• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Flame Storm (Delphox BREAK / Shaymin EX)

Hi LightningCloud224,

Thanks for the review. Entei is the non ancient trait version and intended to handle faster decks that fill their bench. At the moment Entei non-AT, Moltres, Flareon Ex and Ninetales Ex are in rotation. Still did not settle for either one of these cards as a tech basic attacker. Flareon Ex and Entei non-AT are better attackers but the two retreat cost can hurt while Moltres and Ninetales Ex have a more convenient retreat cost and their attacks are not entirely bad. Will consider Delphox Ex and test which one of these five option works best. Revised the list a little and conducted more test runs. The revised list seems to run rather stable now unless it faces and item lock deck.

Last edited:
Some number of Double Colorless Energy would probably help. It works well with Delphox XY10, since it counts as 2 energy for its attack and both Delphox have CCC as a cost, not actually needing Fire Energy. On top of that, it lets you Sky Return with Shaymin, since Blacksmith can't add energy to Shaymin. Shaymin's not gonna be doing that often, but the option is nice to have in case someone is forced to Lysandre it up front to stall.

Hi Scubasage,

The deck used to run three Double Colorless when it had three Delphox XY10 and no more than one Delphox XY1. The Main reason it was taken out was that Delphox XY1 works much better with basic fire energies as an attacker and he could be needed to attack in this deck. It also allows me to use Flare Witch from time to time. Will test out a variant with two Double Colorless instead of two basic fire energies.

Hi WastedSkyPirate,

The deck in general is much more consistzent and fast than it seems. It can have Delphox XY1 out on it`s second turn with a reasonable likelihood and it would need another turn to break evolve. On usual I use Delphox Break to increase hit points and to have a better recovery. It does not do much to make the deck faster in the first few turns but it is of assistance in recovering a Delphox XY10 and powering up from scratch in the middle of the game. The deck does do better against Night March and fast beatdown decks than expected but it has an auto loose to item lock decks since it relies a lot on the candies and it also has massive troubles with Greninja decks since that deck hits for weakness and can take out benched Fenniken with ease. other than that the deck works rather well and one could even argue to cut one Shaymin Ex in favor of Entei non-AT to improve the match up against fast beatdown decks such as Night March. I am not sold on Wally in this deck since you want to use Blacksmith on usual to fuel multiple attackers and Delphox XY10 alike. Bridgette works real well since it can search out Fenniken and thin the deck which improves the performance of Delphox XY1 a lot. If there would be any card that I want to fit into this deck it would be Super Rod to retrieve one or two energies and another Pokémon late game.

Hi WastedSkyPirate,

The deck in general is much more consistzent and fast than it seems. It can have Delphox XY1 out on it`s second turn with a reasonable likelihood and it would need another turn to break evolve. On usual I use Delphox Break to increase hit points and to have a better recovery. It does not do much to make the deck faster in the first few turns but it is of assistance in recovering a Delphox XY10 and powering up from scratch in the middle of the game. The deck does do better against Night March and fast beatdown decks than expected but it has an auto loose to item lock decks since it relies a lot on the candies and it also has massive troubles with Greninja decks since that deck hits for weakness and can take out benched Fenniken with ease. other than that the deck works rather well and one could even argue to cut one Shaymin Ex in favor of Entei non-AT to improve the match up against fast beatdown decks such as Night March. I am not sold on Wally in this deck since you want to use Blacksmith on usual to fuel multiple attackers and Delphox XY10 alike. Bridgette works real well since it can search out Fenniken and thin the deck which improves the performance of Delphox XY1 a lot. If there would be any card that I want to fit into this deck it would be Super Rod to retrieve one or two energies and another Pokémon late game.

Dark,

I am also currently building a deck of this type. I like the 2/2 Delphox split. Using that instead of a ShayminEX (don't have one and too expensive to buy), allows drawing power more than once. I also think the Entei is a wise move as well. I have 1 Flareon EX and am debating on using it. I hate using EX's because its a 2 prize card KO. I would like to see the final deck list as you have it now.

My fiancée has been testing a delphox deck that uses a 2/1 split in favour of the XY delphox for draw support, 2 break and Flareon EX from generations as the main attacker, two or three Flareon EX is enough normally. Load it up shove a fighting fury belt on it and it will blow up most things pretty easily.

She has been using wally for a turn two break. Turn one get fenekin out, turn two rare candy up, then wally for break turn 2. With a battle compressor/blacksmith combo a manual and a flare witch you can have five energy on flareon turn 2 to attack with. Pretty fast, not too clunky all things considered.

My fiancée has been testing a delphox deck that uses a 2/1 split in favour of the XY delphox for draw support, 2 break and Flareon EX from generations as the main attacker, two or three Flareon EX is enough normally. Load it up shove a fighting fury belt on it and it will blow up most things pretty easily.

She has been using wally for a turn two break. Turn one get fenekin out, turn two rare candy up, then wally for break turn 2. With a battle compressor/blacksmith combo a manual and a flare witch you can have five energy on flareon turn 2 to attack with. Pretty fast, not too clunky all things considered.
Draaka

What is the decklist?

****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

Pokémon - 14

2 Shaymin-EX ROS 77
2 Delphox BREAK FAC 14
3 Fennekin FAC 10
2 Braixen FAC 12
1 Delphox FAC 13
2 Delphox XY 26
2 Flareon-EX GEN 128

Trainer Cards - 36

4 Trainers' Mail ROS 92
2 Wally ROS 94
1 N DEX 96
1 Lysandre AOR 78
1 Super Rod BKT 149
2 Scorched Earth PRC 138
2 Blacksmith FLF 88
4 Puzzle of Time BKP 109
3 Battle Compressor Team Flare Gear PHF 92
2 Fighting Fury Belt BKP 99
1 Weakness Policy PRC 142
3 Rare Candy PLB 85
4 Ultra Ball ROS 93
2 Professor Sycamore PHF 101
4 VS Seeker PHF 109

Energy - 10

10 Fire Energy XYEnergy 4

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

It's still super early in testing, but it's a lot more consistent than I thought a stage 3 (2+break) deck could ever be.

My conclusion from testing is that this deck is good fun - and very satisfying when it works - but it's not competitive. Setting up a Stage 2 in deck based on Blacksmith is not ideal; the sliver of hope is Delphox XY, so I would definitely go with a 2/2 split.

Dark,

I am also currently building a deck of this type. I like the 2/2 Delphox split. Using that instead of a ShayminEX (don't have one and too expensive to buy), allows drawing power more than once. I also think the Entei is a wise move as well. I have 1 Flareon EX and am debating on using it. I hate using EX's because its a 2 prize card KO. I would like to see the final deck list as you have it now.

Hi kharrison569,

I am shying away from Pokémon Ex in this deck. I would rather run a second Entei over one of the Shaymin Ex.

Hi WastedSkyPirate,

Would consider it to be a tier three deck due to the auto loose to item lock decks and Greninja Break. Other than that it works much better than one would have expected and it is rather consistent when the candies are not locked out. I do agree that Delphox XY1 is vital to this deck. Was surprised that he is able to allow the deck to recover defeated Delphox XY10 rather fast. So in essence the time for Delphox Break is now or never since it relies a lot on Delphox XY1 to allow it to use Blacksmith. Which variant of the deck did you test?

Hi Draaka,

Hope the deck works well for your fiancée. Not entire sold on some of the card choices such as Puzzle of Time. Trainer's Mail and a maxed out Rare Candy count seem to be more stable and there is not much else that I would want to retrieve with Puzzle of Time that cannot be retrieved by other means.

Hi kharrison569,

You can see it on the first page. Only replaced one Shaymin Ex with a second Entei and one Professor Sycamore with a third N. Still unsure on the former modification since I like to have two Shaymin Ex to ensure I have access to one turn one.

****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

Pokémon - 14

2 Shaymin-EX ROS 77
2 Delphox BREAK FAC 14
3 Fennekin FAC 10
2 Braixen FAC 12
1 Delphox FAC 13
2 Delphox XY 26
2 Flareon-EX GEN 128

Trainer Cards - 36

4 Trainers' Mail ROS 92
2 Wally ROS 94
1 N DEX 96
1 Lysandre AOR 78
1 Super Rod BKT 149
2 Scorched Earth PRC 138
2 Blacksmith FLF 88
4 Puzzle of Time BKP 109
3 Battle Compressor Team Flare Gear PHF 92
2 Fighting Fury Belt BKP 99
1 Weakness Policy PRC 142
3 Rare Candy PLB 85
4 Ultra Ball ROS 93
2 Professor Sycamore PHF 101
4 VS Seeker PHF 109

Energy - 10

10 Fire Energy XYEnergy 4

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

It's still super early in testing, but it's a lot more consistent than I thought a stage 3 (2+break) deck could ever be.

Dedenne using Entrainment to pull 2 basics out and Energy Short for 20x number of energy on defender pokemon. All colorless.

Yeah but an attacker gives up prizes, benched abilities don't put a 60hp pokemon out for easy prizes. Maybe one as a tech, but as you need to put a manual on the dedene you are only getting the same energy as a delphox.

For Dedenne to work you need to manual attach 1 energy, then get 2 on your flareon. Your turn will end so it's unlikely that Dedenne will be around next turn so flareon can't use it's ability, or you will have to retreat it or switch it out to get flareon out. This results in two energy on flareon and most likely one free prize for your opponent.

With the ability from delphox break you are getting 1 energy on flareon plus you can use your manual on him too. Resulting in the same energy but you aren't putting a 60hp pokemon down for your opponent to hit.

The dedenne is only superior in that it will put a fire energy in your discard pile (through being knocked out or hard retreating). It does save deck space however. Test both see what you think. It won't ever be doing as much damage as a delphox anyway, and you don't have the option to play the draw delphox ability if you play the dedenne.

I see why you would think that it would be useful, but it's not great all in all in my opinion. It's a like a xerneas but less than half the hp and it's secondary attack will be doing less damage. At least delphox can be back up attackers if it all goes to hell with flareon.

Back