Help Finding a Sealed 1st Edition Base Set Booster Box

jessalakasam

Floette is love Floette is life
Anyone know where I'd be able to purchase a sealed 1st edition Base set box? I can't find them anywhere online, not even for an absurd price. If it helps I'd be willing to buy it for somewhere around $11,000. Thanks in advance :D

Here is an interesting question: Is there such a thing as a sealed 1st Edition Base Set booster box any longer? With the popularization of finding and opening them on youtube as a way to increase viewer/subscriber counts within the past few years, it's a legitimate question. Has the last sealed 1stEd. base-set box on the entire planet already been opened? Maybe there really aren't anymore left... Gone forever, fun while it lasted, etcetera. Even if there still are some out there... how many? I don't imagine many. It's been around 20 years, and I can't imagine most people who spend the funds to buy one intending on saving it to resell in the future. It's all a trade off to invest in a social media channel. Combine that with the fact that there have been many forum posts and even some news articles posted about these boxes and their value and it just speeds up the inevitable tapping out of resources. Maybe we've already reached the point where the only new boxes posted on eBay for the rest of time will be fakes/counterfeits.

Here is an interesting question: Is there such a thing as a sealed 1st Edition Base Set booster box any longer? With the popularization of finding and opening them on youtube as a way to increase viewer/subscriber counts within the past few years, it's a legitimate question. Has the last sealed 1stEd. base-set box on the entire planet already been opened? Maybe there really aren't anymore left... Gone forever, fun while it lasted, etcetera. Even if there still are some out there... how many? I don't imagine many. It's been around 20 years, and I can't imagine most people who spend the funds to buy one intending on saving it to resell in the future. It's all a trade off to invest in a social media channel. Combine that with the fact that there have been many forum posts and even some news articles posted about these boxes and their value and it just speeds up the inevitable tapping out of resources. Maybe we've already reached the point where the only new boxes posted on eBay for the rest of time will be fakes/counterfeits.
I know A LOT of people have them in their collections, actually last week I met someone who had one

That being said, if they are in their collections they are not likely to want to sell them for any amount. It's still comes to the same result. Just out of luck.

Why? It's literally a box
Haven't you ever seen the episode of Spongebob where they have fun in a big box
latest

Back