[attachment=5176][attachment=5177]
[attachment=5175]

Along with the pokedex info.

Aarwig
The armored earwig pokemon
Type 1: Bug Type 2: Steel

Height (length) 1’5”
Weight 25.4 LB

Usually preferring to live in the dirt, this pokemon will catch its prey with the claw like stinger on its tail.

Attack dex

-Tackle
-Poison Sting
-Iron Defense
18-Bug Bite
25-Iron Head

Base Stats: HP: 50 Atk: 40 SpA: 25 SpD: 30 Spe: 45

Frwasp
The Ice wasp pokemon

Type 1: Bug Type 2: Ice

Height: 3’05”
Weight: 75 LB

Ability: Ice Armor or Levitate
Ice armor: Reduce the damage received from fire type attacks.
Levitate: This pokemon receives no damage from ground type moves.

Found only in Cold Snowy Climates, this pokemon will quickly attack heat sources with its large icicle stingers.

Evolution:
Level up Aarwig at Ice Rock.

Attack Dex:

20-Toxic Spikes
26-Twin Needle
30-Pin Missile
34-Ice Shard
39-Agility
45-Poison Jab
50-X-Scizor
55-Blizzard

Base Stats: HP: 70 Atk: 100 Def: 60 SpA: 55 SpD: 55 Spe: 85

Magmoth
The Fire Moth Pokemon

Type 1: Bug Type 2: Fire

Height: 4’ 9”
Weight: 30.2 LB

Ability: Fire Veil or Levitate
Fire Veil: Increase evasion when hit with fire type moves.
Levitate: This pokemon is not affected by ground type moves.

Often the cause of wildfires, this pokemon releases heat waves with each flap of its fiery wings.

Evolution:
Level up in Stark Mountain

Attack Dex:

20-Gust
25-Ember
28-Signal Beam
35-Fire Fang
40-Agility
46-Air Slash
52-Bug Buzz
61-Flare Blitz
70-Heat Wave

Base Stats: HP: 70 Atk: 80 Def: 60 SpA: 100 SpD: 75 Spe: 100

Attachments

• Aarwig.JPG
    Aarwig.JPG
    420.1 KB · Views: 48
  • Frwasp.JPG
    Frwasp.JPG
    397.2 KB · Views: 70
  • Magmoth.JPG
    Magmoth.JPG
    387.4 KB · Views: 51
Sorry for the double post, but: Scampy, am i clear for the contest? Im not missing anything right? I can just wait now right?

Yeah, that's fine. Good luck in the contest!

Activity has been somewhat low so I'll post my first basic. I have in fact tried drawing this guy a billion times because the pose always looks (to me at least) awkward. I guess I previously made the legs too complicated, so I settled on a design that is more simple. Although I am still not happy with it, this will be my final sketch.

WaterBugV100000.png

This is my Basic Bug. The idea is that its back legs (Insects should have six legs! Stupid Butterfree) have evolved in such a way that they can rub against the abdomen to make a horrible screeching noise that deters predators (think nails on a black board).

The reason why it has eye goggles is because it is a water bug. It doesn't swim very well on account of being about as hydrodynamic as a brick, but it can walk underwater easily. Plus, I figured that a bug Pokemon like this would be used by Bug catcher/Scientist trainers, so a nerdy appearance just seemed to fit. XD

DONE. D:
It's a little sloppy...
but it will do.
http://wowsaphara.deviantart.com/art/Pokebeach-Contest-1-Round-2-132641976

This was all I could do for now, but Ill have a high-quality one by tomorrow.

Name: Goliacross

Types: Bug/Fighting

Pre-Evolution: Heracross

Acquired By: Leveling up a Heracross that knows Armor Rush (Fake Move)

Behavior: Extremely territorial. If it feels like its power is being questioned, it will not stop fighting until its honor is restored.

Classification: Pronged-Horn Pokemon

Size: On its hind legs, its slightly taller than a full-grown adult. (Somewhat larger than the Player Character)

Best Stats: (Highest to Lowest) Attack > Defense > Spec. Defense > Speed > Spec. Attack

Attachments

• Goliacross.bmp
    357.5 KB · Views: 37
Bacon, somehow soundwaves+underwater doesn't seem to mix well to me, but that might just be me and my limited knowledge of water creatures...

Looks cute, though, I wonder what it'll evolve into.

Goliacross reminds me of a samurai, especially the picture. I think you should make the horns that are on its forearms look like katana (samurai) swords. :D And perhaps give the thing a more samurai look in general. Just my two cents.

...you can't. I specified what the evolution line was. You need to draw a basic followed by two split evolutions.

MylesPrower said:
It's times like this I wish I could draw. Perhaps I can produce something in 5 days.

Im sure you can draw just fine. In some ways, these contests shouldnt be judged by level of drawing skills. If you have a good idea you have a good idea.

scampy said:
...you can't. I specified what the evolution line was. You need to draw a basic followed by two split evolutions.

Tell that to NotVeryEffective :p

Here's a picture to show the progress on my entry:

acw2e.jpg

This is the male form of the split-evolution. It's a Bug/Dragon Pokemon (i.e. a literal dragonfly) that is very quick and nimble in the air, but a clumsy yet fast runner. It snatches prey either in the air or ambushes and chases them down in tall grass. I don't imagine him to be more than waist high in stature, so to compensate for its size and fragility, it is hyper aggressive, hissing menacingly and displaying the pattern on its wings to make itself look bigger.

This took me about a week to design and 7 (straight) hours to finalize. Hopefully I'll be able to finish the other two by the 16th. ;f

Ground/Bug dude

GroundBugColour.png

Not really enough time to do highlights on anything apart from the goggles, so you'll have to make do with the chunky black blobs of awesome. : )

Computer art takes ages, Xous I don't know how you do it so quickly lol

....Im out. LOL

JK. Wow that is REALLY good.
I dont have any method of computer editing for mine, but they still look ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back