• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Flareon Techbox (Flareon / Garbodor / Bouffalant / Lanturn / Terrakion)

blaZofgold

Romans 8:38-39
Experience: Intermediate

My idea is to be able to make this deck by buying the following:
2x Red Genesect Collection ($15 each)

And then various singles that should cost less than a dollar. Most expensive cards are the Blend Energy and the Dowsing Machine. Make sure when you edit this deck you keep the Budget restrictions in mind. No single should cost over $2, unless it is already included in above deck.

Pokemon
  • 4 Eevee
  • 3-2 Flareon-Leafeon
  • 2-2 Garbodor
  • 2 Bouffalant
  • 2-2 Lanturn PLF/Manetric DRE
  • 2 Terrakion LTR

Trainers
  • 4 Professor Juniper
  • 4 N
  • 2 Skyla
  • 2 Shauna
  • 4 Ultra Ball
  • 1 Switch
  • 2 Tool Scrapper
  • 4 Silver Bangle
  • 2 Float Stone
  • 1 Silver Mirror
  • 1 Dowsing Machine

Energy
  • 4 DCE
  • 4 Blend WLFS
  • 4 Rainbow

Strategy
Counter ALL the Pokes! Leafeon takes out BlastoiseKeldeo, Flareon takes out VirVenuGen, Manetric/Lanturn takes out YveltalLugia, Terrakion takes out Darkrai. Bouffalant does good damage to basically everything, and Garbodor to be a jerk.

RE: BUDGET Techbox

Im playing somthing similar but i have raichu XY instead of lanturn/ manetric and im also playing ditio and some eggs

idk if i would consider dowsing machine the best ace for this deck. Mostly considering the fact that none of your trainer cards are game changers. Maybe tool scrapper but thats it. Comp search would be far superior just to allow you to set up slightly faster. Or even Life Dew to get more pokemon in the discard while not giving up prizes. I would even use a super rod over a dowsing machine to get back the pokemon needed for the match up incase some are prized or something.

Times when i find dowsing machine better is for decks that use rare candy, max potion, or important stadiums, since dowsing machine acts as an extra card for any trainer in your deck. Since the only thing you have are like switch and tool scrapper that could be helpful. Maybe a silver mirror or bangle. It just doesnt seem worth it.

I also feel like for that same reason, Skyla isnt super helpful. I would throw in colress or shauna over skyla. To draw into pokemon instead of having to ultra ball for them.

I would also consider using 2 level ball and 2 ultra ball to help get out your basics and not costing you 2 other cards to do it. Granted the 2 cards could be pokemon you dont need in the match up to power up flareon. But meh idk i just dont like so much require discard.

Ummm but this IS a Flareon deck...so isn't discard kinda mandatory?

EDIT: Made a minor change regarding Shauna vs. Skyla. Also, Bands and Bangles are interchangeable.

RE: Flareon Techbox (Flareon / Garbodor / Bouffalant / Lanturn / Dugtrio)

Bump for new ideas. Should I run less energy? Can I afford to? I feel like I could manage a Bicycle line, but I'm not sure what to trim out.

Bands are too expensive for the deck :p. Try trimming some ... Eg. 2-3 energy, for some bikes. Also I could see some retaliating terrakion bringing up the rear in this deck. Also, suicune couldn't burn to troll a bit. Even just a bit. Also, computer search (although it is expensive). Actually, for an ace spec, life dew isn't bad, its less than $2 and is better than nothing :p

Bands are not expensive at all, plus they come with the Genesect deck. Terrakion is a GREAT idea, it's probably better than Dugtrio. Suicune can't work with Garbodor.

Changed:
-2-2 Dugtrio
-1 Rainbow Energy
-1 DCE

Added:
+2 Terrakion
+4 Bicycle

Feels like I'm a biiit short on Pokemon now. What's the recommended number for Flareon?

Its ok. I only run 18. You run more than me, its fine. Also, sorry, I totally overlooked Garbodor about the suicune thing. If we took out Garbodor and put in suicune, it'd be a suicune/terrakion deck. And you don't want everyone thinking you're a d!ck, do you? Anyway, like the deck, I think its pretty much done. But also, I suggest a 2-1 split of silver bangle, muscle band, with the extra space made being put to an ace spec.

Back