratio is too "meh" or too risky for it too be any good in out current format. Also remember the opponent can easily switch out of the active spot nullifying the effect of Pidgeot's attack. A much better support aid would be Vileplume: stops the use of trainers (Switch, Warp Point, Poke Turn) and slows the opponent down. However that's up to you. Though Pidgeot's damage output is pretty low so Expert Belt and Plus Power are needed. I haven't had the chance to test Pidgeot yet but going off past knowledge i would try and make the deck as fast as possible, but for now i'll help you on the T/S/S line

-2 Moltres MD (waste of space in this deck)
-1 Energy Switch
-2 Cynthia's Feelings
-2 Life Herb
-2 Bucks Training
-2 MooMoo Milk
-4 {R} Energy
(-15)

+3 Pokemon Collector (Searches out basics)
+4 Bebe's Search (Searches Basics/Evolutions)
+4 Rare Candy (Faster evolving)+3 Expert Belt (gives any pokemon +20HP and +20 attack damage)
+1 Palmer's Contribution (recovery)

sadly, I do not have any expert belts.. people always want too much for them. like one guy wanted my Gengar prime for 4 expert belts from League play. it's not like it's hard to get 4 from league.. just go and they're free.

anyways, can you guys take a look at my other deck? it's the one I use most.

http://www.pokebeach.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=91558

glaceon and ambipom team up with giratina x rather well. =)

Most decks these days use about 5 energy. Jessayin.
Also you maybe shouldn't have a Pokémon line in there just to fit a theme.
-3 fire
+2 Pokémon Communication
+1 Bebe's Search

@ jones. That is why pidgeotto is so important. Flip 2 coins, for each heads discard an energy attached to the defending pokemon. Dodrio is there to retreat pidgeotto, farfetch'd, and moltres for free. Also to cut dragonite's retreat cost to 2.

moltress and dragonite are for damage, pidgeotto and pindgeot are to cause energy problems. If only it read "each of your opponent's pokemon's attacks cost {C}{C} more." instead of specifying the defending pokemon.

then again about half the decks would see a 1-1-1 tech of it if it read that way. At least imo.

Back