• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard FerroLash (Ferrothorn / Muk / Slowking)

David Novak

NonMeta
Hello again! throwing around some nonmeta deck ideas to throw off a lot of people in my upcoming event. Very unusual and very funny deck idea so here me out :)

Pokemon: 16
  • 3 Ferrothorn BREAKpoint 80
  • 3 Ferroseed BREAKpoint 79
  • 3 Team Aqua's Muk Double Crisis 8
  • 3 Team Aqua's Grimer Double Crisis 7
  • 2 Slowpoke BREAKpoint 19
  • 2 Slowking BREAKpoint 21
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums: 35
  • 3 Crushing Hammer
  • 2 Enhanced Hammer
  • 2 Professor Sycamore
  • 1 Lysandre
  • 2 Float Stone
  • 3 Team Aqua's Secret Base
  • 3 Shauna
  • 2 Super Rod
  • 3 Switch
  • 1 Escape Rope
  • 3 Ultra Ball
  • 3 Heavy Ball
  • 3 Trainers' Mail
  • 2 Acro Bike
  • 1 Startling Megaphone
  • 1 Bridgette
Energy: 9
  • 5 Metal Energy
  • 4 Double Colorless Energy
Strategy:

This deck is just a really big middle finger stall. Our only attacker is Ferrothorn. His main attack is a Metal and a DCE to do 10x the number of retreat cost on all opponents Pokemon. This is greatly increased with Team aqua cards. Team aquas secret base increases all non team aquas retreat by 2 then Muk increases it by 1. The stadium and 2 Muks increases it by 4 plus whatever they have. Slowking is to cause shenanigans by repeatedly moving energy off the active to Pokemon the energy is useless to or even pokemon that cant hold a certain special energy so its automatically discarded. If Slowking misses we have hammers to as a secondary wall.

Been trying this out on PTCG and made some changes. I had trouble setting up and drawing supporters so here are the changes I made

-1 Grimer
-1 Muk
-2 Shauna
-1 Escape Rope
-3 Heavy Ball
-2 Acro Bike
-1 Trainer Mail

+2 Shaymin-EX
+1 Megaphone
+4 VS Seeker
+1 Super Rod
+2 Sycamore
+1 Wally

This allows you to go a little more discard heavy and not worry about discarding so many pokemon because you can just super rod them back.

I have had some success with this but most of the time ferrothorn ends up dead before I can get energy on him, or I get locked out by Trev decks. I think fitting a FFB would help.

you could consider to add wide lens and one jolteon from ancient origins, so you could hit shaymin for weakness on the bench...
don't know if it is not already to clunky to pull all of this things out.

Been trying this out on PTCG and made some changes. I had trouble setting up and drawing supporters so here are the changes I made

-1 Grimer
-1 Muk
-2 Shauna
-1 Escape Rope
-3 Heavy Ball
-2 Acro Bike
-1 Trainer Mail

+2 Shaymin-EX
+1 Megaphone
+4 VS Seeker
+1 Super Rod
+2 Sycamore
+1 Wally

This allows you to go a little more discard heavy and not worry about discarding so many pokemon because you can just super rod them back.

I have had some success with this but most of the time ferrothorn ends up dead before I can get energy on him, or I get locked out by Trev decks. I think fitting a FFB would help.

Fighting Fury Belt doesn't work with Ferrothorn

Also, why 1 Muk less? It has no sense

As suggested before, I would play it with wide lens and eeveelutions. Jolteon against Shaymin, Flareon against Vespiqueen and Vaporeon against fire types, which are Ferro's main problem. So, maybe:

-2 Slowpoke
-2 Slowking
-1 Bridgette
-2 Float Stone

+2 Eevee
+1 Jolteon
+1 Flareon
+1 Vaporeon
+2 Wide Lens

Fighting Fury Belt doesn't work with Ferrothorn

Also, why 1 Muk less? It has no sense

As suggested before, I would play it with wide lens and eeveelutions. Jolteon against Shaymin, Flareon against Vespiqueen and Vaporeon against fire types, which are Ferro's main problem. So, maybe:

-2 Slowpoke
-2 Slowking
-1 Bridgette
-2 Float Stone

+2 Eevee
+1 Jolteon
+1 Flareon
+1 Vaporeon
+2 Wide Lens
You are right, sorry about that.

I removed a Muk line because getting out 2 Muk is hard enough, and if you don't have the energy, float stone, or switch to retreat then you are always going to lose to a Lysandre. Is this deck trying to be disruptive or max out damage with Muk? I went with the disruption and left Slowking in and just chip away at the bench as apposed to trying to take 6 prizes in 1 turn.

I would actually suggest bridgette. It helps you set up more consistently. Maybe drop the slowking for octillary for more card draw.

Last edited:
I tried so hard to make this deck work, but Ferrothorn dies so quickly in most setups and it takes so long to get everything out and set up, in the end it just wasn't working for me. I really like the concept though.

Back