Discussion Fates colides Barbaracle a viable tech?

jix99

Imagine if Pichu was in splatoon :D
This Barbaracle is insane and can help in so many matchups!

Hand Block
ハンドブロック

If you have a Stadium card in play, your opponent can't attach any Special Energy cards from his or her hand to his or her Pokémon.
Claw Slash
ツメできりさく

This card is so good because it can help with Garb, Gardy, Golisopod, Ninetales, Rainbow road, Xerneas BREAK, And basically 90 percent of the format! I feel like this could be good in certain decks (specifically decks that run 3-4 stadiums) and cann be viable, what do you think?

The problem is that you need the stadium to be your stadium, not your opponents stadium. So on top of just field blowing the stadium off or ability-locking, your opponent can just play their stadium and not be hindered at all

It's a card I looked at but Field Blower makes it hard to commit to. My rule of thumb is if your strategy is based on a card that has to survive your opponent's turn, then it most likely isn't worth it.

I can see something cheeky with it in Expanded but that is only in lock decks.

In expanded you have Ninetales (PRC) you can prevent the counter stadium... but that's way too clunky and not at all worth it

Thanks for all your input know i'm thinking what if your using Garbodor so even if they do field blower it helps you. Also maybe in expanded with primal groudon because you almost always have a extra stadium.

It's an excellent card to shut off special energies on for (maybe) one turn, but you can count on it to be countered the next turn. Nonetheless, could be worth a try...

I considered adding Barbaracle to my Diancie EX deck, where I run 5 stadiums, but it is so situational to be worth the deck space. Not all decks in the current meta play special energies; the stadium in play needs to be yours; it's easily countered by opponent's stadiums or field blowers... Too many conditions.

Back