Writing First Quarterly PokéBeach Short Story Competition (Congratulations, Artemis!)

RE: ATTENTION, WRITERS: First Quarterly PokéBeach Short Story Competition (WITH APPLICATION INCLUDED)

APPLICATION FOR THE FIRST QUARTERLY SHORT STORY COMPETITION
USERNAME: [mod]Serperior[/mod]
JOIN DATE: Haha, seven years ago in October. Wow, it's been a while.
HOW MUCH TIME DO YOU SPEND, ON AVERAGE, WRITING?: A little every day, maybe a half hour here, half hour there. I take time to compete the Haiku Competitions, as you can see.
HOW MANY CHAPTERS DO YOU PROJECT YOUR SHORT STORY WILL BE?: No idea. A short story shouldn't have chapters, in my opinion.
TITLE OF YOUR SHORT STORY: Once again, not sure. I don't want to make a tentative title

I HAVE READ, AND AGREE WITH THE OFFICIAL GUIDELINES, AND I WILL UPHOLD THE HIGHEST STANDARD OF INTEGRITY THROUGHOUT THIS OFFICIAL COMPETITION (tl;dr, I will not plagiarize, nor will I criticize another member's work).
Agreed.

RE: ATTENTION, WRITERS: First Quarterly PokéBeach Short Story Competition (WITH APPLICATION INCLUDED)

Serperior said:
USERNAME: [mod]Serperior[/mod]
JOIN DATE: Haha, seven years ago in October. Wow, it's been a while.
HOW MUCH TIME DO YOU SPEND, ON AVERAGE, WRITING?: A little every day, maybe a half hour here, half hour there. I take time to compete the Haiku Competitions, as you can see.
HOW MANY CHAPTERS DO YOU PROJECT YOUR SHORT STORY WILL BE?: No idea. A short story shouldn't have chapters, in my opinion.
TITLE OF YOUR SHORT STORY: Once again, not sure. I don't want to make a tentative title

I HAVE READ, AND AGREE WITH THE OFFICIAL GUIDELINES, AND I WILL UPHOLD THE HIGHEST STANDARD OF INTEGRITY THROUGHOUT THIS OFFICIAL COMPETITION (tl;dr, I will not plagiarize, nor will I criticize another member's work).
Agreed.

Accepted.

Usually, I sign up for these contests and never actually do them.
But, three months is definitely enough time to get something on the plate.

USERNAME: HypnoticChairman
HOW MUCH TIME DO YOU SPEND, ON AVERAGE, WRITING?: Not too often, but when I do, it's usually 3+ hour spurts
HOW MANY CHAPTERS DO YOU PROJECT YOUR SHORT STORY WILL BE?: Erm.. 6 is a good number, I'll shoot for that.
TITLE OF YOUR SHORT STORY: Tenatively "Catalysts"

I HAVE READ, AND AGREE WITH THE terms or serviceOFFICIAL GUIDELINES, AND I WILL UPHOLD THE HIGHEST STANDARD OF INTEGRITY THROUGHOUT THIS OFFICIAL COMPETITION (tl;dr, I will not plagiarize, nor will I criticize another member's work).

Accepted.

-Dustin DeVine

Are we allowed to start writing, or do we wait until Sign ups are finished?

James86134 said:

I'm almost done with my short story already. I'm pretty sure you can start writing as soon as you sign up.

DNA said:
James86134 said:

I'm almost done with my short story already. I'm pretty sure you can start writing as soon as you sign up.

This.

Short stories entered BEFORE the contest OFFICIALLY begins will be disqualified, though.

Wow. DNA. I'm shocked. Little astounded that you have a yours almost finished. I'm one chapter in... Maybe I'm just very pedantic and paranoid.
I started writing my second chapter today, I just wasn't sure if we were allowed to.

I have a question that I think hasn't been answered. I saw a minimum amount of words that you had to have per chapter. Is there a maximum amount?

James86134 said:
Wow. DNA. I'm shocked. Little astounded that you have a yours almost finished.
I had some spare time this weekend, so why not?

Rally said:
I have a question that I think hasn't been answered. I saw a minimum amount of words that you had to have per chapter. Is there a maximum amount?
No.

You know what, screw it. I'm in. I don't do too much writing these days, and I haven't touched fanfics in ages, but it seems like it could be fun, and I certainly have the free time these days.

USERNAME: Artemis
HOW MUCH TIME DO YOU SPEND, ON AVERAGE, WRITING?: Depends on what I'm working on and levels of inspiration. Minimum is zero, but I've spent up to 8 hours in a single day when working on a novel.
HOW MANY CHAPTERS DO YOU PROJECT YOUR SHORT STORY WILL BE?: I tend not to structure my short stories into chapters, so... one? I'm guessing it'll probably be about 10k words or so, though, if that's acceptable. Obviously I haven't started yet, so I can tweak if necessary.
TITLE OF YOUR SHORT STORY: Breath of Grace

I HAVE READ, AND AGREE WITH THE OFFICIAL GUIDELINES, AND I WILL UPHOLD THE HIGHEST STANDARD OF INTEGRITY THROUGHOUT THIS OFFICIAL COMPETITION (tl;dr, I will not plagiarize, nor will I criticize another member's work). Of course!

Artemis said:
You know what, screw it. I'm in. I don't do too much writing these days, and I haven't touched fanfics in ages, but it seems like it could be fun, and I certainly have the free time these days.

USERNAME: Artemis
HOW MUCH TIME DO YOU SPEND, ON AVERAGE, WRITING?: Depends on what I'm working on and levels of inspiration. Minimum is zero, but I've spent up to 8 hours in a single day when working on a novel.
HOW MANY CHAPTERS DO YOU PROJECT YOUR SHORT STORY WILL BE?: I tend not to structure my short stories into chapters, so... one? I'm guessing it'll probably be about 10k words or so, though, if that's acceptable. Obviously I haven't started yet, so I can tweak if necessary.
TITLE OF YOUR SHORT STORY: Breath of Grace

I HAVE READ, AND AGREE WITH THE OFFICIAL GUIDELINES, AND I WILL UPHOLD THE HIGHEST STANDARD OF INTEGRITY THROUGHOUT THIS OFFICIAL COMPETITION (tl;dr, I will not plagiarize, nor will I criticize another member's work). Of course!

Accepted. :)

One more question... And hopefully the last.

Are we allowed to get advice from outside sources. Like a local writer or an English Teacher?

James86134 said:
One more question... And hopefully the last.

Are we allowed to get advice from outside sources. Like a local writer or an English Teacher?

You may ask an outside source, but you may NOT, under any circumstances, ask another contestant (or member, for that matter) for help -- that is cheating.

If you have any suspicions of cheating, do not hesitate to PM me.

USERNAME: TheGuy
HOW MUCH TIME DO YOU SPEND, ON AVERAGE, WRITING?: It depends on the week. When I'm not working on anything in particularly, I won't write at all. This summer though, I'm planning for a couple of hours a week, now that school is over (And that dreaded novel we wrote in class).
HOW MANY CHAPTERS DO YOU PROJECT YOUR SHORT STORY WILL BE?: I'll be going for 10, I have no way of knowing for sure though.
TITLE OF YOUR SHORT STORY: Space Coats

Yes.

Accepted.

-Dustin DeVine

USERNAME:
CloudlessRayne
HOW MUCH TIME DO YOU SPEND, ON AVERAGE, WRITING?:
When I have inspiration, a lot of time. Currently I am in a bit of a low so this contest will be fun to get me typing again.
HOW MANY CHAPTERS DO YOU PROJECT YOUR SHORT STORY WILL BE?:
Honestly, I'm not even sure of what plot I am gonna have, but I will aim at around 7.
TITLE OF YOUR SHORT STORY:
Subject to change: Unexpected?

Yup, Got it, and agreed.

CloudlessRayne, your application has been accepted.

Remember, contestants, the FQPBSSC begins TOMORROW, 1 June! Applications will be accepted through 10 June.

:D

Good luck!

THE CONTEST HAS OFFICIALLY BEGUN! Please post your entries when you have completed, and proofread your stories.

RE: ATTENTION, WRITERS: First Quarterly PokéBeach Short Story Competition (WITH APPLICATION INCLUDED) **THE CONTEST HAS OFFICIALLY BEGUN**

Bump.

RE: ATTENTION, WRITERS: First Quarterly PokéBeach Short Story Competition (WITH APPLICATION INCLUDED) **THE CONTEST HAS OFFICIALLY BEGUN**

(I have mine all ready; I just need to proof it before putting it up.)

DNA said:
(I have mine all ready; I just need to proof it before putting it up.)

:O I haven't even started!

Back