Fifa World Cup - South Africa 2010 - Spain Are The Champions!

RE: Fifa World Cup - South Africa 2010 - Uruguay v Holland

Spain completely dominated Germany. The final score doesnt reflect it but spain were the rightful winners. I cant wait for the final. Im hoping Spain can win but I wouldnt mind either of them winning since I like both teams.

I think the Netherlands will squeak out a close fought win. Both teams haven't won the World Cup yet, but Holland had their heart broken 2 times before. Time for the old 'third times the charm' for Holland.

SinRaven said:
Two capitals? We only have one. And just two of our three largest cities are in holland (north-holland and south-holland).
On maps over here, The Hague is listed as another capital, even though I believe it's just the seat of government (?). It's a little weird.

According to THE INTERNET (which is never wrong), the largest cities in the Netherlands are Amsterdam (North), Rotterdam, and The Hague (both South).

I digress!

I hope Netherlands crushes Spain. Netherlands deserves a goddamned World Cup.

Spain was dominating throughout and had great defence and attack. I want Holland to win, and I think Germany will come third on Saturday.

kashmaster said:
Spain completely dominated Germany. The final score doesnt reflect it but spain were the rightful winners. I cant wait for the final. Im hoping Spain can win but I wouldnt mind either of them winning since I like both teams.

I wouldn't say Spain completely dominated Germany but they certainly were more threatening than the Germans. As for the final, I like both teams but I would prefer Holland to win. It will be heartbreaking for whoever loses.

Zenith said:
On maps over here, The Hague is listed as another capital, even though I believe it's just the seat of government (?). It's a little weird.

According to THE INTERNET (which is never wrong), the largest cities in the Netherlands are Amsterdam (North), Rotterdam, and The Hague (both South).

I digress!

I hope Netherlands crushes Spain. Netherlands deserves a goddamned World Cup.

You're correct, The Hague (or Den Haag as we call it) is just the city where all our governmental issues are done. It's not a capital of our country, but it is the capital of the province South-Holland. (Amsterdam is the capital of our country and lies in North-Holland but Haarlem is the capital of North-Holland..)

And I thought Utrecht was the third place in largest cities, but The Hague beats it. Utrecht comes in fourth ;)!

And I like the support of everyone. Is it me or are the Netherlands favourite for the title?
Everybody here is really excited for the upcoming match.

Germany lost, because Spain just had way too much possession on the German half of the field. :(

I guess it's time to root for the Netherlands.

Well, you win 9 times out of 10 if you win the possession battle. It'll be a hard fought matchup and one miscue could cost one country their first ever World Cup.

Germany played a really good game against Uraguay today and deservadly won.

Germany won and came in third place! Yays!

I'm going to guess 2-1 Holland.

Neither the Netherlands nor Spain will win. The winner this year will be the Vuvuzela.

BUZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!!!

I think Holland will win. The third time will be the charm for them.

Halftime update:

NED - 0
ESP - 0

Will Ned beat the psychics? Watch ABC to find out!

It's going to be 1-0 Netherlands.
I hope it doesn't go to Penalty Kicks like last time...

Lol. In England its on both the main channels.

Back