• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Expanded Fighting Toolbox

joffreyspikes

Aspiring Trainer
Seeing the relative success that Zygarde-EX along with Carbink BREAK has had, I wanted to see how a potentially more consistent build would work in Expanded that used Landorus and Lucario-EX as well as Zygarde.

Pokémon: 12
3x Landorus-EX
2x Zygarde-EX
1x Lucario-EX
2x Carbink BREAK
1x Carbink (Safeguard)
1x Carbink (Energy Keeper)
2x Tapu Lele-GX

Trainers: 36
3x Professor Sycamore
3x Korrina
2x Lysandre
2x Colress
2x N
1x AZ

3x Ultra Ball
3x Fighting Fury Belt
3x Hypnotoxic Laser
2x Startling Megaphone
1x Super Rod
4x VS Seeker
1x Max Potion
1x Switch
1x Dowsing Machine

2x Silent Lab
2x Fighting Stadium

Energy: 12
8x Fighting Energy
4x Strong Energy

Things I was concerned about:

• Are 3 Lasers enough or should I max out? I couldn't decide between that and another Guzma, but as switching is very crucial in this deck, I went for Guzma.
  • Is there enough Energy?
  • Is Terrakion-EX necessary? If not, what should I add in its place?

Last edited:

TuxedoBlack

Old School Player
For Expanded-play tournaments, I run something similar featuring Landorus EX (1 of my favorite Pokémon of all time), but with only similar, 1-energy attackers.

Further, IMO, for F decks in Expanded games, both Korrina and Fighting Stadium are just too effective to exclude from the deck. With Korrina, not only can you get an F Pokémon, but you can also get a needed Item (e.g., FF Belt, Hypnotoxic Laser HtL), Max Potion, Swich, Wide Lens,etc.) as well when you play that Supporter.

For Expanded games, you can play Lysandre and VS Seeker; so, I'd strongly suggest incorporating those cards back into your deck.

Why no Hawlucha (FUF 63)?

By the way, have you considered running Landorus and Special Charge instead of the Carbink line?

Also, why no computer Search or Dowsing Machine which was a major staple of most Expanded decks?

In regards to your specific 3 concerns you listed:

• HtLs are great, but I too only run 3 - largely due to deck space. Also, I'm less concerned about the extra damage counter(s) resulting from playing the HtL with Virbank City Gym Stadium than wanting to inflict a lasting (hopefully) Sleep condition onto the Defending Pokémon.
  • I prefer running 8 F and 4 Strong energy.
  • I do not run Terrakion EX at all, since its first attack requires 2 energy and I do not see any "special" value or advantage it has versus Lucario EX or Zygarde EX.
Suggested deck changes for your consideration:

-3 Carbink
-3 Carbink BREAK
-1 Terrakion EX
-1 Professor Sycamore - 3 should be sufficient
-1 Colress - 2 should be sufficient
-3 Guzma - not really needed
-3 Heavy Ball - not really needed
-1 Choice Band - 3 should be sufficient
-4 Trainer's Mail - with Korrinna, TMs are really not needed
-2 Virbank City Gym - 3 seem excessive

+2 Landorus - Basic, non-EX attacker that can also recover F energy
+1 Computer Search / Dowsing Machine - searches and retrieves 1 card for your deck / discard pile
+1 Field Blower / Startling Megaphone - chances are you'll need 2 since most opponents will not commit to playing all his/her Tools at once
+2 Fighting Stadium
+3 Korrina - gets F Pokémon and 1 Item
+2 Lysandre
+1 Max Potion - outstanding for 1-energy attackers
+1 Parallel City - to remove unwanted/unneeded Pokémon from your bench or limit/disrupt your opponent's bench
+1 Pokémon Center Lady / Olympia - helps to get your (wounded) Active back to your bench when needed
+1 Switch
+1 Ultra Ball
+4 VS Seeker
+1 F energy

By the way, in some match-ups, you may find the Fighting Fury Belts are more advantageous than Choice Band (especially when you run Max Potion).

I hope you find these comments helpful.

joffreyspikes

Aspiring Trainer
For Expanded-play tournaments, I run something similar featuring Landorus EX (1 of my favorite Pokémon of all time), but with only similar, 1-energy attackers.

Further, IMO, for F decks in Expanded games, both Korrina and Fighting Stadium are just too effective to exclude from the deck. With Korrina, not only can you get an F Pokémon, but you can also get a needed Item (e.g., FF Belt, Hypnotoxic Laser HtL), Max Potion, Swich, Wide Lens,etc.) as well when you play that Supporter.

For Expanded games, you can play Lysandre and VS Seeker; so, I'd strongly suggest incorporating those cards back into your deck.

Why no Hawlucha (FUF 63)?

By the way, have you considered running Landorus and Special Charge instead of the Carbink line?

Also, why no computer Search or Dowsing Machine which was a major staple of most Expanded decks?

In regards to your specific 3 concerns you listed:

• HtLs are great, but I too only run 3 - largely due to deck space. Also, I'm less concerned about the extra damage counter(s) resulting from playing the HtL with Virbank City Gym Stadium than wanting to inflict a lasting (hopefully) Sleep condition onto the Defending Pokémon.
  • I prefer running 8 F and 4 Strong energy.
  • I do not run Terrakion EX at all, since its first attack requires 2 energy and I do not see any "special" value or advantage it has versus Lucario EX or Zygarde EX.
Suggested deck changes for your consideration:

-3 Carbink
-3 Carbink BREAK
-1 Terrakion EX
-1 Professor Sycamore - 3 should be sufficient
-1 Colress - 2 should be sufficient
-3 Guzma - not really needed
-3 Heavy Ball - not really needed
-1 Choice Band - 3 should be sufficient
-4 Trainer's Mail - with Korrinna, TMs are really not needed
-2 Virbank City Gym - 3 seem excessive

+2 Landorus - Basic, non-EX attacker that can also recover F energy
+1 Computer Search / Dowsing Machine - searches and retrieves 1 card for your deck / discard pile
+1 Field Blower / Startling Megaphone - chances are you'll need 2 since most opponents will not commit to playing all his/her Tools at once
+2 Fighting Stadium
+3 Korrina - gets F Pokémon and 1 Item
+2 Lysandre
+1 Max Potion - outstanding for 1-energy attackers
+1 Parallel City - to remove unwanted/unneeded Pokémon from your bench or limit/disrupt your opponent's bench
+1 Pokémon Center Lady / Olympia - helps to get your (wounded) Active back to your bench when needed
+1 Switch
+1 Ultra Ball
+4 VS Seeker
+1 F energy

By the way, in some match-ups, you may find the Fighting Fury Belts are more advantageous than Choice Band (especially when you run Max Potion).

I hope you find these comments helpful.
Thank you very much for the changes. Carbink BREAK is a must for me, however, as plonking the Special Energy right onto the Pokémon is much more useful than having to search for it. Also, Special Charge is an item which I cannot play under Vileplume lock.

Furious Fists Hawlucha is something I will definitely include, just because it is so energy-efficient. Free retreat is always nice, too.

I like your point about the healing options: Olympia and PCL. However, I couldn't really see Max Potion working in this deck because Carbink BREAK and Hawlucha are the only real 1 energy attackers.

What was I thinking not including Korrina! Yes, this card is phenomenally useful and I must put a few in.

Last edited:

TuxedoBlack

Old School Player
... I like your point about the healing options: Olympia and PCL. However, I couldn't really see Max Potion working in this deck because Carbink BREAK and Hawlucha are the only real 1 energy attackers....
Hawlucha, Landorus, Landorus EX, Lucario EX and Zygarde GX are all 1-energy attackers which can be mixed depending upon the match-up. However, most (really "all" ...lol) times, I want to start with Landorus EX!!! The early game 30-50/30-60 (with Wide Lens) damage spread is awesome and applies early pressure as your benched Pokémon are powered-up. The Max Potion allows me to continue utilizing my initial Landorus EX for a few extra turns sometimes allowing me time to take 2-3 prizes...

Also, in Expanded tournaments, you should encounter such favorite Expanded Pokémon like Seismitoad EX and Yveltal EX. I can share with you a few tips how I counter those decks if you want - just PM me..

Lastly, you may also want to find room for 1 Hex Maniac too.

Last edited:

gumball51321

*thumbs up*
Why no AZ? It 100% outclasses Olympia in every way. The list looks fine, but there are things I would play if I took this to a serious tourney.

1. Silent Lab: This card is absolutely AMAZING in expanded. Being able to shut down Shaymins, Leles, Keldeos, Volcanions, etc. is just so good. I would play a 2-2 split of Fighting Stadium and Silent Lab.
2. Baby Landorus: Like @TuxedoBlack said, this card is amazing for getting energy back, plus, it's a basic, so it can get going T1.
3. Hawlucha: Again, an amazing basic attacker that can get going T1
4. ... Actually, I'll just post my list:

Pokemon:10
  • 2 Landorus-EX
  • 1 Lucario-EX
  • 2 Zygarde-EX
  • 2 Hawlucha
  • 1 Landorus
  • 1 Tapu Lele GX
  • 1 Shaymin-EX

Trainers:40
  • 3 Sycamore