First “Crimson Haze” Cards Revealed, Including Bloodmoon Ursaluna ex!

Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
The first cards from Crimson Haze have just been revealed at Japan’s Championship League Fukuoka!
Bloodmoon Ursaluna ex – Colorless – HP260
Basic Pokemon
Ability: Elder’s Technique
This Pokémon’s Blood Moon attack costs 1 [C] less to use for each Prize card your opponent has already taken.
[C][C][C][C][C] Blood Moon: 240 damage. This Pokémon can’t attack during your next turn
Pokemon ex rule: When your Pokemon ex is Knocked Out, your opponent takes 2 Prize cards.
Weakness: Fighting (x2)
Resistance: none
Retreat: 3...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:
So blood moon is basic ex radiant zard, scream tail is something about supporter cards (maybe cant be played by opponent next turn) and hair smash (120 discard energy from opponents active pokemon). t-tar is something that affects all rule box pokemon except future and the 140 and return 1 energy. rough translation idk

Unfair Stamp is fudging cracked. I’m glad they’re making Ace Specs that actually compete with Prime Catcher and Maximum Belt. Meanwhile, Iron Thorns ex with its Path ability is insane against all the top decks in Japan and Bloodmoon Ursaluna ex has the highest hp on a basic 2-prizer iirc, with a really good ability and attack (but it seems like it might by outclassed by RadZard in this format). Enhanced Hammer reprint is awesome and long overdue, and it will see a good amount of play. Lucky Helmet reprint is kinda interesting; it might see some scattered usage like in its previous format, especially because Arven makes it very easy to get and a draw support tool doesn’t really exist in the current format. Everything else is mid to bad.

I was hoping that Dipplin would get a good ability that would come in handy when it eventually evolves into Hydrapple, but oh well. I hope that an Applin-line deck becomes viable in the future at some point, because it’s the only evolutionary line that splits in three path, with two being stage 1 and the third being stage 2. That would be an interesting dynamic if, say, Dipplin had a draw ability, Hydrapple ex was a strong two-prize attacker, Flapple was a strong one-prize attacker, and Appletun had a unique support ability, or something like that.

Last edited:
Unfair Stamp is fudging cracked. I’m glad they’re making Ace Specs that actually compete with Prime Catcher and Maximum Belt. Meanwhile, Iron Thorns ex with its Path ability is insane against all the top decks in Japan and Bloodmoon Ursaluna ex has the highest hp on a basic 2-prizer iirc, with a really good ability and attack (but it seems like it might by outclassed by RadZard in this format). Enhanced Hammer reprint is awesome and long overdue, and it will see a good amount of play. Lucky Helmet reprint is kinda interesting; it might see some scattered usage like in its previous format, especially because Arven makes it very easy to get and a draw support tool doesn’t really exist in the current format. Everything else is mid to bad.

I was hoping that Dipplin would get a good ability that would come in handy when it eventually evolves into Hydrapple, but oh well. I hope that an Applin-line deck becomes viable in the future at some point, because it’s the only evolutionary line that splits in three path, with two being stage 1 and the third being stage 2. That would be an interesting dynamic if, say, Dipplin had a draw ability, Hydrapple ex was a strong two-prize attacker, Flapple was a strong one-prize attacker, and Appletun had a unique support ability, or something like that.
Exactly what I was feeling with the Applin line. I would love to see players rocking a Hydrapple deck in a similar box to something like current Gardevoir with how dynamic it gets inside the limits of one evolution tree.

I mentioned it on Twitter, but the Bear is perfect for forretress. An even better match than Forretress/wo-chien.
310 hp with charm, 360 with cape. Access to penny. And you can still play Wo-chien and shaymin, and iron leaves as a pivot/tech.

Deck doesn't seem bad at all.

Back