Final Fantasy IV

dmaster

Aspiring Trainer
Elite Member
Advanced Member
As most Final Fantasy junkies will know, it's yet another reamake of Final Fantasy IV coming out in a few days for the DS. The game has CG Animations, a far cry from the previous GBA, PS, and SNES graphics before it. The game is also confirmed to have abilities in the game, sort of like TMs in Pokemon. They grant extra effects during battle, and it's definately something different in this fourth iteration. I myself have been hyped for this for almost a year, and it's now coming out. I'm getting it tomorrow, as I've never played FF IV before, and if you haven't, I already recommend this game.

Discuss anything Final Fantasy IV here!

dmaster out.

IT IS A REMAKE OF #2! >.< its not #4 its #2!i have those games 1-5 7-12i dont have 6 however.

Luna, It is both two and four. Originally America only got one of the three Final Fantasy titles for the NES, and only two of the three FF titles for the SNES. The only NES title America was given was the first, and because we didn't get the second or third FFIV was released as FFII. Then we were given Mystic Quest as a replacement for FFV (though it hardly counts). Later we were given FFVI under the name FFIII. Because you have the original copy released in America, it says it is the second, but it is really the fourth. Later, however, we were given the games we missed, and so FFII became known as FFIV in America, as well as Japan.

Final Fantasy IV was on the SNES in the U.S but with a different name. This is a remake of that game, the one on Playstation, and the recent one on the GBA. No more name confusion. :] Anyway, I just picked it up and I will be playing it as much as I can for the next two weeks, and even on the plane ride back home to AZ.

dmaster out.

Is there any info because I haven't played Final Fantasy before.
I love DS games so I'm getting it. OMG DMASTER YOUR BACK.

Mr.Spammy said:
the only thing I hate about this game is the bar at the bottom.its better when its turn based.

You do realize that the original FF4 used the ATB bar as well, right?

It wasn't displayed on the screen on the SNES version due to lack of space, but it was there internally. A visible bar was added to the GBA port, but oddly enough they left the bugs from the original game intact -- so you still occasionally get a turn on a character with an empty bar, but with the GBA version you get to see that the bar is empty.

Anyway, I picked FF4DS up today but haven't had a chance to play it yet. I'll post some thoughts once I do.

They're remaking it for the DS? :D
Now I don't have to use a Rom of it with crappy graphics :D

lol the time bar makes u think.any thoughts about the new wi-fi feature with the sprite summon?

Lol at the Whyt thing. The math problems are mind bending :0

The Active-Time-Battle system (ATB;bars) are fine for me, and I'm used to having it turn-based as well. At least you know who's going to attack first, unlike other FF titles. Right now, the turtle boss is being a real pain. ;/

Also, KG, why does this go in Misc., when it's clearly a Non-Pokemon thread? ;f

dmaster out.

Yeah. ;D I got the ROM. I barely started the game, but it looks interesting. The downside of FF3 was the entirely turn-based battle system, even simpler than the Pokemon system at that. I don't really understand the ATB system though; will the enemy still move if I leave the game there? As for the graphics, it's very nice for the DS, but compared to other games outside this horrible console, the graphics look kiddy. Really kiddy.

d master342 said:
Lol at the Whyt thing. The math problems are mind bending :0

The Active-Time-Battle system (ATB;bars) are fine for me, and I'm used to having it turn-based as well. At least you know who's going to attack first, unlike other FF titles. Right now, the turtle boss is being a real pain. ;/

Also, KG, why does this go in Misc., when it's clearly a Non-Pokemon thread? ;f

dmaster out.

what level are your people?

I just got the game today and it's really good so far.
I'm not gonna suck out like I always did in the GBA version.
I'd never have expect his name was prenounced Se-seal. I always thought it was Cee-cil.
And...as I'm typing this I accidently left a battle going where I died _-_

(ZOMG! Silver is back :O)

Heh, I just bought this game and it's really really cool. The level-grinding isn't nearly as tedious as it was in FFIII for the DS, but it's still a bit...meh...

I'm like 99% sure I've been missing out on a lot of the augments you can get, though :(.

FFIII was just unbareable...
I can't stand FF games where you're limited to just the four/five people :[]
But with all the deaths in this one it's getting a bit to similair to Star Wars.
I mean come on, Porom and Palom get turned to stone, Tellah does because of his own spell, Yang locks himself in a room and blows up with a Golbez's ship thingy, Cid nearly gets himself killed off by jumping off the Air Ship.
^Yet SOMEHOW they all survive except Tellah because he actually dies before their eyes.

Bam said:
Heh, I just bought this game and it's really really cool. The level-grinding isn't nearly as tedious as it was in FFIII for the DS, but it's still a bit...meh...

I'm like 99% sure I've been missing out on a lot of the augments you can get, though :(.

Me too.

Augments suck, because Dualcast I really need now. :/ This is my first run through it though, so I'm sure to get most of them on more runs. FF III was good, but since it was the only remake in a while, the game felt too old to me. FF IV feels fresh. :]

Silver, please do not spoil.

dmaster out.

Back