• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Feel the rainbow, taste the rainbow!

Tequila

Aspiring Trainer
Monsters

4x Xerneas (BKT)
2x Pawniard (STS)
1x Bisharp (STS)
2x Joltik (STS)
1x Galvantula (STS)
1x Carbink (Safe Guard)
1x Mew (FTS)
2x Remoraid (BKT)
2x Octillary (BKT)

Stadiums
2x Silent Lab

Items
3x Max Elixir
3x Ultra Ball
4x VS Seeker
1x Special Charge
3x Level Ball

Tools:
2x Float Stone
3x Fighting Fury Belt

Supporters:
4x Professor Sycamore
2x Brigette
2x Lysandre
2x N
1x Pokémon Ranger

Energy:
8x Fairy Energy
4x Double Colorless Energy

Strategy:
You probably already guessed it so basically fill up the bench and use Xerneas 'Rainbow Force' attack. I chose to use a Non EX veriant for two reasons:

1) Keeps the wallet healthy
2) It's always nice to beat a EX heavy (expensive decks) without any EX cards lol

Please feel free to offer any constructive criticism.

Indeed it does stop Carbink and Mew but 9 times out of 10 the Silent Lab is more effective anyway, I don't just drop Silent Lab when I draw it unless I need to.

For example I'd rather have Silent Lab down against a Volcanion deck rather than Mew's or Carbink's ability. Mew's and Carbink's ability aren't really needed but there nice to fall back on at times.

+1 Bisharp
+1 Galvantula
+1 Volcanion EX
+3 Sky Field
+1 Ultra Ball
+1 Float Stone
+2 EXP. Share
+4 Trainers Mail
+1 Float Stone/Escape Rope

You need at least 2 of each Duel Type because if one of them is prized, that's 60 less damage. Volcanion EX is a no brainer, it's a simple drop for an extra 60 damage. And thanks to the recent Battle Heart tins, they are easier to find and trade for. I got mine last week just for a few non-holo rares. Sky Field is for being able to lay down all of your basics and still have room for another Xerneas. Ultra Ball is amazing in this deck because you can retrieve whatever you need. EXP. Share will save your life, and is such an amazing addition to this deck. 4 Trainers Mail is a must have in pretty much any deck. Without them, they're about as consistent as mud. The extra Float Stone is for Volcanion EX, otherwise an Escape Rope really is needed.

-2 Silent Lab
-1 Max Elixir
-3 Level Ball
-3 Fighting Fury Belt
-1 Brigette

Silent Lab does not belong in this deck. The only deck that you would need to shut off abilities is Greninja, but it wouldn't even work. Max Elixir isn't something you need 3 of. Especially with 2 EXP. Share. With 4 Ultra Ball, Level Ball becomes pretty much obsolete. With only 120 HP, Xerneas is a glass cannon. And since it's a one prize attacker, you can afford if one or 2 go down. Fighting Fury belt may save you for one more turn, but if you're not OHKOing everything, something is very wrong. Finally, Brigette is a little redundant since you have 2 copies of both Basic Duel Types. So drawing into them is super easy.

Anywho, I hope this helps. Rainbow Road is a super fun deck to play and it's a great showcase of what you can do without EXs attackers.

Thanks for the reply.

I have got a Volcanion EX but where I play octillary I found it wasn't that gooday because it lost its effectiveness as a duel type. I also tried running EXP. Share but found Max elixir better and when I ran both of them I found it very cumbersome (might just be me lol).

Trainer mail is something I've wanted to run but could find the space sadly, I might try removing 1x Bridge, 1x Special Charge and both silent lab to accommodate them.

Thanks for the reply.

I have got a Volcanion EX but where I play octillary I found it wasn't that gooday because it lost its effectiveness as a duel type. I also tried running EXP. Share but found Max elixir better and when I ran both of them I found it very cumbersome (might just be me lol).

Trainer mail is something I've wanted to run but could find the space sadly, I might try removing 1x Bridge, 1x Special Charge and both silent lab to accommodate them.
Yeah, that's something I forgot to mention. If you were to play Volcanion, you would have to remove the Octillary and play at least 1 Shaymin. The deck can work without Shaybae, but the way you have it set up kinda merits one copy.

Yeah I would love to run Shaymin but I can't merit spending £80 on 2 cards (need two ideally).

4 Xerneas BKT 107
2 Galvantula STS 42
2 Joltik STS 41
2 Bisharp STS 64
2 Pawniard STS 63
1 Carbink (Energy Keeper)
2-2 Octilliary

Trainer

2 Fighting Fury Belt
1 Float Stone
3 Max Elixir
4 Trainer's Mail
4 Ultra Ball
4 VS Seeker

1 Teammates
1 Brocks Grit
1 Lysandre
1 Brigette
2 N
4 Professor Sycamore

Stadium

3 Fairy Garden

Energy

8 Fairy Energy
4 Double Colorless Energy

Been playing around a bit more and I this is what I've settled for at the moment. I'm not to keen on fairy garden but after testing Sky field, Silent Lab & Parallel city I found it to be the most useful. All where pretty useless and a lot of the time where just used to get rid of opps stadium, but fairy garden came in hand against Lysandre and Escape rope.

Back