Pokemon First Live Action Pokemon Movie in the Works, Features Detective Pikachu!

Not to mention the previously stated fear that having Pokemon actually, physically battle may draw PETA and other idiots who think it's too similar to rooster/dog fighting. Detective Pikachu is a safe bet for the first movie.

Actually physically battle? The Pokemon will be CGI, I don't see how that equals "actually, physically" battling. There have been nearly 20 2D animated Pokemon films. Being 3D animation doesn't suddenly mean the Pokemon are real. PETA and "other idiots" are just that, idiots. PETA is a joke of an organization and there is no way this film being based on Detective Pikachu is related to that at all.

Yes, Detective Pikachu is a "safe bet." A safe bet that we won't see a worthwhile live-action Pokemon film for years and years.

Actually physically battle? The Pokemon will be CGI, I don't see how that equals "actually, physically" battling. There have been nearly 20 2D animated Pokemon films. Being 3D animation doesn't suddenly mean the Pokemon are real. PETA and "other idiots" are just that, idiots. PETA is a joke of an organization and there is no way this film being based on Detective Pikachu is related to that at all.

Yes, Detective Pikachu is a "safe bet." A safe bet that we won't see a worthwhile live-action Pokemon film for years and years.

Its hard to say. A lot of people can't act and some people can't give direction and some can't act around such a small character. TPC/i has a bad habit of getting people who can't do either of these things to act. Pokken Tournament is the latest example of bad voice actors. If they are going to do something like this, it should just be fully CG but Im willing to wait and see what happens. Still not watching it though.

Back