News First 'Sun & Moon' English Set News!

160 damage for three energies is simply a bit awkward. You definitly need to do additional damage to do around 190 damage. It's near impossible to do 210 damage with this Pokémon which is an ideal amount of damage in my opinion. Or else you may as well be hitting 110 damage for two energies. The side effect is also bothersome. You can't use Giovanni's Scheme and Pokémon Ranger during the same turn. Ofcourse switching is not that hard in the Pokémon TCG. Escpecially when you have a Solgaleo GX on your bench. However you would still need six energies on your side of the field. This is difficult to archieve even with Max Elixer. A one time paralyze is not going to cut it for a GX attack. Waterbox already has better support options that actually have purpose besides doing damage. Lapras first attack could be used for set-up but there's always N to ruin your day. 190HP on a basic is really good. But overall I think it's a mediocre card. Previous GX Pokémon showed more potential even when they were stage 1.

Its not going to be a tier 1 deck or command its own archetype but its not the worst card in the world,which is more what im trying to say :T i understand the flaws it has

We mtg now boys. I like the art of the second one. Hopefully that's a promo in a blister or something in the eng set.

hm, interesting card, itll be pretty funny with devolve spray and forest of giant plants to try to get them down to no cards on the first turn

oh god what has become of me, I cant do this to other players

theyre gonna hate me, noooooooo

hm, interesting card, itll be pretty funny with devolve spray and forest of giant plants to try to get them down to no cards on the first turn

oh god what has become of me, I cant do this to other players

theyre gonna hate me, noooooooo

This in Expanded with Seismitoad-EX, Super Scoop Up, AZ and Devolution Spray. Need I say more?

Last edited:
Sonmething tells me that we will have to wait for Sun and Moon to be released before we get their National Pokédex numbers. Though saying that, the second attack suggests that Paralyzed Pokémon now have a 50/50 chance of attacking the Defending Pokémon.

I loved the card, the illustration and ability. Pokémon already allowed us to have control over some aspects and conditions of the game, the ability of Tsareena makes it possible to explore much more the game by controlling the cards in your opponent's hand. We already had cards who performed similar effects, but not so accurately, be able to look at your opponent's hand and also choose the card that will be discarded!? Incredible and very exciting. Ghetsis is a card that would make a good aesthetic combination, as well as FoGP and Devolution Spray. After that I just hope the return of the Lost Zone.

So 140HP is now the minimum for stage 2 pokemon now? If I remember correctly, Talonflame was the only stage 2 with 130HP in steam siege, most likely down because of it's ability. I won't be surprised if some stage 2 will go closer to 170HP.

We already had cards who performed similar effects, but not so accurately, be able to look at your opponent's hand and also choose the card that will be discarded!?

Weavile Undaunted 25 does the exact same thing but this being with FoGP and a stage 2 makes this a little different.

Ignore the GX move for a second. It's just a better Aurorus-EX, and that SAW PLAY in Waterbox last year for Koing everything in decks like Greninja. Of course the format has changed, but it certainly could be situationally useful. In an expanded Blastoise deck, it can hit for damage that Keldeo needs 5-6 energy to rival while needing just three, and the "can't attack" effect isn't that bad because of Rush In. And it isn't even a bad start since it can net you cards - if you don't set up T1, you have Lapras there to better ensure a T2 set up. With an FFB it can KO everything in Greninja just like Aurorus did, lots of smaller non-EX attackers (though Keldeo, etc. can do that too, so not as much of a selling point) and with a Muscle Band it can kill almost everything that isn't Mega or FFB'd. Definitely enough to merit running a copy.

People have already gone over the possible applications for this card pretty extensively. It would work well with the grass support we have now, but I really want to think about the implications this could have on the game as a whole. If we get a lot of cards similar to this--hand disruption cards--I'll be super excited. These type of cards are really rare in the Pokemon TCG and they usually are really neat. I hope we get more stuff like this. It could make for a really neat deck. I think this could almost fill out a secondary role in a standard deck right now. But what attacker would pair well with it?

-Possibly M Scizor: Energy and Stadium disruption could be very powerful when paired with this, and it could shut down many decks based around special energy.
-Giratina: This could be a superpowered combo. Locking Megas from doing damage, while not allowing your opponent to play tools, special energy, or stadiums, is already powerful on its own. Pair it with Tsareena, and you could potentially limit your opponent to having zero playable cards in hand each turn, while you swing for 100 each turn with chaos wheel.

I can't think of any other partners right now, but I've always loved playing grass, and I am DEFINITELY going to try this card out.

So 140HP is now the minimum for stage 2 pokemon now? If I remember correctly, Talonflame was the only stage 2 with 130HP in steam siege, most likely down because of it's ability. I won't be surprised if some stage 2 will go closer to 170HP.
For example, Ancient Trait Rhyperior had 160 HP, it's no surprise.

MY EVALUATIONS!
  • Tsareena - besides of the another card that is possibly a prerelease promo of SM1 like Vikavolt. It's ability is interesting. Maybe Tsa will discard your Shaymin in your hand or N. The attack is.... No comment.

Back