• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Flareon EX Post-Rotation

mrfr1day

Aspiring Trainer
4 Flareon-EX
2 Tapu Lele
2 Turtonator-GX
1 Lugia-EX
1 Oricorio
1 Oranguru
1 Volcanion-EX

12 Pokemon

2 Kiawe
4 Sycamore
3 N
4 Max Elixer
2 Guzma
1 Acerola
4 Ultra Ball
3 Po Town
1 Fisherman
2 Field Blower
4 Choice band
2 Super Scoop Up
1 Super Rod
1 Escape Rope
2 Float Stone

36 Trainers

12 Fire Energy

Deck I plan on running once Burning Shadows is released.(Assuming that only 4 sets get rotated out) Any thoughts?

lugia ex is rotating and while oricorio and and orangeru can help you set up faster I find it better if you just have only pokemon that can use kiawe efficiently and volcaneon ex

I do not see Po town duing a whole lot for you, id rather play altar of the sunne to help against water decks tht you will likely face and struggle with otherwise.

I'm having trouble making recommendations that aren't "Just play Volcanion". Still, it wouldn't hurt to cut a Flareon for a Volcanion. Four of the same EX is usually redundant since 6 prize cards is 3 EX's, meaning you shouldn't need the fourth one, and if you had another Volcanion, you could use its Ability up to twice per turn, or still have it out even if one gets prized.

yeah I think 2-3 flareon would be the right way to go also for people in this thread do you think 4 kiawe is efficient in this deck if one chooses to not play tapu lele and you should regardless be including at least 1 small volcanion

been looking at this thread for a while because I want to have a flareon deck and I decided lets post a comment on it and see if more people talk about it

I feel 3 kiawe is the max,esp with 12 energy. Def want to play lele in this deck,wouldnt mind trying out an olivia as well

I don't have lele and I cant really buy one for a while would you recommend I still have only 3 kiawe

If you are playing Basic Fire types, then Volcanion-EX is a must. You need at least 3 of these bad boys.

Trust me, without Volc, your mons will struggle to hit magic numbers. One is just not sufficient.

Back