• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Flames and stuff

JadeGemTM

In terms of water, we have water
Forum Mod
Pokemon(14)

1 Volcanion
2 Volcanion EX
2 Salandit
2 Salazzle GX
1 Turtonator GX
3 Ho-Oh GX
2 Tapu Lele GX
1 Oranguru

Trainers (33)

4 Sycamore
4 N
3 Guzma
3 Kiawe

4 Ultra Ball
4 Max Elixir
3 Choice Band
3 Float Stone
1 Rescue Stretcher
1 Field Blower

3 Po Town

Energy(13)

13 Basic Fire

Last edited:
TBH I would just run either Volcanion or Ho-Oh/Salazzle. It looks like Ho-Oh and Salazzle are the main focuses of this deck, so I'm assuming you'd rather play that. I can see why the Volcs would be tempting, but in actually, they just clog the deck. Here are my suggestions:

-2 Volcanion-EX, +1 Ho-Oh-GX, +1 Wicke. Ho-Oh is your main attacker and you want to start with it, so I think the four count is the best way to go. Wicke is just for more consistency and because I had an extra spot I didn't know what to do with :p

-4 Max Elixir, -3 Po Town,+1 Tapu-Lele-GX, +2 Field Blower, +1 Salandit, +1 Salazzle-GX, +2 Scorched Earth. Max Elixir becomes pretty useless after you've Kiawe-d Ho Oh, and with Volc gone, it doesn't really make much sense to keep them in. Po Town just doesn't seem to do much for the deck; I think Scorched Earth is better for the emergency draw power it provides. Field Blower is great to have and is just too good not to include IMO. The third Lele is useful if you prize a Lele and it also makes your T1 Kiawe that much more consistent. Thickening the Salazzle line is just for added consistency/prize safety.

-1 Switch, +1 Float Stone. Float Stone is just generally better than Switch, and if you're worried about attaching it to something in case you need Band for the same Pokémon later, there's always Guzma to solve that problem.

-1 Volcanion, +1 Rescue Stretcher. You have Turtonator for Energy acceleration/recovery and Rescue Stretcher can dig you out of some spots Super Rod otherwise wouldn't.

That's all I can think of; I hope this was helpful :)

I have a Ho-Oh/Turtonator/Volcanion/Salazzle deck that runs very well. I recommend only running a 2-2 line of Salandit/Salazzle GX. You don't need the non-GX Salazzle, it just makes the deck clunky. I run 3 Tapu Lele, but I'm assuming you only have 2 so that's why you're running the Oranguru.

I highly recommend a third Kiawe. This deck's chances of winning is significantly higher when you can get a Turn 1 Kiawe. If you were running a third Lele I could see you keeping the Kiawe count at 2. I'd take out the baby Salazzle for it.

Rescue Stretcher is better than Super Rod in this deck. You already have ways to get Energy out of your discard pile with Turtonator and baby Volcanion.

Po Town is a neat choice. I don't run it in my deck, but I can understand why you would want it.

I really don't recommend taking out the Volcanion like GekkisaiDaiNi recommended. Steam Up is just too important. It allows you to hit high damage numbers for OHKOs, it also gets Energy in your discard for Turtonator and baby Volcanion. I think 2 Volcanion EX is right for this deck.

TBH I would just run either Volcanion or Ho-Oh/Salazzle. It looks like Ho-Oh and Salazzle are the main focuses of this deck, so I'm assuming you'd rather play that. I can see why the Volcs would be tempting, but in actually, they just clog the deck. Here are my suggestions:
I'm going to have to disagree with you here. Volcanion is very important in this deck, like @HouchinsDJ said.

-4 Max Elixir, -3 Po Town,+1 Tapu-Lele-GX, +2 Field Blower, +1 Salandit, +1 Salazzle-GX, +2 Scorched Earth. Max Elixir becomes pretty useless after you've Kiawe-d Ho Oh, and with Volc gone, it doesn't really make much sense to keep them in. Po Town just doesn't seem to do much for the deck; I think Scorched Earth is better for the emergency draw power it provides. Field Blower is great to have and is just too good not to include IMO. The third Lele is useful if you prize a Lele and it also makes your T1 Kiawe that much more consistent. Thickening the Salazzle line is just for added consistency/prize safety.
I actually really like Po Town in this deck, and I don't feel Scorched Earth is needed. I don't own another Lele, unfortunately, and can't convince myself to buy another one yet. I definitely agree with you on Field Blower, it needs to be in there.

I highly recommend a third Kiawe. This deck's chances of winning is significantly higher when you can get a Turn 1 Kiawe. If you were running a third Lele I could see you keeping the Kiawe count at 2. I'd take out the baby Salazzle for it.
Agree with this for sure, I've played too many games where I don't get the turn 1 Kiawe and hurts me significantly.

Po Town is a neat choice. I don't run it in my deck, but I can understand why you would want it.
It's really fun and helps a ton against Garde.

so here are the changes I have made:
-1 Salandite
-1 Salazzle
- Super Rod
-1 Switch

+1 Rescue Stretcher
+1 Float Stone
+1 Field Blower
+1 Kiawe

Back