• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard FIX my Vileplume ANTI BASIC (BKT-BUS)

RooX

Forest Breath
Hello Trainer's this is my first thread

I made this just for fun and it's not consistent

Pros :
- Basic Pokemon cant attack
- Sleep or Confuse

Cons :
- High cost energy
- This deck easily defeated by evolution

Please suggest if any further changes are needed

Pokemon : 14
3 - Villeplume BUS
2 - Gloom BUS
3 - Odish BUS
2 - Tapu Lele GX
1 - Remoraid
1 - Octillery
2 - Alolan Vulpix

Suporter : 13
4 - N
4 - Professor Sycamore
3 - Guzma
1 - Brigette
1 - Skyla

Item : 22
4 - Rare Candy
4 - Ultra Ball
2 - Nest Ball
2 - Float Stone
3 - Wishful Baton
2 - Field Blower
1 - Super Rod
1 - Energy Recycler
3 - Max Elixir

Energy : 11
11 - Grass Energy

Vileplume should only be used s a benchliner, not an attacker. Glaceon EX with this Vileplume could be a good combo. (Watch out for Baby Ninetales.)

Vileplume should only be used s a benchliner, not an attacker. Glaceon EX with this Vileplume could be a good combo. (Watch out for Baby Ninetales.)
Yeah, make it a 2-1-2 line; reliable enough for Stage 2 Support Pokemon you don't want to do without. Shouldn't need 4 Rare Candy, either.
Glaceon EX is indeed the popular combo, and with good reason.
Did you mean to watch out for Alolan Ninetales on their side or to try it with the Vulpix he already has?
I think it's a suitable card as most Evolved Pokemon in the meta are GX's...

Other than that I question the relevance of Octillery in a deck that doesn't use Brooklet Hill. Oranguru is fine in most decks IMO.

Could also use Po Town to increase the punishment for Evolutions; may seem counter-intuitive but seeing as we've established Vileplume is a support pokemon we're not actively seeking to maintain its health, and the decks best attacker is Basic...

Last edited:
Vileplume's ability only works while it's in the active. You might as well attack with it to get prizes. Sometimes stalling with it isn't enough.

Back