Fakemon Competition #1

Status
Not open for further replies.

bacon

!!!!!
Hi guys, and welcome to the first Fakemon competition! Once every month, we will be holding a tournament where people design a Pokemon based on certain restrictions. The winners entry will be added to a collective Fakedex. The aim here to eventually create an entirely new set of a 100-something Pokemon.

Please note that absolutely anyone can join this. You don't have to sign up or anything. Just browsing our forums and want to participate? Then all you have to do is make an account and post your Fakemon. : )

Requirements for your entry:

1) You must draw every single Pokemon asked for in the evolution line

2) These drawings must be accompanied by the name and Pokedex entry for your Fakemon

3) Try and get the highest quality picture you can! Stuff of low quality might be rejected in the voting process.

4) Your entry must abide by the criteria given for each tournament, which will be given at the end of this post.

Any kind of artistic medium is allowed here, so it could be pencil drawings, computer art, paint, charcoal... you get the idea.

You may also add little bits and pieces to your submission to better explain your Pokemon. Concept art can be posted to show how your Pokemon behaves in the wild (these do not have to be polished pieces of art, they can just be rough sketches). You may also type up additional information about your Pokemon which won't fit into your Pokedex entry. Although neither of these are mandatory requirements, I suggest you think about adding them as it could give your submission an edge over the competition.

Other Rules

1) If you want to use any of the entries for your own projects (like a fan game or something), then you must ask the artist for permission.

2) Do not steal art from others and claim it as your own. So help me God, if I catch anyone doing this, I'll ban you from this competition and possibly the entire forum.

3) Standard forum rules apply as usual. That includes the rules we have that are exclusive to fan creations.

So in other words, don't be a jerk and you should be fine.

Voting

So, how is the winner determined? This will be based on a public vote, where the entry with the most votes is crowned as the winner. The voting period will start in roughly three weeks time, when the submission period is over. I will go into further detail about the voting process when the time comes.

Competing

Ok, now that all the rules and stuff are out of the way, let me finally explain what this months Fakemon will be based on!

I want you to design a grass type starter line. The typings will go as Grass -> Grass/Dark -> Grass/Dark. This Pokemon must have a bulky/defensive appearance.

You may use any kind of concept you can think of. It could be based on a lizard, a tree, a flower... the list is only limited by your imagination.

The submission period for your entries begins now, and ends on the 19th of July. Good luck to all participants!

Hello Scampy. I would like to enter this competition if that's OK with you. Thanks! ~ JC.

Guys I don't know why you are saying "I'm in" when anybody is allowed to join.

EDIT: Spam posts deleted. ;0

Oh, does the whole evolution line have to have a defensive appearance? and can you hand-draw it, then use Photoshop to make it look a little better?

safariblade said:
so what do we do when we are done?
and do they have to be colored?

Post them in this thread. And yeah, they need to be coloured.

Galloxys said:
Oh, does the whole evolution line have to have a defensive appearance? and can you hand-draw it, then use Photoshop to make it look a little better?

Up to you, although the final evolution definitely must be. And like I said, any medium, so a combination of the two is also Ok.

Although you must eventually submit your Fakemon, dex entry and name, you may post rough sketches and ideas in here before you make that final submission. It might be better if you did actually, just so you can get a rough idea about how well your Fakemon will be judged by the general public.

I'll submit my basic starter later- let's get this rolling guys! I've seen some entries in private already, and competition might get fierce... ;D

How much pokedex info does each need? I know it would have the basic stats like evolution level, type, height, wieght and what not, but how much else does it need?

Panda, it's on the end of the post, don't be dumb.

Good question shadoworganoid, that's something I didn't make clear ^-^; to be honest, I'm only concerned with what it actually says in the pokedex (for example "It usually hides in trees. When startled, it will emit a flash of light to confuse its foe and leap away"), but you may include stuff like height and weight if you wish.

So, what ideas do you guys have for your entries?

My Entry is going to be a leafy dragon of sort. I know, I know, it needs to be a Grass/dark type. But hey, look at charizard, it looks like a dragon and isnt a dragon type at all.

NO ONE COPY ME!!!! LOLz.

Here's a rough sketch of what I might use as the basic Pokemon in this evo line. Obviously the last one is what I am considering (I sketched it a couple of times and tweaked it until I got what I wanted). I think there is a chance that it looks somewhat Digimon-like, so hmm. You can ignore all the notations (they are not too important), those were mainly for my sake so I could keep track of my thoughts XP

This guy is based from an acorn, so I'm not sure whether to use him due to the similarity between this and the Shiftry line (the only other existing grass/dark type).

Awesome entry llucario! Good competition already :D

I'm in, although I fail as an artist so you'll be recieving sprites from me. Scampy your thought process amazes me, I'm one to bottle things in my head, but considering how wonderful your art is, perhaps that is unaffective. I like the little jacket thing he's got going on.

Wait, why are we even telling each other our ideas???
...Oh well.

For the pokedex info, can I include the Attack list? And if so, can I make new attacks too?

For fun I guess, but also it's a good way to see how others view your ideas. If nobody likes your concept, you can change it before it's too late. :D

For attacks, go right ahead. But they are not truly required, and I'm not sure if they would impact how many votes you recieve.

I'm done with my drawings, I just need to either find my camera or figure out how to use my mom's scanner. I'm thinking:

Limble > Malistem > Oakurse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back