Farigiraf from “Crimson Haze”

JustInBasil

Grass-Type Gym Leader
News Staff
Girafarig and Farigiraf were just revealed from S5a Crimson Haze! The set will release in Japan on March 22nd. It should combine with April’s Mask of Change to form our Twilight Masquerade set in May.
Girafarig – Psychic – HP100
Basic Pokémon
[C] Both Heads: 30 damage. This attack also does 10 damage to 1 of your Benched Pokémon. (Don’t apply Weakness and Resistance for Benched Pokémon.)
Weakness: Darkness (x2)
Resistance: Fighting (-30)
Retreat: 1...

Continue reading...

Last edited:
Well it's definitely mid, that's fot sure. Outside of expanded sky field shenanigans it has a difficult to reach and maintain cap of 240, but unless you're spamming salvatore any knockout will set you back to 200, 180 with double turbo. There's better options for what this is trying to do, like Torterra BRS/ex.

Well, if you have a board full of them it does 240, which is not... terrible? However, setting it up quickly and consistently is another matter.
Could be a fun casual deck in H-on.

Girafarig was always an interesting Pokémon to me. It is not one of the most-neglected Pokémon, but in 23 years we had 10 Girafarig cards and now this is the 4th one in 14 months, and I like the illustration a lot.

I suppose you could use this in Hisuian zoroark Vstar, but there are probably better options.

Yay, another Farigiraf. Lets hope they bring back twin energy or somthing similar. We really need more than just reversal/ charisma.. I know there's xatu, but still.. ♊ ?

Last edited:
Theoretically can hit good damage and there are good stage 1s to pair alongside it, namely Xatu and Kirlia. But I'm not sold personally. This would be absolutely horrifying to play against if they reprinted Sky Field however
This reminds me that collapsed stadium makes it do 40 less max damage, while also countering any reprints of eternal zone-like abilities or, like you said, sky field. If only it was 60x.. ??

I suppose you could use this in Hisuian zoroark Vstar, but there are probably better options.
VSTARs are not considered Stage 1 pokémon, so pairing it in deck with one wouldn't increase its damage output.

Again, like Morpeko from the other day, this is a well-designed uncommon. It does decent enough damage to build a deck around it, or you could squeeze it into any deck already full of stage 1s to hit for psychic weakness. Technically fits in a ton of decks but works best in a deck built for it, which is a good uncommon in my eyes.

Also Shinji Kanda once again knocks it out of the park. Genuinely one of my favorite tcg artists

Was hoping for something better for one of my fav lines. Due to its Signature move, maybe give it a active and bench hit, would make it way better.

Back