Fakemon Competition #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
shadoworganoid said:
Well, out of all fairness, you never actually said anything specific AND the Bug/Steel Scorpion idea is totally mine.

I mean, there are only so many different ideas to think of out there. Im not stealing anything, just saying you gave me some ideas.

lawl i was just talking about the centipede. thats actually a really interesting idea for a steel scorpion, just watch out for making it look too much like drapion ;]

Thanks. But yeah, sorry. I competely missed your statment for the centepede part. problem is, im not sure what else for a basic...

Well basics arent the main focus, will you be mad if i use a centepede based basic???

shadoworganoid said:
Thanks. But yeah, sorry. I competely missed your statment for the centepede part. problem is, im not sure what else for a basic...

Well basics arent the main focus, will you be mad if I use a centepede based basic?
nah. i'm leading off with a larvae sorta thing. :]

just to help others searching for an inspiration, i'm going to make a list of some really cool bugs at would make for interesting fakemon:

The Assassin Bug [no pun intended]
locust
saddleback Caterpillar
shield Bug
Trap Jaw Ant
Arilus cristatus
Moss Mantid
Tiger Mosquito
Robber Fly

I know i know of alot more bugs but i can't think of them atm, i'll add them later.

what do you guys think of a literal "fire ant"?
other wise im doing my original
--------------------teach dig-----------> bug/ground
bug/normal--->
--------------------teach fly------------> bug/flying

I'm doing this.

--------------------level 25-----------> bug/dark
bug/dark--->
--------------------teach dig------------> bug/ground

I'm using an armoured beetle that looks like a spider. Then it can either go into a dark spider or a humongus centipede like thing.

^ that is kind of like my idea with the dig thing...
er... just saying
( i have a feeling we are all going to be extremely limited by ideas)

Dude, it's not as if any name/dex you choose is going to be ignored. Far from it. You just post it in other thread I linked to in the OP, not here. And if it's good enough people will vote for it (and if not, well it doesn't deserve to be chosen). I already explained my reasons, and I won't do so again.

I'd like to point out that this is still all in the testing phase, so things may change (as I won last time, I am using Grass/Dark as a test pilot). If you want the system to change back to its original format, dropping out is not productive- after all, this tournament still needs to be alive if I am going to go back to the ways of old. : D

safariblade said:
er... just saying
( I have a feeling we are all going to be extremely limited by ideas)

you will only be limited by ideas if you don't have an imagination, you have 16 different types to work with, over 1,000,000,000 different animals and bugs on earth to base off of and an endless creative evolution possibilites. use your brain ;]

safariblade said:
what do you guys think of a literal "fire ant"?
other wise im doing my original
--------------------teach dig-----------> bug/ground
bug/normal--->
--------------------teach fly------------> bug/flying

Just so ya know I'm doin' a fire ant :) (did state in an earlier post!). By no means does that mean you can't do one too, just thought you should know!!

Anyway I noticed on the last comp people were posting their concept arts and so on so I've scanned in a bunch of my doodles for you to look at :p

My Pokemon is a Fire Ant (Fire/Bug) that splits into a Queen Ant/Bumblebee themed Pokemon (Bug/Flying) and... Something else. The male will become something like a drone or an antlion, I can't decide...

Anyway, I've completed my design for the Queen Ant Bug/Flying evo and have uploaded all my designs and concept art that led up to it's existance!

The links are all the concepts and the picture at the bottom is the final piece.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/Igshnarf/fatant1.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/Igshnarf/fatant2.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/Igshnarf/fatant3.jpg

fatant4.jpg

The idea is based upon the ants in the nest feeding the Queen royal jelly and so on... So she's praised and fattened up by her underlings, but she herself is quite stupid and gluttonous. I also played on the fact that Queen Ants are born with wings but once they've built a nest they get all big and fat and don't fly anymore.

Didn't come up with a name or dex entry as per the rules, so I just call it Fatant atm lol.

In game it would function as a tank/wall, mainly special tank, immunity to ground helps with this I feel. Could learn Tail Glow and Baton Pass for some crazy special sweeping, as well as retain some weaker fire moves from it's previous form for some surprises if you wanted to use it that way. Auto ability Thick Fat would suit, but maybe Flame Body would be interesting? But that wouldn't make much sense considering it's no longer part Fire... Ah wellz.

I'll now start working on the base form and the male evolution. :)

P.S. I don't think we're limitted on ideas either, there's thousands of insects and concepts to use!

well, i just bought some modeling clay to get a basic idea of what my fakemon are gonna look like, as soon as i finish, i'll post up some pictures of the clay models, the colors wont be the same as i just bought some white and earth tone colored clay. :] oh and the queen bee/fire ant thing looks cool :p

I really like the idea behind that Queen Ant Pokemon, but the colour scheme you have chosen, the honey-coloured substance it is eating, and the fact it has wings make it look like a Bee instead. If you make this more noticeable as an Ant, you could be on to a winner.

My idea is really weird :)

The Assassin said:
safariblade said:
er... just saying
( I have a feeling we are all going to be extremely limited by ideas)

you will only be limited by ideas if you don't have an imagination, you have 16 different types to work with, over 1,000,000,000 different animals and bugs on earth to base off of and an endless creative evolution possibilites. use your brain ;]
what i mean is.... everyone seems yo either be doing a fire ant, a steel scorpion, or a centipede

Not everyone. The Steel/Metal Scorpion idea is mine and mine alone. So It seems. lol
Some crazy cool concept ideas are in my head and its hard to decide. Point is, there are plenty of bugs to choose from or work with.

I'm glad people like it, I'm proud of it :)

And to Scampy, yes I felt the same way! As I was colouring it I realized it looked more like a Bumblebee, but I kind of like that! The tutu thing was a last minute addition, as her belly was pretty bare... And voila bumblebee. Adds more obscurity, as I find that alot of Pokemon are quite enigmatic in what they're based on... But we'll see how the competition goes and I may redesign her. We do have a while...

I'm thinking for the male I might have a literal ant-lion in the sense that it looks like an insectoid lion. I might add a chain-leash too xD.

Also, is one of the branch evos allowed to be the same type as the first form? 'Cause I might make the male evo stay Fire/Bug.

I am doing a Bug/Ground for one of the evo's. Here is the rough draft. (Thanks Xous for teching me how to make them better, lol.)
Anty.png

k so i finished the models and i only made two because both of the final two evos will look somewhat the same. personally, they turned out kinda bad because i wasnt as skilled with clay as i thought xP:

013.jpg

014.jpg

016.jpg

:]

Just a thought of what My basic Pokemon may look like:

bug_grond.png

Bug/Ground

Plus some supporting material... woo hoo!:
Unlucky Rattata :]
OK I lied... only one thing.

I'm thinking of making my line based around a Trapping Scorpion (Arena Trap/Shadow Tag), the Basic Pokemon was done pretty fast, I may scrap the slim Idea all together for a More bulky look, or have the evo look more bulky :], but this isn't the only idea I currently have, I just want to know the feed back.

P.S. yes that is a Leppa berry on its tail... originally it was supposed to be a tail that looked like a different Pokemon, but the question left me with "Which Pokemon?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back