Fakemon Competition #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I WAS going to computer edit mine, but i have to go to my dads... no computer... AND no scanner... and i wont be back until monday, AFTER the deadline, so I am going to have to drop out...
GOOD LUCK EVERYONE

GODZILLA said:
Here's a picture to show the progress on my entry:

This is the male form of the split-evolution. It's a Bug/Dragon Pokemon (I.e. a literal dragonfly) that is very quick and nimble in the air, but a clumsy yet fast runner. It snatches prey either in the air or ambushes and chases them down in tall grass. I don't imagine him to be more than waist high in stature, so to compensate for its size and fragility, it is hyper aggressive, hissing menacingly and displaying the pattern on its wings to make itself look bigger.

This took me about a week to design and 7 (straight) hours to finalize. Hopefully I'll be able to finish the other two by the 16th. ;f
I like the idea of that one 'cept, It's a bit close to being like Masquerain with the whole intimidating wing style thing :p otherwise it looks good.

Bacon, you're too good. lol

I dunno if i'll finish my entry before the deadline but i'm about to restart working on it in a few minutes. >:]

scampy i dont think the brownish orange goes well with the neon green tbh but the block shading looks fine ^_^

The Assassin said:
I like the idea of that one 'cept, It's a bit close to being like Masquerain with the whole intimidating wing style thing...

I took a look at Masquerain after I read this and you're right, Masquerain does have glaring eyes on its wings. You say my drawing looks "a bit close to Masquerain", but I don't understand how it does. Odinotar is a completely different creature that resembles Masquerain very little except for the wing patterns. I don't want to argue about this because I agree that the eye patterns are similar, but I'd appreciate it if elaborated on how Odinotar having a similar wing pattern to Masquerain is a detraction.

GODZILLA said:
I took a look at Masquerain after I read this and you're right, Masquerain does have glaring eyes on its wings. You say my drawing looks "a bit close to Masquerain", but I don't understand how it does. Odinotar is a completely different creature that resembles Masquerain very little except for the wing patterns. I don't want to argue about this because I agree that the eye patterns are similar, but I'd appreciate it if elaborated on how Odinotar having a similar wing pattern to Masquerain is a detraction.
lol i exaggerated a bit. Don't worry about it, it isn't as close to looking like masquerain as i made it seem. :]

Looks cool Phazon, but you say just a glimps, but the deadline is tomorrow. Hope you finish in time.

....all you guys were able to computer edit/enhance your pics....lucky...

Evil shrimp thing from MARS

BugWater.png

I'll work on names+dex entries later. Also, from the time of this very post, you guys have about 24 hours left to get your entries in.

okay this was taken with my phone just to get this up quick :]

11hwhts.jpg

I just sketched that up and thought "wow that looks pretty sick" so i'm just puttin this up here to show some progress from Clay :p This post will probably be my final post with all three pictures and Dex info.

BugandGround.png

Pebrey [Pebble + Prey]
(Pe-Bray)
Species: The Prey Pokemon
Height: 0'09"
Weight: 34 lbs.
Type: Bug | Ground
Ability: Anticipation/Battle Armor
Pokédex Entry:
-PEBREY use their markings that resemble Oran Berries to trap prey, but sometimes they are also mistaken for Oran Berries, Shiny PEBREY do not have this problem.
-PEBREY use Oran Berries to color themselves the color of an Oran Berry, Shiny PEBREY's shells make the color seem purple.

Base Stats:
HP: 50
Atk: 61
Def: 70
SpA: 40
SpD: 40
Spe: 30
Total: 291

Evolves into Minerant leveling up while holding Hard Stone
Evolves into Shilure leveling while holding an Metal Coat

BugandGroundStage1.png

Minerant [Mineral+Ant]
(Mi-ner-rant)
Species: The Hard Shelled Pokemon
Height: 3'02"
Weight: 102 lbs.
Type: Bug | Rock
Ability: Intimidate/Battle Armor
Pokédex Entry:
-MINERANT control the swams of PEBRAY and lesser MINERANT, while SANDURE attend to the nest..
-MINERANT don't follow the custom of painting Oran Berries on their body, they have no need for them.

Base Stats:
HP: 80
Atk: 114
Def: 60
SpA: 104
SpD: 40
Spe: 96
Total: 494

Bugandsteel.png

Shiure [Shine+Lure]
(Shy-yure)
Species: The Lure Pokemon
Height: 3'00"
Weight: 69 lbs.
Type: Bug | Steel
Ability: Arena Trap/Battle Armor
Pokédex Entry:
-SHIURE can rotate their upper abdomen 180°, they bury their body underground except for the Decoy they have that is an Oran Berry to attract prey
-SHIURE ecreat scents that attract smaller Pokémon to the Oran Berry decoy.

Base Stats:
HP: 104
Atk: 68
Def: 104
SpA: 50
SpD: 104
Spe: 64
Total: 494

The quality dropped dramatically from when I was coloring them to uploading onto photobucket so the edges look more rough >_>

Terravae.png

TerraVae (Terra + Larvae)
Bug/Ground
Keen Eye/Sand Veil
The Larvae Pokemon
HT: 1'09"
WT: 23.4 lbs.
Pokedex Entry: Terravae are commonly known for their ability to dig very well. Their heads can rotate 360 degrees to watch for enemies trying to strike them while digging.
Evolution:
Lv 35 --> Centivoid
Trade Holding Dragon Scale --> Scolopedo
Base Stats:
HP: 50
Atk: 60
Def: 50
SpA: 40
SpD: 50
Spe: 30
BST: 280

Centivoid.png

Centivoid (Centipede + Void)
Bug/Ground
Sand Veil/Battle Armor
The Digger Pokemon
HT: 5'10"
WT: 120.3 lbs.
Pokedex Entry: Centivoids are very skilled diggers. their claws work as drills allowing them to dig at fast speeds. You can tell that a Centivoid has been near when you see Zig Zag-pattern holes in the ground.
Evolution:
Lv 35 Terravae --> Centivoid
Base stats:
HP: 100
Atk: 73
Def: 110
SpA: 70
SpD: 103
Spe: 84
BST: 540

Scolopedo.png

Scolopedo (Scolopendra + Foot)
Bug/Dragon
Levitate
The Flying Centipede Pokemon
HT: 8'7"
WT: 145.9 lbs.
Pokedex Entry: The Wings along the side of Scolopedos bodies allow them to freely drift in the air. Scolopedo are very destructive and have been known to attack trainers.
Evolution:
Trade Holding Dragon Scale Terravae --> Scolopedo
Base stats:
HP: 84
Atk: 110
Def: 73
SpA: 105
SpD: 70
Spe: 103
BST: 545

*brushes eraser shavings off of shoulders*

I've finished my entry! I'm not sure, but based on the first post it sounds like all that is needed are the pictures of the fakemon, not any dex entries or stats, so I won't be including those. If technical information turn is required, I'll add them in ASAP.

---

Some quick background info on this line. These Pokemon, namely the evolutions, are literal interpretations of dragon and damselflies. That is, they are a combination of insect and lizard. Whether or not the basic evolves into the "dragonfly" or "damselfly" depends on the respective gender (male = dragon, female = damsel).

Odonapup (odonata + pupa)

nvs8jm.jpg

Pokedex entry: They endlessly dig through mud and silt searching for a Dragon Fang to speed up their exceedingly slow evolution; it can take 20 years to reach the necessary level to evolve.

Extra information:

Odonapup is the basic. Odonapups live in the water from the moment of their hatching. After hatching, they immediately take on the color of their surroundings (primarily the bottom of whatever body of water they are in) to camouflage themselves from predators. Their one and only goal in life is to evolve and to them, the sooner the better. An Odonapup can evolve through either level up, or attachment of a Dragon Fang. Thus, they spend almost all of their time sifting through mud and pebbles on the bottoms of lakes, rivers, and oceans looking for a Dragon Fang.

Even though Odonapups can be found in the ocean, the eggs are usually laid in rivers and lakes. The reason they can be found in the ocean is because the eggs they hatched from were carried by the current of the river they were laid in. The coloring of the drawing above represents the markings of an ocean-dwelling Odonapup that hatched in a very sandy environment.

---

Odonatar (odonota + 'tar' [as in, Tyranitar]) is the male evolution.

acw2e.jpg

Pokedex entry: It chases down prey using its incredible speed and aerobatic agility. It is one of the fastest Pokemon on the planet, but is quickly fatigued if it maintains extreme speeds for too long.
---

Odonadame (odonataa + dame)

qy8xmo.jpg

Pokedex entry: Keen on finding a powerful mate, it goads male Odonatar into non-stop chases that can last beyond a week. It mates with the one that perseveres the longest.

Oooh... Im loving all these really cool entrys.

How do you post them so they show the picture? And not just file download...

Grah. Couldn't get anything in in time. ;[

I just didn't really like any of my ideas.. Oh well.. guess there's always the next one. =p

Good luck guys.

Upload them on to www.photobucket.com or something like that. When you do, post the image tags (starts with , you'll know what I mean when you upload them).

---

Alright, my final entries;

[IMG]http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f141/scampy789/WaterBugV100000.png

Name: Grubber

Pokedex entry: Commonly found near sources of water. Grubber can make a horrible screeching noise by rubbing its back legs against its abdomen, which is used to deter predators and those who invade its terratory.

GroundBugColour.png

Name: Hulkapult

Pokedex entry: Its back legs can scoop up objects to load onto its flat abdomen. This is usually used to carry eggs, but Hulkapult is also strong enough to lift large rocks, which it can fling at rivals.

BugWater.png

Name: Predaclaw

Pokedex entry: Upon evolving, it lost the ability to walk on land in exchange for higher mobility in the water. Its red claws are symbolic of its violent and erratic nature.

---

I will close this thread and start the voting period later on today!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back