Fakemon Competition #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha wow, talk about an explosion of last minute entries! There's a lot of really cool stuff here, nice work everyone. Just a reminder, the entry period ends tomorrow. I will close this thread on Monday morning (and as I live in England, that's a really early Monday morning for American users).

scampy said:
Haha wow, talk about an explosion of last minute entries!
What can I say? Medaf sent me the link, like, last night, ha ha! I'm always last minute with these sorts of things...!

I added Shadows!

BASIC::

Rocko
The Leafy Rock Pokemon
Type: Grass

"It hides in holes during the day. the antennae on its head allow it to communicate with others of its kind."

STAGE 1::

Rocktoid
The Viney Rock Pokemon
Type: Grass/Dark

"This Pokemon lies in wait for those on the forest floor below. Its springy legs and arms allow it to jump and swing into trees."

STAGE 2::

Geodactyl
The Flying Rock Pokemon

"A sneaky Pokemon that waits until nightfall to come out. Many people mistake it for a large bird in the darkness."

NAMES::

Rocko - "Rock" meaning Rock. "O" to make it sound cute.

Rocktoid - "Rock" meaning Rock. "toid" to make it sound cool.

Geodactyl - "Geo" meaning Earth or Rock. "-dactyl" From Teradactyl.

Okay I've done my entry, the artwork leaves alot to be desired (lol pun) but I think you get the general jist of the design!

The first form is a bird of paradise Pokemon, a fusion of the actual birds of paradise and the plant of the same name. The evolution is a Cassowary, a flightless bird that's quite scary and 'dark' in its demeanor. It's also bulky in shape, which leads onto the defensive part of the brief. The final form is a Bouquet Peacock Pokemon, that uses it's tailfeathers/bouquet as a defensive shell to protect itself.

I hope this fits the brief and I hope people like my design! I love making up Pokemon.

PS. My favorite entry so far is Staraptors. :)

---

Stage 1
flowiss1.jpg

Name: Flowiss
Morphology: Paradise + Flower
Pronunciation: Flow- Wiss
Class: The Paradise Pokemon
Pokedex Entry:
1: Its wings are made from a delicate collection of petals and leaves. It cannot fly with them, they are purely for decorative purposes.
2: When trying to impress a mate, it opens its wings into a beautiful display of feather like petals, tendrils and leaves.
3: It sips nectar from plants through a small hole at the tip of its mouth. Although it looks like a beak, it functions more like a trunk.

Stage 2
cassowrys1.jpg

Name: Cassowrys
Morphology: Cassowary + Paradise
Pronunciation: Cass-Oh-Riss
Class: The Lurker Pokemon
Pokedex Entry:
1: In the safety of the darkness, Cassarys gather in shallow rivers. They find spots and sink their feet into the mud, and stay there.
2: Their feet act as roots. They dig their feet into the mud in rivers and absorb nutrients.
3: This nocturnal Pokemon projects light stored during the daytime through its eyes. This combined with their stillness is enough to give any passer by chills.

Stage 3
peaquet1.jpg

Name: Peaquet
Morphology: Peacock+Bouquet
Pronunciation: Poe-Kay
Class: The Bouquet Pokemon
Pokedex Entry:
1: Their tailfeathers trail behind them in a long train. Hundreds of different wildflowers and orchids bloom out behind, and form a huge bouquet like display.
2: When it feels threatened, it's tailfeathers erect and expand into a huge display. The main petals from the tail bend round to form a protective shell.
3: It's main tailfeathers are emblazoned with eye-like patterns designed to scare away attackers. It hides within a bouquet of wildflowers and orchids, staring out with it's vacant eyes.

This is a very colourful and beautiful fakemon. The one thing I find strange is that your stage 2 seems to be much larger than your stage 3. Also your stage three looks great (the peacock feathers look stunning) but the purple is too light and should match your cassowrys to give it a more darker look. Just somethings I noticed but overall it's excellent.

Well, they are finally done. =]

Armaphyll Lv. 25 -> Vivaphyll Lv. 40 -> Delphyllium

http://i325.photobucket.com/albums/k393/whizpop/Armaphyll.jpg
Armaphyll (Armadillidiidae + Chlorophyll)
Pronounced: Arm-ah-Fill
Woodlouse Pokemon
HT: 1'3" WT: 25.6 lbs.
If in a dangerous situation, Armaphyll naturally curl into a ball to prevent damage. The vines on their face serve as extra eyes to see during the night.

Base Stats:
HP 40
Atk 50
Def 45
SpA 18
SpD 45
Spe 30

BST: 228

http://i325.photobucket.com/albums/k393/whizpop/Vivaphyll.jpg
Vivaphyll (Vibration + Chlorophyll)
Pronounced:Vee-vaa-fill
Leaf Pokemon
HT: 4'8" WT: 110.6 lbs.
Vivaphyll are nocturnal pokemon. Their wings will give off a horrid screech when they find food. Vivaphyll can fly away from danger but cannot fly for long as their wings are weak.
Base Stats:
HP 80
Atk 65
Def 68
SpA 30
SpD 68
Spe 85

BST: 396

http://i325.photobucket.com/albums/k393/whizpop/Delphyllium.jpg
Delphyllium ( Delirium + Chlorophyll)
Pronounced: Dell-fill-e-um
Tree Pokemon
HT: 9'11" WT: 432.1 lbs.
The cherry at Delphyllium's tail give off a powerful toxin that can cause anybody near it to become delirious. their skin is made of pure Oak and is extremely difficult to break through. At night, Delphyllium sleep with their mouths open to fool smaller pokemon to go inside, thinking they are going into a cavern.

Base Stats:
HP 110
Atk 85
Def 108
SpA 71
SpD 108
Spe 78

BST: 560

Removed the pictures and made them links due to them being too big. EDIT: got bored and decided to add Base stats=]

My Entry!

BASIC::

Rocko
The Leafy Rock Pokemon

"It hides in holes during the day. the antennae on its head allow it to communicate with others of its kind."

STAGE 1::

Rocktoid
The Viney Rock Pokemon

"This Pokemon lies in wait for those on the forest floor below. Its springy legs and arms allow it to jump and swing into trees."

STAGE 2::

Geodactyl
The Flying Rock Pokemon

"A sneaky Pokemon that waits until nightfall to come out. Many people mistake it for a large bird in the darkness."

NAMES::

Rocko - "Rock" meaning Rock. "O" to make it sound cute.

Rocktoid - "Rock" meaning Rock. "toid" to make it sound cool.

Geodactyl - "Geo" meaning Earth or Rock. "-dactyl" From Teradactyl.

Final Entry

sugi_cacushyy.png

Fouliag
Pronounced: Fowl-e-edge
Species: Welcome Pokémon
Height: 1'05''
Weight: 7 lbs.
Ability: Overgrow
Pokédex entry: With such a small stature and low weight, it is hard to believe that Fouliag can't fly, it instead gets around by hopping from tree top to tree top.
(Name Originates from FOwL and FolIAGe)

Evolves at level 16

casstalk.png

Atrociary
Pronounced: Uh-tro-she-ary
Species: Un-welcome Pokémon
Height: 3'09''
Weight: 57.1 lbs.
Type: Grass | Dark
Pokédex entry: Atrociary make their nests underground since they are no longer agile enough to scale trees.
(Name Originates from ATROCIous and CassowARY)

Evolves at level 30

sugi_cassocre.png

Cassacre
Pronounced: Ca-sa-cure
Species: Un-welcome Pokémon
Height: 6'01''
Weight: 319.1 lbs.
Type: Grass | Dark
Pokédex entry: Cassacre are know to dwell under Oran Berry trees for hours eating the tree till it is bear of Berries, then it moves on to another tree.
(Name Originates from CASSowary and MassACRE)

This was a pretty cool competition scampy, just maybe next time I would enjoy a broader array of possibilities, since starters are always a cute, little, small Pokémon that turns into a ferocious, big Pokémon. Can't wait to partake in the next one, hope it's soon =].

firstx.png

Name: Mushcap
The Mushroom Ball Pokemon
Height: 1'09"
Weight: 22.6 lbs
Pokedex: This pokemon likes to gather on moonlit nights.The top of their caps glow in the moonlight.

Name: Mushroom + Cap

Evolves at level 14:

middle.png

Name: Mushup
Height: 3'02"
Weight: 46.7 lbs
Pokedex: It likes to pretend to be a seat for travelers or pokemon in deep dark forests. It leaps out to surprise the resting individual.

Name: Mushroom + Bishop (because it looks like the chess piece)

Evolves at level 36:

lastq.png

Name: Musheeld
Height: 5'3"
Weight: 304.1 lbs
Pokedex: It uses its shield to protect itself from strong attacks. It regrows the shield if it takes too much damage in battle.

Name: Mushroom + Shield

Geez, I expected some last minute entries but... you guys have outdone yourselves.

Voting is now going to be very haaaaaaaaaard.

Just a reminder, today is the last day for submissions! This thread will be closing in roughly 9 hours time, and will be replaced by a voting thread (I will go into detail about the voting process when the time comes).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back