Writing Fancy in Dreamland

Fancy

Aristocrat
Hello, all! I have been doing collaborations with a friend of mine, known as "Kliff" here on the forums. He isn't on much here, but feel free to say hello, these short stories wouldn't have been possible without him. :D

So, here we will be taking a trip into dreamland with a few short stories meant to be read right before bed.

The Purple Hedgehog​

Once upon a time... There was a lonely purple hedgehog, he was always told by his family that purple was the color of royalty, but now that they were gone, he always felt sad instead of happy. He would always feel blue, and then his rage would make him red in his heart. That was what he knew purple to be, red and blue, mad and sad.

He knew this loneliness because people shunned him and never got close, they were afraid they would get pricked by his outer spikes. And so, he continued walking alone being sad and mad at the world, nothing. No other emotion or color. He would look at the other people and animals playing happily together. His family had always said the world was full of colors, but how come he had only known those two? Red and blue. Sad and mad.

As he walked on looking at the other people and animals playing together he thought about what it must be like to have those friends and to know those different colors. A puppy that was playing fetch with her master noticed his gloomy demeanor and walked in front of the sad and mad purple hedgehog. "Why do you look so sad? Do you want to play fetch with me? I'm Trixi." She said and wagged her tail to cheer up the purple hedgehog.

The hedgehog's cheeks turned red but flashed back to its purple complexion and then with the loudest yell he could muster he screamed "I'm not sad, so go away!" Trixi nodded and her tail fell down as she walked away from the sad and mad hedgehog. The purple hedgehog envied her and how she had been so happy, and he refused to be pitied by the brighter colored animals.

Trixi traveled to one of her friends, the Wise Wolf, and told him about the Sad and Mad Hedgehog. The Wise Wolf nodded, "I used to be a lone wolf too, but then I realized that I'd rather be alone with my friends than alone with myself. And that has to be wisest thing that I have learned throughout my years," The Wise Wolf said, and closed his eyes in thought of a plan to help cheer up the sad, mad purple Hedgehog. Trixi silently waited looking up at the Wise Wolf, wondering

He sat in thought and then his tail swung up as he raised his paw, he knew what would cheer up the Purple Hedgehog. "Why not give him a hug? Everyone loves hugs," The Wise Wolf said. "That's brilliant! But his spikes will hurt us. Are you sure that's wise?" Trixi asked. "We need not hug him with our bare fur, but hug him with our own spiky armor," The Wise Wolf remarked to Trixi's fascination.

They spent the rest of the day gathering wood and supplies to make their spiky armor, and then when morning came and Trixi's owner took her out to the park, the Wise Wolf and Trixi had searched all over for the sad, mad Purple Hedgehog. The purple hedgehog was looking at a patch of flowers and noticed a lavender purple rose among all the other roses, the breeder had spent so much time and so much effort to make all of the roses, but the Purple Hedgehog could not fathom why the colors were so special.

He looked at the thorns that the Roses had, and noticed that even with their thorns, they were all together and growing happily. All different colors in the spectrum, living together. He then frowned and squealed "Why can't I be like that purple rose!" he yelled as water flowed from his eyes and his cheeks flushed a rosy red through his purple face.

Trixi and the Wolf had heard the Hedgehog and had ran toward him with the field of flowers, clad in their spiky armor. "Who says you can't?" The Wise Wolf said. The purple hedgehog looked up at the Wise Wolf and Trixi's armor and leaped back in surprise, as his tears stopped flowing and his cheeks turned back to its purple complexion.

"Leave me alone! I want to be alone.." The Purple Hedgehog said, but Trixi got closer and hugged the Hedgehog. His cheeks turned rosy red again, and he felt happy. They started to return back to purple before the Wise Wolf had also hugged the Hedgehog. The Hedgehog started crying once again and his cheeks turned even redder. "You don't have to cry, you aren't alone," Trixi said.

"It's not that, it's that... I've never been hugged before!" The Purple Hedgehog said as a smile came to his face, and the Wise Wolf and Trixi looked at each other and grinned. "Don't worry, it's the first of many."

Back