News First 'Sun & Moon' English Set News!

This is the first time I've seen a full, non-GX card image from Sun and Moon, and all I can say is...yikes.

The design is interesting, to say the least. The yellow is really bright (looking forward to seeing it in person), and I'm not really a fan of the sharp lines and the metallic, artificial look. It doesn't seem to fit the natural feel of the Alola region.

Grubbin-Sun-Moon.png

We already know Grubbin is grass in the TCG, so if Charjabug is too then your dream comes true
YEAAAH! I will prepare my M Ampharos!

If both the pre evolutions are grass they can be out turn one, and get a turn 2 attack easily. In expanded it would pair with eelektric and muscle band/silver bangle.
For grass, either do M Venusaur or M Beedrill.
it got a TON of options, but you need energy recycling. (pun on energy recycler)

The energy attachment is insane. It could even be paired with Ho-Oh EX from breakpoint and use Smeargle to swap out energy to get the water and fire. (I might actually build that since I used Ho-Oh with M Manectric.

Grubbin-Sun-Moon.png

We already know Grubbin is grass in the TCG, so if Charjabug is too then your dream comes true
Well, thing is we already know that Grubbin is 004/060 and Lurantis is 006/060 in Collection Moon, so between those 2 is Fomantis, which means Charjabug is Lightning-type, not Grass.

It seems that they are censoring out the Pokédex numbers and the Pokédex information until it officially comes out in Japan.

Well, thing is we already know that Grubbin is 004/060 and Lurantis is 006/060 in Collection Moon, so between those 2 is Fomantis, which means Charjabug is Lightning-type, not Grass.

That's pretty sad to hear assuming nothing weird happens (like a non-grass Fomantis), we may well get a grass one in future sets and with it being a base set it's pretty much confirmed it survives the next 2 rotations and will end up being a 'the-oldest-set-in-rotation' eventually so hopefully we see one to go with it.

Otherwise you can still FoGP + Wally, but considering you need the Charjabug, Wally and Forest in your hand I don't see how that's any more advantageous than 4 Rare Candy + 4 Vikavolt and using the additional spaces for extra ball support (etc.).

But FoGP is still rotating out at the end of this season, so it won't matter if Vikavolt is in the base set. But anyhow,

Even with only Grubbin being Grass, you could still fit it the line in a Grass deck with FoGP just to speed it up a bit... probably.

3 energy discard for 150 damage? Evolutions Charizard does 200 for that cost and that can use burning energy, not to mention XY Starter Delphox does 120 for only 1 discard.
I guess it's ability helps and it can just sit on the bench powering your other pokemon

Ugh these cards are ugly. Why is the hexagon showing the pre-evolution asymmetrical? These cards look like bad MS Paint card blank edits.

Card design reached perfection in the DPPt sets. I wish they had never changed them.

It would still require some manual attachment and getting two Stage 2 Pokemon out, but this with BCR Flygon...

MY EVALUATIONS!
  • Vikavolt - Very Freaking awesome! The ability was inter-related to Magnezone but deck-based. Good as Energy Accel for some Lightning Decks who potentially anti-M-Rayquaza or Yveltal (Darkrai still a trendy Dark deck). What I am disappointing is it is a Stage 2, EXCEPT if "Charja-bus" is a Grass-type. It has some potential, let's see. I sense that the promo of his will be a pre-release artwork for Sun & Moon Base. 1 Down, 3 to go!
  • Lapras-GX - Worst GX ever.

MY EVALUATIONS!
  • Vikavolt - Very Freaking awesome! The ability was inter-related to Magnezone but deck-based. Good as Energy Accel for some Lightning Decks who potentially anti-M-Rayquaza or Yveltal (Darkrai still a trendy Dark deck). What I am disappointing is it is a Stage 2, EXCEPT if "Charja-bus" is a Grass-type. It has some potential, let's see. I sense that the promo of his will be a pre-release artwork for Sun & Moon Base. 1 Down, 3 to go!
  • Lapras-GX - Worst GX ever.
You may use Lapras-GX with Golduck BREAK and Manaphy? Her atk with 160 power is not that bad, because only 3 energy for such high power. Expert Belt= 170= Basic EX. Combo with Manaphy and Golduck Break, you can constantly swapping between different Lapras and atk for no limitation? Her GX attack sucks though

Last edited:
i am amazed at how many people are saying that a straight 160 on lapras GX for 3 energy is not only bad, but AWFUL and the worst card ever. this thing gets powered up by max elixirs, has a free paralysis if wanted, can attack every turn with manaphy or pokemon rangers, has a nice setup attack and 190 hp on a basic pokemon. how is it bad. its gx attack is not the strongest revealed so far but this is by no means a weak card and fits into water decks which have a lot of support.

i am amazed at how many people are saying that a straight 160 on lapras GX for 3 energy is not only bad, but AWFUL and the worst card ever. this thing gets powered up by max elixirs, has a free paralysis if wanted, can attack every turn with manaphy or pokemon rangers, has a nice setup attack and 190 hp on a basic pokemon. how is it bad. its gx attack is not the strongest revealed so far but this is by no means a weak card and fits into water decks which have a lot of support.

160 damage for three energies is simply a bit awkward. You definitly need to do additional damage to do around 190 damage. It's near impossible to do 210 damage with this Pokémon which is an ideal amount of damage in my opinion. Or else you may as well be hitting 110 damage for two energies. The side effect is also bothersome. You can't use Giovanni's Scheme and Pokémon Ranger during the same turn. Ofcourse switching is not that hard in the Pokémon TCG. Escpecially when you have a Solgaleo GX on your bench. However you would still need six energies on your side of the field. This is difficult to archieve even with Max Elixer. A one time paralyze is not going to cut it for a GX attack. Waterbox already has better support options that actually have purpose besides doing damage. Lapras first attack could be used for set-up but there's always N to ruin your day. 190HP on a basic is really good. But overall I think it's a mediocre card. Previous GX Pokémon showed more potential even when they were stage 1.

If the rules change to allow the player going first to attack, Lapras GX will be better.

Blizzard Burn could be useful if augmented by a belt. Doing 170 damage actually means something since you can now OHKO Hoopa-EX and Xerneas@FFB. There are a million and one ways to get around the effect, but finding a way to score a KO with it more reliably is more important than how you can stream attacks.

A hundred and paralysis is nothing special if you can only do it once per game. This was a bigger deal when Magnezone LV.X did it. The attack would be worth it if it cost one or two Energy, not three. Ew.

Back