Help First League Challenge with Golisopod/Garb

formula1man

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
Hi folks

I attended my first premier event on the weekend and played my Golisopod/Garb deck. I did fairly well and came 7th out of 27 competitors so got some points and was quite pleased. I ran with a thinner line of garb as in testing I was really struggling to get the deck moving as quick as I'd like. The deck ran very well in the comp except for one major problem. I was struggling to get the 1 energy I needed to fuel Golisopod and a couple of times had the energy but just couldn't activate the first impression so I was delayed by a couple of turns, which is not ideal for this deck.

I beat a metagross in match one, just. Won the 3rd match in 3 minutes due to my opponent dead drawing.

Second game got a fire deck so instant loss there.

I tied with an espeon/garb, but this was my worst game in regards to energy and first impression. Could have easily won this if I got the energy when I needed it

Beat an inferior Golisopod build fourth and ran fairly well

Lastly beat a greninja which was due to weakness.

So I'm not sure if there is anything I can change in this deck to help with consistency. I didn't feel like I needed a third Lele as when I've got garbotoxin running I can't run it. I never prized gaebotoxin or Brigette when I needed it so guess I was lucky, but I didn't feel like I was missing a second of either.

Pokemon x17

4x Wimpod

3x Golisopod GX

3x Trubbish

2x Garbodor GRI

1x Garbodor BKP

2x Tapu Lele GX

2x Tapu Koko

Supporters x16

4x Professor Sycamore

4x N

4x Guzma